USSSA Early Bird Girls Fastpitch NIT - Teams

How did the 14u teams finish up on Saturday? Any seedings or scores?

Final Results for 14-U Sunday

Gold Bracket-
1st Place Miami Valley Express 13U
2nd Place- Rockers

SIlver Bracket-
1st Place- Cincinnati Sonics
2nd Place- Cincy Chill

Just a quick note (for me a quick note!)

This is the 5th consecutive year we have played in this tournament, and I would like to compliment Bob Owens and Mike McNutt on their efforts, in all 5 years there have never been any games cancelled due to weather, and we have had some pretty miserable weekends weather wise. The fields have always been in great condition, and they do a great job of communicating with the teams about delays, etc.

Secondly, I want to offer an opinion about the teams I saw this weekend, I had a chance to see and watch a large number of games at all age divisions, and I am really excited about the progress that in my opinion has been made here locally in fastpitch, 5-6 years ago there may have been 1-2 good SW Ohio teams in the tournament, again in my opinion I saw in each age division 5-6 teams that were all really nice team with some great athletes playing fastpitch, this is not a slam on those teams from 5 years ago but rather an observation of the improvment as a whole in the teams and coaches and the level of commitment I saw this weekend, we are a long way from catching up to some areas but I believe there has been a quantum leap in the quality and skill level of the players and teams in this area, and I am excitied about the prospects for this area when I watched the all the age divisons. It is clear there has been a lot of hard work done.

As I said we still have a long way to go, but the point of this reply is that the improvement and skill level of these girls is great and good to see.