Softball Power Drive

You would be pushing off just like in the hole that they get at the rubber. I cant see how it couldnt help. I know a pitching instructor that makes girls throw from a starting block, same basic idea.

http://gotbustos.com/shop
I got the bungee bat from Crystl and have found a second use for it. I put a belt on my daughter and then hook the velcro loop around the belt behind her. I sit in a chair and hold on to the bat end Very Tightly. She then goes into her pitching stride and she has to stride out hard to pitch. It seems to be helping to increase her stride length and emphasizes pushing of her right foot. I got the idea from Howard to use surgical tubing for this, but watching DD use the bungee bat a lightbulb went off in my head. I used an inner belt that i used in my job.
Mike Barrett

The video leads me to conclude that those who already have a crow hop will continue that habit and those who don't won't develop a crow hop.

My DD's pitching coach is now using it. It does not induce crow hop. After watching them use it for a a couple of weeks I believe it encourages a stronger, more positive rocking motion followed by the "starting block effect" they were getting from the straight starting block.

Still too early for me to buy stock but I'm becoming a believer.

I think the fact they are pushing off of an elevated surface makes it stand out with some of those pitchers. There are some of the pitchers in that video, however, that are able to keep the drag foot on the ground so we can't say for certain that it is the device.

I've been on that site and it appears that the girls in the video are new to using the device, so it is hard to say if their drag foot problems are new or (more likely) old problems. That is the problem with using players to demonstrate a product when they are just being introduced to it.

I just recently came into possession of one of these devices, but haven't had much opportunity to try it out for pitching yet (basketball season). I'll try it out this week and report back.

We did try it out again this weekend for hitting and I really like using it for the stride foot. My DD tends to open up a little to early and this helped out with that.

Howard using either this or something extremely close to it for hitting. Hopefully he'll see this thread and comment on it....

Looking forward to hearing more reviews of this product.

My daughter has stride issues, not getting enough of a push. Her drag foot is always on the ground, which I love, but it does not look like she gets a good "jump". I'm hoping this could help with that.

I figured with the added bonus of the hitting help and transferring weight more forward on the front foot it would be worth it.

I have one that Bustos gave me. My only comment is it is a little expensive . It does a good job in teaching kids Eversion. Like Chris when using it for hitting we place the device in the down position so the kids can go to Elvis from that position. The one thing I did change, I putting some carpet on the step, because if your foot becomes wet this thing is very slippery.

DD used it at her pitching lesson starting about 3 months ago. Taught her to really push off the plate. It was hard for her to do at first, but now when she is practicing she sometimes pretends she is actually stomping on a power drive! In addition to the speed drills her excellent pitching coach started her on, she went from 52 to 56 mph over that time period. PS no crow hop either.

my DD started using it at her pitching coach about 2 months ago, at first i was skeptical and also worried about a crow hop. she took to it very well and there was no hop and it actually auto corrected a bad habit she had before.... pdad7