All Sanction World Series @ Berliner

Shane

Reaction score
The 10U Young Guns participated in the All Sanction World Series this past weekend @ Berliner Park. We had a nail biter during our first bracket play game v. the Buckeye Elite. By the way their pitcher had it going on!! But any who....I was left wondering why during bracket play (win or go home) the time allotted was reduced to 80 min. as compared to 90 min. during pool play. If you asked any coach, they would rather have it the other way around. Thoughts softball community? Also the 6 run max per any inning was a little odd.

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
Here is my educated guess:

The All Sanction World Series was started by Bill Beckham as a season ending tournament that had all the hoopla of big sanction nationals and world series...for teams that were not able to qualify for the big sanction nationals and world series. It's actually nice to see that top teams show up for the ASWS.
Bill is all about getting the girls lots playing time and fun so he set 6 runs per 1/2 inning for the 8u and 10u girls to eliminate the possibility of somebody running up the score for an hour or more. He also gives all teams 4-90 minute pool play games spread out over 2 days so that everyone can relax, enjoy themselves, and still have good length games. On bracket day it's about competition, and getting the tournament completed, so the game times need to be reduced to get the championship done at a decent hour to allow travel home.

Allan Abel

wpaguy

Reaction score
Here is my educated guess:

The All Sanction World Series was started by Bill Beckham as a season ending tournament that had all the hoopla of big sanction nationals and world series...for teams that were not able to qualify for the big sanction nationals and world series. It's actually nice to see that top teams show up for the ASWS.
Bill is all about getting the girls lots playing time and fun so he set 6 runs per 1/2 inning for the 8u and 10u girls to eliminate the possibility of somebody running up the score for an hour or more. He also gives all teams 4-90 minute pool play games spread out over 2 days so that everyone can relax, enjoy themselves, and still have good length games. On bracket day it's about competition, and getting the tournament completed, so the game times need to be reduced to get the championship done at a decent hour to allow travel home.

Allan Abel

I have been researching other options for end of the year tournaments for next year. I was not aware of this event until reading another post. Looking at options for 14u for 2017 , I was impressed on what this Tournament has to offer. "I was not exactly thrilled with USSSA , OC md" some of the things that stuck out , that USSSA did not provide : Again from what a read , seems like a nice event

1. Camp / Clinic
2 Skills competition for teams and individuals
3. 1 park for all teams .
4. 2 brackets after pool play
5. Much lower gate fee , than USSSA

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
I have been researching other options for end of the year tournaments for next year. I was not aware of this event until reading another post. Looking at options for 14u for 2017 , I was impressed on what this Tournament has to offer. "I was not exactly thrilled with USSSA , OC md" some of the things that stuck out , that USSSA did not provide : Again from what a read , seems like a nice event

1. Camp / Clinic
2 Skills competition for teams and individuals
3. 1 park for all teams .
4. 2 brackets after pool play
5. Much lower gate fee , than USSSA

Well worth it!