Thread for professional photographers only!

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Professional. Ha!

I travel a lot for work so I get to see things that us po-folk wouldn't ordinarily get the chance to look at. It's a nice change after 20 years of bustin' my back.

There is a lot of downtime so I bought a cheap used DSLR off of craigslist and learned how to use it.

Anyone else here fancy their self a photographer?

Here is some of my stuffs that I think turned out ok:

The rock at night:

alcatraz1.jpg

Not so far away, I still like this shot of Columbus:

columbus 2.jpg

Another shot in Columbus:

columbus.jpg

MY bridge. I keep it out west so my wife can't lose it and my kids can't break it:

golden gate1.jpg

Another shot of MY bridge:

golden gate3.jpg

lewam3

Reaction score
Mike-
I am impressed. Nice, nice work. those really are nice photographs, although the last 2 posts did not come through (admin wouldn't allow link)
I will add that I have a damn expensive DSLR that I didnt buy off craigs list, and I can't take pictures that good. I guess its all about the operator, not the machine, lol.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Thanks.

It's a Canon 350D. 8.0mp.

I paid 200 clams for it.

When people tell me it takes nice pictures I usually say my oven bakes pretty good cookies too. :cool:

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Fixt! The problem is I tried to post using "quick reply."

Miami:

miami.jpg

Miami 2:

miami2.jpg

Riverside park in Findlay, Christmas eve. Only 20 minutes from home, but proof that you can polish a turd:

riverside findlay_.jpg

Riverside 2, in the day time, first experiment with neutral density filters:

riverside findlay 2.jpg

mike_dyer

Reaction score
North end of Sunshine Skyway, St. Petersburg, FL.:

sunshine skyway.jpg

Sunshine Skyway from the south:

sunshine skyway north.jpg

Tampa, FL:

tampa_.jpg

yossarian

Reaction score
I know enough to be dangerous with my camera and to know you got some great stuff here!

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
Using a Nikon D7000, been way more than happy with the still lifes,landscapes and architectural pics I like to take.
Still trying to get used to taking action shots during a game and having it bracket the background image instead of the foreground action in wanted. Probably a setting I have t figured out yet,'the manual is a it the size of Kong dick and an even less riveting read!!!

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_3966.jpg

DSC_3822.jpg

still trying to learn everything this camera does. had a decent nikon pocket that actually took great shots, post some later

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
If you like City Photography, you should check out NYONAIR they are growing in Cities and you can do 15, 20 ,30 minute helicopter flights.... DD just won a contest of theirs yesterday for a photo entry for a free flight for four in NY....

These are some she shot last time she flew

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Professional. Ha!

I travel a lot for work so I get to see things that us po-folk wouldn't ordinarily get the chance to look at. It's a nice change after 20 years of bustin' my back.

There is a lot of downtime so I bought a cheap used DSLR off of craigslist and learned how to use it.

Anyone else here fancy their self a photographer?

Here is some of my stuffs that I think turned out ok:

The rock at night:

View attachment 1495

Not so far away, I still like this shot of Columbus:

View attachment 1496

Another shot in Columbus:

View attachment 1497

MY bridge. I keep it out west so my wife can't lose it and my kids can't break it:

View attachment 1498

Another shot of MY bridge:

View attachment 1499

Love the San Fran area, i spent alot of time across the bay in Alameda, have any pics of the old naval station or Jack London Square?

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Love the San Fran area, i spent alot of time across the bay in Alameda, have any pics of the old naval station or Jack London Square?

No, but I'll be back there again real soon.

Was actually in Alameda not too long ago, didn't have much time to do anything though. I'll have a lot more time on this trip.

Fair warning to any other punk rock people. There isn't a lot worth looking at in the East Bay.

What I'm trying to say, in so many words, is "This ain't no mecca, man, this place is ******!"

mike_dyer

Reaction score
If you like City Photography, you should check out NYONAIR they are growing in Cities and you can do 15, 20 ,30 minute helicopter flights.... DD just won a contest of theirs yesterday for a photo entry for a free flight for four in NY....

These are some she shot last time she flew

The last time I was in San Francisco is when I took that pic on the right side of MY bridge. There was a guy up there trying real hard to balance his ridiculously over priced camera on this little post to take a decent pic. I kinda laughed watching him and then I offered to let him put his $2,000 camera on my $20.00 tripod. ;)

We talked for a bit and he's actually a professional aerial photographer, he shoots from drones.

I met this kid from Jordan when I took the pics in Miami. Same deal, high dollar camera, no tripod. He actually had no clue how the camera even worked so I gave him a quick lesson on shutter speed, aperture, etc. Him and his girlfriend were driving around the outside edge of the USA. I was going to go down from where I was and get a better angle of downtown but I ended up hanging out with them for too long. Pretty good day.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
No, but I'll be back there again real soon.

Was actually in Alameda not too long ago, didn't have much time to do anything though. I'll have a lot more time on this trip.

Fair warning to any other punk rock people. There isn't a lot worth looking at in the East Bay.

What I'm trying to say, in so many words, is "This ain't no mecca, man, this place is ******!"

Thats the way it should be brother - Punk was about Nihilism and anti sentamentality - (Or was it about making money - I actuly dont remember any more)

But in the mean time please enjoy some classic rock
[video=youtube;OvwSa4B90Uk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvwSa4B90Uk[/video]
(Yes I know - Not SF band but I like it and it seemed to fit my post)

Last edited:

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Last edited: