Top 10u teams

Who will be the tough 10u teams this spring? New to this & just seeing what teams will be the toughest this year. I know its hard to say at this age how they will develop through the winter but figured someone would have some insight.

Here is a start, I had to dig to find this....
http://www.thesoftballzone.com/vb3/...out-99s-whats-everyone-thinking-10s-12-a.html
There were some fast pitchers at 10u last year. Don't know if we will see that this year but at 10u teams and players can grow a great amount between Fall and Summer. There seems to be a decent amount of teams with young ladies in their 2nd and 3rd year at 10u travel I don't think anyone has seen what the Lasers will have this year yet, but I am sure they will be good. I am a coach of 1 team and a fan of many this year! I am excited to see how much they grow...but not looking forward to them growing up.

I have no dog in the fight, but Mason Thunder looks tough.

Mason thunder, storm 02, lasers, venom, lady vipers all top 10u teams...from what I see thunder and storm are in a lot of tournys together. Going to be fun to watch...

Be careful starting a thread like this, you might get slammed like the guy who started a similar thread for the 12u.

Be careful starting a thread like this, you might get slammed like the guy who started a similar thread for the 12u.
Curious as to why people would slam for starting a thread like this? If I were a coach that was relatively new to this area, and felt like I had a competitive team, then I would probably ask the same question. Just so that I could possibly have the chance to let my girls play against some of the best competition in the state.

Curious as to why people would slam for starting a thread like this? If I were a coach that was relatively new to this area, and felt like I had a competitive team, then I would probably ask the same question. Just so that I could possibly have the chance to let my girls play against some of the best competition in the state.

I couldn't agree more. I too find these types of threads helpful to see which teams are considered to be at the top. In browsing I came across the 12u preseason poll and noticed a majority of that discussion was slamming the guy who started the thread...Hopefully this thread will stay positive!

Any returning 10U team will be one to watch for. I have moved onto 12's this year but I played/saw Ice-red, Venom, Storm, and some others that I am now drawing a blank from.

Totally agree these help to have a idea when new. Last year with a 9u team and coming from Travel baseball to softball it was helpful to see who the better teams are and where they are playing. We tried to go to a few of those tournaments to see where we stood. As for this year we have seen quite a few teams this fall I would say Storm, Mason Thunder and Vipers are going to be tough competition. Also Venom and Ohio Classics were right there too. Have not seen Lasers, stingrays or Ice yet but I am sure they will put together solid teams. Also have to totally agree some of the middle of the road teams my be very different 6 months later because of the growth and practice of some hard working 9 & 10 year old girls. Should be a very fun season.

Totally agree these help to have a idea when new. Last year with a 9u team and coming from Travel baseball to softball it was helpful to see who the better teams are and where they are playing. We tried to go to a few of those tournaments to see where we stood. As for this year we have seen quite a few teams this fall I would say Storm, Mason Thunder and Vipers are going to be tough competition. Also Venom and Ohio Classics were right there too. Have not seen Lasers, stingrays or Ice yet but I am sure they will put together solid teams. Also have to totally agree some of the middle of the road teams my be very different 6 months later because of the growth and practice of some hard working 9 & 10 year old girls. Should be a very fun season.
I agree Jamie

Keep an eye on the Elyria Sundogs. As a young team last year they didn't back off of any competition. I would expect them to be the real deal this year.

Who will be the tough 10u teams this spring? New to this & just seeing what teams will be the toughest this year. I know its hard to say at this age how they will develop through the winter but figured someone would have some insight.

10u is very hard age to figure out because girls develop very rapidly at that age hit growth spurts etc storm 02 is tops till proven otherwise ice is strong mason thunder vipers venom and lasers always tough.... This my second time thru first time I was all about seeing polls where we ranked what others thought but here to tell you none of it matters at this point unless just to have little discussion you rarely see 14 u 16 u 18 u parents on here proclaiming anything they just show up play ball and try to improve there selves parents players are all past the stage if worrying about all this. I guarantee you some teams will be as advertised some wont some team will come out of no where and be good because at this age kids develop fast and one stud pitcher from being in a game with any team out there even best of teams will be off on days and make mistakes because well they are 9 and 10 ur olds will be fun yearcthough

Now after all that's said I will give my hypothetical top 7
Storm 02
Ice red
Lasers
Vipers
Mason thunder
Venom
Outlaws
Just from teams I have seen play or heard of I'm sure will be few out there to surprise some folks this year good luck to all!!!!!!!

Keep an eye on the Elyria Sundogs. As a young team last year they didn't back off of any competition. I would expect them to be the real deal this year.
AGREE! Sundogs all 9U last year and we played against them so i saw it first hand. They won the gplex tourney in ?Dec or Jan this past few months... I think they will be playing deep sundays! great lil team that never quits.

Should be exciting at rival in a few weeks..
Storm
Sundogs
Wolfpack
Outlaws