Want to be an Outlaw? Here's your opportunity!

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Want to play for one of the top organizations?!
With the best coaching staff and endless recruiting possibilities?!
We one of the top recruited organizations for D1 athletes.
BECOME AN OUTLAW!!!
Here is a list of our amazing coaching staff and their contact information. Contact them for their try-out dates or to set up private tryouts.
Hope to see you there!
#Outlawnation!

Outlaws Demarini - 18U Yun/Morrison -

Kevin Yun 330-705-4512 yunny25@sbcglobal.net
Dave Morrison 412-498-7393 dmorrison1521@gmail.com

Outlaws Premier WV – 18U Phares - Chris Phares 304-541-0605 chrisphares64@gmail.com

Outlaws Elite PA – 18U Latess - Rob Latess 724-714-4581 roblatess@gmail.com

Outlaws Elite - 18U Accord - Adam Acord 440-935-3633 ohiooutlawsacord@gmail.com

Outlaws Premier PA – 16U Hoffner - Jim Hoffner 717-706-5203 hoffner31137@gmail.com

Outlaws Premier WV – 16U Lucas - Joey Lucas 304-690-1432 Jdl77sp@aol.com

Outlaws Premier OH – 16U Parsons - Jason Parson 740-497-5580 jparsons1977@yahoo.com

Outlaws Premier PA – 16U White - Tim White 724-714-1662 twhite6868@gmail.com

Outlaws Premier OH – 15U Schmeiser - Tom Schmeiser 330-620-4915 tjsmize@gmail.com

Outlaws Elite PA - Nogay/Williams
724-651-8623
OhioOutlaws2021@gmail.com

Outlaws Premier– 14U Garroway - Bill Galloway 724-614-2934 bgarroway@zoominternet.net

Outlaws Elite PA – 14U Rapp – Brian Rapp 304-374-4221 Bnrapp@gmail.com

Outlaws Futures OH – 13U Harbold - Tom Harbold 412-726-3285 btgunn20@aol.com

Outlaws Futures OH – 13U Johnson - Mike Johnson 740-252-6736 majbobo@hotmail.com

Outlaws Futures PA – 13U Feren - Donnie Feren 330-718-1252 Dferen@southrange.org

Outlaws Futures PA – 13U Metts - Art Metts 724-562-3522 Bartonhollowbeagles@yahoo.com

Outlaws Futures OH – 12U Gerring – Adam Gerring 330-352-6527 adammmg@neo.rr.com

Outlaws Futures OH – 11U Shaulis - Casey Shaulis 330-697-4862 cshaulis@gmail.com

Outlaws Futures PA – 10U Williams - Ron Williams 330-774-9980

r.willams@mccarthysystems.com

Last edited:

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I would guess some of the top would be Beverly bandits, Firecrackers (Cali), Texas Glory, OC Batbusters, and I am sure there are some others I am missing. A lot of great organizations out there for these kids to play for. My opinion Organization helps but its ultimately up to the girl and parents to contact the schools, go to camps, and visit different schools. D1 is not always the answer for every player. Players have a chance of getting more money and more playing time going other routes. Of course D1 might be most girls dreams, I get it. My question is how many of those actually stick and stay at D1 and get money for school and get playing time? I'm not trying to upset anyone its a legit question I have and always have wondered because I have heard stories.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I agree 100% Outlaws is a great organization. I think they (Outlaws) have potential of being one of the best organization in the Midwest soon. Personally I don't Drink the Kool-aid but seems to be a lot that do.

