would it bother you ...

as a parent if you got called tonight and told the dd's HS opener is tommorrow , and it wasn't on the schedule , and the game's an away game an hour from home . Not a makeup or a scrimmage . that it's a regular season game , added sunday night for monday . I like seeing the dd's games but with less than 24 hours notice I , and others can't make arrangements to be there . Am I wrong in being hacked off ?

we actually need the practice time as we have yet to spend 1 day practing outside on our own field. ?? MD

Dan, remember that as parents of HS athletes, we are not to question why, just show up to cheer at games, volunteer, and fork over money.:D

There is no way that transportation has been coordinated on a Sunday night for a Monday game.

Thats pretty screwed up. Im willing to be your not the only parent PO,d about that

Bill I'd love to to show up and cheer , not being able to is the issue. just crazy. the parents who showed up for a work day (set the bases) found out around 2pm, the rest have no idea we now have a game tommorrow. transportation may be a problem , parents drive

Sometimes in life all you can do is grin and smile
grin.gif

well heck since everyone enjoys a good laugh ---- when he said we are going up to "school A" to play i stated we very well might start out the season 0-1 , that they are pretty good he stated " I don't care if we go 0-12 til conference starts" :mad::mad::mad:

My dd was suppose to play at 6pm yesterday. She got a call at 10pm on friday nite that the game was moved to 12:30 to use phone tree to notify the team. They were to be at the bus barn at 10 am. DD was scheduled to work that morning and when that was brought to coaches attention he quoted " Well sounds like you need to get your priorities straight". That hacked me off the most! Those that know her, know her priorities are just fine! Shew I feel better now.

Dan remember the scene from 'My cousin Vinny' where the cleaners was closed for the day because "the whole store had the flu".
Close up shop early tomorrow buddy, put on the door......CLOSED FOR FLU!
:D

mine had to show up at a county-wide tornado warning (or watch, whatever) knowing they werent going to play and then cancelled just so they could drive home in the hail and storm. smart

Dan remember the scene from 'My cousin Vinny' where the cleaners was closed for the day because "the whole store had the flu".
Close up shop early tomorrow buddy, put on the door......CLOSED FOR FLU!
:D

Wait Wait Wait......Hold on for a second.....Is the game in question against Norwalk? Because if it is...its probably going to rain....problem solved.....

Joys of HS ball!Be ready to fill in the assumed practice days for re-scheduled games missed.For those with high$ pay-per-play,at least they make an attempt to get our money's worth by getting all the games in instead of just writing it off.

Wait Wait Wait......Hold on for a second.....Is the game in question against Norwalk? Because if it is...its probably going to rain....problem solved.....

Just remember you smartbutt, I am bringing my rain talents to your tournament in June! :lmao:

I need you to talk the powers to be to have the 10u and 14u both play at CYO for the Tune-up! I will buy you and K all the wings you can eat at B-dubs if you can pull that off :D

just remember you smartbutt, i am bringing my rain talents to your tournament in june! :lmao:

I need you to talk the powers to be to have the 10u and 14u both play at cyo for the tune-up! I will buy you and k all the wings you can eat at b-dubs if you can pull that off :d

done!

I cant imagine that all got orchestrated that late. Seems like lack of communication by the coach. Schedules are ususally made 2 months ago or longer so had to be an add on late. Unless your coach is a joker, give him a break trust me this spring ball stuff isnt easy to logisticate...(is that a word)?

i understand making up rain outs, cancellations etc etc . This isn't the case --the season has not started yet and so there is no makeups . This was just a " I got a call " sort of deal " . anyone who knows me knows I'm passionate about the game and playing but right is right and wrong is wrong, don't add on a game to start the season with less than 24 hours notice when the team hasn't even had a outside practice yet (we have been scrimmaging on all the nice days and had to take frid/sat off because of school committments in our Jr class and we have no seniors) so we will be playing our opener after no practice for 3 days. frustrating. MD

Really are you kidding me........so we will be playing our opener after no practice for 3 days. frustrating. MD

You have to get a grip, let your D.D. do her job and come to the next game.........:rolleyes:

there is only one 1st ever HS game for all 5 of our freshman. I'd like to be there as would the other parents. did'nt think that would be asking too much but you are entitled to your opinion. meanwhile i'll be trying to get a grip . BTW don't worry about my dd doing her job , don't even understand why you brought that up.