When and where did your daughter hit her first career home run?

WeAskYou

Reaction score
When and where did your daughter hit her first career home run?

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Madi hit her first over the fence HR at ASA Eastern's vs NY Rebels at 12u in 2014. She ended up with 2 more inside the park and a few other huge hits that weekend.

She was in the zone and also won a couple games pitching as well.

b lesh

Reaction score
Shady Lane park N, Ridgeville. It was the second of back to back homers that tied the game in the bottom of the 7th that we won in the 8th. I'll never forget it.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Funny story.

It was in the fall at something or another at pickerington central, I go and get the ball. When I get back to where the other parents were I say "I wouldn't bother keeping this thing but it's her 1st one."

Heads snapped around and their faces look like they just smelled poop. One of them says:

"That's her 1st home run?? Ever?!?!"

Yap...

They kind of acted like their kids went yard ever few at bats.

After the game she told me about what happened when she told the girls that was her 1st one and we both laughed about it. She said "They all acted like they hit 250' bombs all the time..."

That was the only homerun the entire team had through 4 or so tournaments they played that fall.... :cool:

MCS21

Reaction score
A couple years ago at the 14u NSA World Series in Spartanburg, SC. 1st game of pool play we are down to a team from Delaware 1-0 and the whole team just seemed dead. Haylie gets up and hits a 2-0 pitch over the left field fence to tie it up 1-1. I remember the girls huddling around home plate and when Haylie jumped on top of home after her trot around the bases the girls all jumped backwards and fell like a bomb exploded. Pretty cool! We ended up scoring 4 more runs that inning and won 7-2 and eventually took 5th place at Nationals.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
What is this thing you speak of? Home Run???

Finding the grass was that equivalent for my three..... Sneaky bunts 90% of their careers....

Reaction score
2 years ago 14u at All Sanctioned World Series at Berliner on an 0-2 pitch. It was a great day :)

longball00

Reaction score
Riley was 9 years old and we were playing at Todd Field in a Willoughby Starzz tournament. She had just left the Starzz and was playing with Explosive, and I was the new coach. I was coaching 3rd base, and the wind must have picked up and blew dirt in my eyes, because for some reason they started to water LOL! She will be 15 in a few days, and we still have the bat and the ball!

OHsoftball

Reaction score
She was 10 years old, playing up on a 12U team. Areas best pitcher at the time would blow it past everyone. I was at work :( but got a phone call right after it happened...coach said it cleared the fence easily. I haven't missed another game (or homerun) since!

Last edited:

Mykidcanplay

Reaction score
I'll never forget that day- we were at Dayton Metro playing against Ohio Hawks. My DD was 13, brand new Xeno and on a 1-2 pitch she hit a rise ball over the 300' fence! After that season ended the Hawks coach reached out to my DD and offered her a position on his team. Funny thing about that was the prior summer she went to his tryouts and never got an offer.

SOSoftball

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts but it was in 8u on a 150' field and it went over the center field fence. Never seen a bigger smile on an 8 year old in my life. She is 13 now and we are still waiting on another one.

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
My DD hit her 1st over fence HR against as a 14 year old against my friend's team last June in the 16u semi's at the Preseason Classic in Maumee, OH. I was on a different quad getting the team I coached ready to start the 10u championship game. Unfortunately I missed it, but I got a number of texts from friends on both teams and my wife before she made it around the bases. Several good friends even ran over to tell me about it in detail and I did get to see it on another parent's video.

It's amazing that in that one moment so many friends shared the joy even though some of them were on the team that gave up the HR. I like to think that means my daughter and our family are making a positive impact on the softball world.

crystlemc

Reaction score
Shady Lane park N, Ridgeville. It was the second of back to back homers that tied the game in the bottom of the 7th that we won in the 8th. I'll never forget it.

That was a great game!

Maggie's first was 13u at Maple Leaf East in the apple orchard. 2013?

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Celine Wyatt Memorial 14U - She clanged about a Dozen off the high fences in middle school ball before that, just couldn't elevate the line drive over those 10' fences - Wyatt had the 4' Plastic fence - She could elevate that -

Last edited:

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
gabby.jpg gabby.jpg

Her first one that counted was during the 11U USSSA World Series played at Expressway park when she played for the HEAT...We still have the ball and the bat.

World Series 2006 323.jpg

Most memorable HR for me was her first at bat during freshman year on varsity vs. Oak Hills and her last High School game in the first inning of the 2013 D1 OHSAA senior all star game played at Mason High school.

The Mason coach had her batting second so after the lead off got on by HPB my DD asked if she wanted her to bunt her over...She said no just hit it over the fence, two pitches later over the flag pole in left center it goes off a lady from Piqua HS...She just missed hitting two in that game as a strong wind held up her second drive and the CF was able to track it down at the fence in right center. I will try to post the video from Waycross ICRC if I can find it. Great game.

http://www.mikensports.com/koalition/profile.php?id=442

DDs first HR vs. a college team at 16U in the fall Vernon Bibb Classic

[video=youtube;hk40JXZUuPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk40JXZUuPA[/video]

Last edited:

wow

Reaction score
it was a Grand slam as 12u Playing 14U at the West Virginia showdowns... We still lost the game by one run!

dogsdad

Reaction score
Youngest DD batted in the 4th spot through 4 years of high school and 3 years with Lasers. On the final day of her playing career we were in Las Vegas at 18U AS A nationals. First game on Friday she hit one over. When I made the comment that was her first ever I got some looks of disbelief from parents that had watched her for those three years. Eliminated later that day, she chose not to play in college.