1stbasecoach

Reaction score
I agree with P4Game, there are a lot of routes. While big name orgs will open more doors, you can get noticed different ways. Paying $1000+ for a video that gets posted on a website can help too. The Outlaws are a good org, and have some really good teams. I am sure schools in their region are well aware of their players.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Considering only 5% of all girls play college softball and many of D1s don't recruit out of state.I don't see it would be necessary to play for the bigs unless your going to need athletic money as most of support.Academics is still the king in this game it will open doors for most of our ladies more than there skills on the field.Yes the bigs are getting you seen but odds are long.I'd say find a local that performs well in the state and is top 5 in USA nationals and go after the school w camps ,contacts an invites to see you play.Its your best shot in my book.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
My 14u team has 11 players. 7 of them received D1 offers. 4 took the offers, 3 are to power 5 schools. I understand there is a healthy skepticism out there about travel team's promises, but here is what I know to be true for sure. First, YOU need to promote YOU. This is where everything good that happens next starts. If you aren't emailing and going to camps, then it is a real uphill battle to try to get a commitment from a D1 softball program. Second, you do need to play in appropriate events. It is a must that you play appropriate level competition at events that are attended by the programs you want to play for in college. ALL any org can do is represent you well and provide you with the opportunity that is consistent with the goals you have set. Our team plays in the Scenic City power pool and in the O'Fallon showcase in the fall. We play Outlaws showcase, IDT, DeMarini Invitational and PGF nationals (or similar event) in the summer. For many girls, we are the ONLY Ohio based travel option as they otherwise cannot get in front of the programs they want to play for on a consistent basis. If you don't have a plan and are not attending camps and writing emails then certainly our team has no real benefit for you. When passion4the game talks about "more money" and "playing time" happening for you by abandoning your D1 dream it's hard for me to read that. At some point we all have to make a choice... either we go "all in" and chase our dreams at full speed or we don't. If your mentality is not that you are going to chase the dream at 100% and let the playing time and money work itself out, then these events might not be the place for you to play. If you want to be a high-level softball player, come talk to me and I will do whatever I can for you to help you achieve your goals.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
My 14u team has 11 players. 7 of them received D1 offers. 4 took the offers, 3 are to power 5 schools. I understand there is a healthy skepticism out there about travel team's promises, but here is what I know to be true for sure. First, YOU need to promote YOU. This is where everything good that happens next starts. If you aren't emailing and going to camps, then it is a real uphill battle to try to get a commitment from a D1 softball program. Second, you do need to play in appropriate events. It is a must that you play appropriate level competition at events that are attended by the programs you want to play for in college. ALL any org can do is represent you well and provide you with the opportunity that is consistent with the goals you have set. Our team plays in the Scenic City power pool and in the O'Fallon showcase in the fall. We play Outlaws showcase, IDT, DeMarini Invitational and PGF nationals (or similar event) in the summer. For many girls, we are the ONLY Ohio based travel option as they otherwise cannot get in front of the programs they want to play for on a consistent basis. If you don't have a plan and are not attending camps and writing emails then certainly our team has no real benefit for you. When passion4the game talks about "more money" and "playing time" happening for you by abandoning your D1 dream it's hard for me to read that. At some point we all have to make a choice... either we go "all in" and chase our dreams at full speed or we don't. If your mentality is not that you are going to chase the dream at 100% and let the playing time and money work itself out, then these events might not be the place for you to play. If you want to be a high-level softball player, come talk to me and I will do whatever I can for you to help you achieve your goals.

Very well put. Thanks. Obviously I should of worded it differently. D1 is not the only thing that's out there for these girls. Meaning if they don't get into a D1 school its not the end of the world. DII, NAIA, & NJCAA.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Very well put. Thanks. Obviously I should of worded it differently. D1 is not the only thing that's out there for these girls. Meaning if they don't get into a D1 school its not the end of the world. DII, NAIA, & NJCAA.
Couldn't agree more with you on that. Any of those opportunities (including D3) are great if it's the right fit for you.

Pitchermom

Reaction score
It seems sad to me that a girl not pursuing D1 would be considered “not chasing the dream 100%” or not being “all in”. There are girls who don’t want D1 for many reasons. My daughter is not looking D1 for a few reasons:
1) she wants a small school. She attends a very small school district and feels more comfortable in a smaller environment which is more personal
2) she wants softball to be a big part of her college life but not her WHOLE (exaggerating a bit) life.
3) her desired major and career plans. Most D1 programs (and many other schools as well) don’t work for an athlete pursuing that course.

She is putting her education and overall college experience first but that doesn’t mean she is not chasing the dream 100%. Whose dream are we talking about? Is only 1 sort of dream considered valid????

We are currently going through the tryout process and have ruled out certain orgs/teams that she may or may not have made because their emphasis is all D1 commits. That’s great for those girls that want that. But I also think those orgs might be missing out on some quality softball players by making them feel “less than” if they are not pursuing a D1 scholarship. Passing by some of the best talent because it’s all about that D1

I do agree that certain events aren’t “necessary” if you’re not looking for D1 out of state. Another reason we don’t look at certain teams. No need to spend that money in our opinion. But maybe another family has the $$ and the desire to play those events and travel extensively, but still look at, say, D2 schools. I wonder if some organizations “look down” on those girls/families because they’re not helping the org/team/coach build THEIR resume. And that’s sad to me- it’s about the girls and their dreams. Whatever those might be.

sftball follower

Reaction score
I didn't think college coaches could make "official" offer until beginning of Junior year? I could be wrong, definitely won't be first or last time.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
It seems sad to me that a girl not pursuing D1 would be considered “not chasing the dream 100%” or not being “all in”. There are girls who don’t want D1 for many reasons. My daughter is not looking D1 for a few reasons:
1) she wants a small school. She attends a very small school district and feels more comfortable in a smaller environment which is more personal
2) she wants softball to be a big part of her college life but not her WHOLE (exaggerating a bit) life.
3) her desired major and career plans. Most D1 programs (and many other schools as well) don’t work for an athlete pursuing that course.

Pitchermom,

I would encourage you to go back and read the entirety of this thread. I did not write that "a girl not pursuing D1 would be considered “not chasing the dream 100%” or not being “all in”. I responded to a statement that said "Of course D1 might be most girls dreams, I get it. My question is how many of those actually stick and stay at D1 and get money for school and get playing time?" My response was that if a girl has D1 aspirations and dreams to play at that level then she should chase that goal and not look back. There are many kids who do not set D1 as their goal which is perfectly fine. That is why I wrote "any of those opportunities (including D3) are great if it's the right fit for you" in the last post.

