Showcaseble,Recruitable players What are teams looking for in them?

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Since we have had the discussion about one of our best NEO coach's calling it quits in the coaching game , and she expessed that one of the reasons was the players of today .I was thinking a good question would be to orgs that get a lot of players recruited. What are some of things they look for in keeping and aquiring these players besides playing skills that arnt like the ones she spoke of ,to make there jobs easier in helping them achieve there goal?

Last edited:

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Since the discussion of one of our best NEO coach's calling it quits in the coaching game , and one of the reasons was the players of today .I thought a good question would be. What do the better recruiting orgs look for in keeping and aquiring the more recruitable players to make there jobs easier in helping them achieve there goal?
Know this an org question and a lot won't want to be called out ,if they got some players/parents they may be finding out about now that tryouts are over and dealing with,keep it general I'll add my thoughts if no one responds.

lewam3

Reaction score
Okie, with all due respect, and I am sincere when I say that, could you maybe rephrase your two posts? Because, I have reread them several times and still don't know exactly what you are asking. Have not had any beer yet either.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Okie, with all due respect, and I am sincere when I say that, could you maybe rephrase your two posts? Because, I have reread them several times and still don't know exactly what you are asking. Have not had any beer yet either.
Try a beer before you read it,it might help or maybe not.

Coach Sonny

Reaction score
1) ATTITUDE (good one)
2) ACADEMIC (good grades)
3) ATHLETIC (talented)

okiedad1961

Reaction score
1) ATTITUDE (good one)
2) ACADEMIC (good grades)
3) ATHLETIC (talented)
1.Attitude Listening and doing what coachs say,Respectful to coachs,parents,teamates,competition.Does there work at home on there skills.
Academics -Doing what your capable of academically,
Atheletic- Building on what physical strenghs your given w a focus on game performance and endurance