State Protocals are posted!

Stedman00

Reaction score
sure thing, virtual meeting whenever possible???

and no, I will not be wearing a mask at any point.

Last edited:

FC2019

Reaction score
so what about warm up do they need a mask to warm up there actually doing stuff hard to breath
and my daughter that is watching the game dont need a mask but the kid playing needs one so after the game she becomes a spectator just cuz she has a jersey she needs a mask at all time?

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
so what about warm up do they need a mask to warm up there actually doing stuff hard to breath
and my daughter that is watching the game dont need a mask but the kid playing needs one so after the game she becomes a spectator just cuz she has a jersey she needs a mask at all time?
Don't forget the offense side must wear a mask. If the ump is required, you better bet he will make the players and coaches

FC2019

Reaction score
no cuz the batter has to run while they are in dugout im sure

M & R Davis

Reaction score
Not saying I love everything there but I don’t see anything that is too outrageous. I said before if I have to stand on my head and watch with one eye closed for our girls to get to play I’d do it. Still stand by that and the regulations and getting to play sure beat the hell out of cancelling everything for the summer.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Not saying I love everything there but I don’t see anything that is too outrageous. I said before if I have to stand on my head and watch with one eye closed for our girls to get to play I’d do it. Still stand by that and the regulations and getting to play sure beat the hell out of cancelling everything for the summer.

Yep, I agree with you. Everyone needs to stop trying to read so far into this and take what information is given and try to make it work for the kids!

IRdad09

Reaction score
If feel that although there are options here to play. My gut tells me a lot of TD's are not going to hold anything after seeing this. Lots of gray area and who is in charge? One ump could certainly be more than the last or next. At least I had 24hrs of happiness.

Cat-Man

Reaction score
Field of play means batter and on deck batter won't need to have one on.

I would think WARM UP falls under PRACTICE. Because that is what you are doing. Masks are not required during practice. The whole reason they say you don't need one in the field of play is because of the possible breathing/asthma issues and that opens them up to even more negligence if a kid dies of an asthma attack while wearing a mask on the field. Warm up is just as strenuous.

Just guessing, but the thought of having the girls wearing a mask when not on the field is them probably thinking there would be 10+ people crammed in a dugout. You notice there are no number in dugout restrictions? IMO if you allow your kids to spread out in between innings, and maybe sit by their parents, and not in the dugout, they can probably get away with not wearing a mask between innings.

Coaches wearing a mask is going to suck. No lip reading and it will muffle yelling instructions. Not sure I understand no gum chewing? Because they don't want you to share? Choking hazard? Don't want you spitting out a contaminated piece?

google1

Reaction score
So I'm taking it as the players & coaches are required to wear masks while in the dugout... (NOT in field of play and NOT as a spectator). Since the dugout area isn't mentioned.
If a park/venue decides the players sit outside the dugout (which I've seen suggested) does this mean they could get by without having to wear them since they are social distancing?

Im assuming the masks are because they can't social distance in the dugout and umpires being so close to the catcher. No one else is required to wear face coverings....

Last edited:

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
I never could have imagined it would be this lenient/lax. Frankly, I never imagined we'd really be able to play this summer. To my eye, there's not much here at all.
I agree about even playing this year but offense, base runners and umpires wearing masks? Umpires are recommended to have "some distance" from the catcher? Those are my big ones

Cat-Man

Reaction score
I agree about even playing this year but offense, base runners and umpires wearing masks? Umpires are recommended to have "some distance" from the catcher? Those are my big ones

Where are you getting that offense has to wear masks? It says players must wear masks when not actively participating in field of play. Batting and base running are actively participating in the field of play.

SonicMojo

Reaction score

There is no requirement that offense/base runners wear a mask.

jayflyer98

Reaction score
I am just happy we are playing. If I have to wear a mask to allow these girls to play, I will certainly do that even thought I know cloth or disposable masks really do nothing. Our team already placed an order for matching lightweight/breathable neck gaiters that can easily be pulled up and down. Plus it will keep sun off them too a little. Just going to suck it up and be happy we are playing. I bet most of us on this site would have never thought May 26th was going to be the date to return.
My theory on face coverings is DeWine and Dr. (I talk to slow) Acton are doubling down on the masks because of all the hype they have been giving it recently. They have to know a fabric mask does nothing. It is like trying to carry water with a fishing net!! for real!! But I think they see the mask as a reminder to distance and use proper hygiene. Just my $0.02....

M & R Davis

Reaction score
Also keep in mind these are the starting point. Maybe they get relaxed some? Either way happy we have guidance and are allowed to play. Go back to the other thread and see how many people said no way we would
Play in June and doubtful in July and August. Field of play means both offensive and defensive players do not need to wear face coverings.