Where are they now? you insert the name

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
We've had a lot of great players, Coaches, (TD'S), programs and organizations over the years. That you really don't hear anything about any more. Either they have retire or are no longer involved in softball any more.

I was sitting here today and saying to myself what ever happen to (Fill in Name). Something similar to (where are they now.)?

So I thought it would be kind of fun to post information about a person and ask the cummunity, Were are they now?

Way back in the late 90's if you would have read any Canton or Akron newspaper your may have read the following headines

Katie Chain, Hoover softball broke through in 1998-99 winning back to back Division 1 state titles.

The last time I hear anything about Katie Chain was that she was Coaching High School Softball.

So my Were are they now? Katie Chain.

If you have a Were are they now please post what info you have and see if the Community can bring us up-to-date on that person, td's or organization.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Were are they now?

Phoenix fastpitch, from Lancaster, Ohio I believe the founder of the organization was Rich Voge or something close to that.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I'll be the one to do it for the old-timers here.

Where are they now, King of the helicopter field drying-Tim Cleaver, The Ohio Quakerman.

This might get R rated, so cover your kids ears!

I have been on OFC/Softball Zone to remember a few good ones.

The Diceman - his name used to always be in red where he was in OFC jail for telling it like it was.

And one nearest to me, NSA. At one time when I started with them, they practically owned Ohio. Then one fateful day in Tealtown about 10-11 years ago set their doom in motion.......

Mark1951mazak

Reaction score
Katie Chain-Miller is my daughter’s pitching coach. She does a wonderful job with her, my daughter absolutely loves her.
We've had a lot of great players, Coaches, (TD'S), programs and organizations over the years. That you really don't hear anything about any more. Either they have retire or are no longer involved in softball any more.

I was sitting here today and saying to myself what ever happen to (Fill in Name). Something similar to (where are they now.)?

So I thought it would be kind of fun to post information about a person and ask the cummunity, Were are they now?

Way back in the late 90's if you would have read any Canton or Akron newspaper your may have read the following headines

Katie Chain, Hoover softball broke through in 1998-99 winning back to back Division 1 state titles.

The last time I hear anything about Katie Chain was that she was Coaching High School Softball.

So my Were are they now? Katie Chain.

If you have a Were are they now please post what info you have and see if the Community can bring us up-to-date on that person, td's or organization.

JoeA1010

Reaction score
Katie is in the central Ohio area, giving lessons, as the above poster indicated. She is married with kids and doing well for herself! The guys Mike mentions are classic here. NSA had a really bad day in Tealtown, but I maintain its demise was in the making before Tealtown, and Tealtown blew the lid off of things.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Katie is in the central Ohio area, giving lessons, as the above poster indicated. She is married with kids and doing well for herself! The guys Mike mentions are classic here. NSA had a really bad day in Tealtown, but I maintain its demise was in the making before Tealtown, and Tealtown blew the lid off of things.

Thanks Joe for the update on Katie.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com

I don't doubt that Tealtown was the catalyst to sink an already sinking ship. The stuff like making Spano Dome tournaments in the winter count as Northern States while making everyone else play at Tealtown to keep berths used to put me in tough spots. Teams would want to play those World Series at Berliner but get handcuffed by that "rule".

However I never anticipated leaving them and having NSA just completely vanish from the state. They still draw in other states but the group as a whole has went almost extinct across the country.

I still have fond memories of the family atmosphere we used to have amongst the directors. It was like leaving your family for good when I resigned but it was time to move on.

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
My “where are they now” was Mike Craig...until I ran into him at a game tonight! :D