Also, it is interesting that you wrote items 1-3 because as someone who has been through this, that was not my experience at all. As my oldest daughter is preparing to start her first day of Vet School at the University of Illinois, she owes a debt of gratitude to both her undergraduate program and her softball team. She had the goal of playing college softball, going to a small school and getting into vet school when she graduated. She attended Detroit Mercy which was a very small school. She played division 1 softball in the Horizon league which by no means took up her "whole" life and her team was very accommodating to her academic needs.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that if you make sound decisions based on good information things tend to work out with minimal regret. So many people will tell you why you shouldn't do this or that with your life but it's not always the best advice. If your daughter does not want to play D1 softball then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. BUT, if your daughter's only reason for not wanting to play D1 softball is because she thinks she cant go to a smaller school that will allow her to focus on her academics and still have a social life then that would be a shame because those programs do exist.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
I didn't think college coaches could make "official" offer until beginning of Junior year? I could be wrong, definitely won't be first or last time.
Depends on what your definition of "official" is. Starting this spring the NCAA rule changed so that D1 schools cannot make verbal offers or contact prospects until 9/1 of their junior year. BUT, most would say that a verbal offer is not "official" since both parties can de-commit. There is nothing that has changed regarding verbals made to girls before their junior year and before the NCAA rule change.

Reaction score
For many girls, we are the ONLY Ohio based travel option as they otherwise cannot get in front of the programs they want to play for on a consistent basis.

Lot of good points, Tom, but the above drop in is where it is taken too far and people take exception. Outlaws are, in fact, NOT the ONLY Ohio based travel option that consistently put girls on the stages you mention. The Hawks and Lasers at a minimum do so just as consistently as the Outlaws. Also some teams select teams in other orgs compete at this level as well. It's just like the first post of this topic that was called out and then edited. Simply saying "top 5" didn't make it true. In your post, saying "ONLY Ohio based travel option" likewise does not make it true. When you are good, as your team and org objectively are, embellishment is unnecessary and unbecoming.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
I wonder if some organizations “look down” on those girls/families because they’re not helping the org/team/coach build THEIR resume. And that’s sad to me- it’s about the girls and their dreams. Whatever those might be.

I can say this, I am a professional with a job outside of my travel coaching responsibilities as are most of our coaches. I have ZERO aspirations to enter the coaching world outside of the Outlaws so my "personal resume" is not built by anything I do in the softball world lol. I do what I do because I love helping girls reach their dreams of playing softball at the highest level possible. If they choose to play D1-3, JUCO or NAIA I could care less as long as that is what makes them happy. This org has girls playing at all of those levels and lists them on the commit list as well as makes announcements when they commit.

Last edited:

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Lot of good points, Tom, but the above drop in is where it is taken too far and people take exception. Outlaws are, in fact, NOT the ONLY Ohio based travel option that consistently put girls on the stages you mention. The Hawks and Lasers at a minimum do so just as consistently as the Outlaws. Also some teams select teams in other orgs compete at this level as well. It's just like the first post of this topic that was called out and then edited. Simply saying "top 5" didn't make it true. In your post, saying "ONLY Ohio based travel option" likewise does not make it true. When you are good, as your team and org objectively are, embellishment is unnecessary and unbecoming.

DOD,

I said... "For many girls, we are the ONLY Ohio based travel option as they otherwise cannot get in front of the programs they want to play for on a consistent basis."

Now, you mention quality programs in our state and despite what you are trying to frame I have respect for all of them. However, there are tournaments (i.e. IDT, Demarini Invitational, etc..) that we consistently play in that other programs do not... that's just a fact. Many of the girls that come to us have done their homework, know the schools they are looking at, and realize that our schedule suits their needs the best. Again, that's a fact. If you think that the programs you have lumped in the same OH boat are getting their kids the same exposure to the same programs on a consistent basis you are severely off course. No one is embellishing and I am certainly not trying to show disrespect to any of our competing OH programs. Again, based on the player's goals, we are the only Ohio based option for them. Bandits, Chill, Strikers also play a similar schedule. Lasers, Hawks do not.

Robby-007

Reaction score
No disrespect just acknowledge that you are the best right?

tjsmize3

Reaction score
No disrespect just acknowledge that you are the best right?
Lol... I think you are on the wrong post. No one bit on the "who is the best" post. I stated what my team is about, the difference in our schedule and that I enjoy helping kids reach their goals. If you saw something on here about being the best my apologies.

Robby-007

Reaction score
Pretty sure Lasers plays just as competitive a schedule as you do. Pretty sure

Robby-007

Reaction score
For you to say that...Lasers and Hawks do not play the level of schedule that you play... Thats not true and id like to see Hawks/Lasers coaches defend their level of play.