drills

1. B

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Hitting tip

Here is a short video clip on a hitting technique that I feel looked pretty solid...
  2. Rerun

What’s your typical practice like?

If I was attending one of your practices what would I expect to happen as a player?
  3. Chelsea Raker

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Elite Cincinnati Hitting Instructor (Experienced)

Hi everyone! I have decided to move forward in expanding my private hitting lessons. I just made a Facebook page for it, Chelsea’s Private Softball Instruction (@chelseasprivatesoftballinstruction). I am located within the Cinci area. I was an All Conference Award Winner during my Softball...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Conditioning, eye on the ball, coordination, soft hands

Three Player Weave (conditioning, eye on the ball, coordination, soft hands) Sart on an endline of the basketball gym floor with three across. Explain that this drill takes a lot of coordination and teamwork. Using a safety softball (no gloves) each player is to run the floor weaving in and out...
  5. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Questions, anyone have drills for communication

Anyone have any drill(s) to get your Girls Softball team working on Communication/talk ?
  6. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Ultimate Softball

Our team played "Ultimate Softball" at some recent practices. We had teams of 3 play against another squad of 3 on a basketball court. Using "Ultimate Frisbee" rules, a team would have to advance the ball to the opposite endline by a series of throws and successful catches. We set tight rules...
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Game of horse for softball

Team Game: Horse for Softball Place three balls Four feet apart down the 3rd base line. Place a runner from "Team A" on 3rd base Place fielders on 3rd base and 2nd base "Team B" "Team A" runner must reach 2nd base before the fielder fields and throws all 3 balls to the fielder at second base...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Don't forget to work on throwing

Players form two lines facing each other about 15 - 20 feet apart. The coach flips a ball to the first player. That player throws to the player across from her. That player immediately throws the ball to the next player in line across from her. This continues until the catcher receives the ball...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Gets her in shape and be alert the whole time.

My Coach this year taught our team this drill. You have to divide your team up into 3 groups. The first group stands between first base and second base. The second group stands at short stop. The third groupstands at home plate. A coach and the catcher stand a little to the side of the plate...
  10. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fine tune her throwing form

In watching warm ups and in particular, throwing warm ups, the main problem I spotted in players trying to make the team was their throwing motion. Granted, some of the players had been taught the correct form for throwing the ball, but a lot had absolutely horrid form. Here are a few drills to...
  11. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Conditioning and control training

THROWING: TARGET PRACTICE GAME This drill is for conditioning and control. Player set-up A catcher stands between first and second base with a discard bucket. The rest of the team stands between third base and home with gloves. Ball set-up Place three balls on the first baseline, spacing them...
  12. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Mechanics of proper throwing techniques, using certain isolation training

This throwing drill is used for warm ups and is done is a series. It allows the players to focus on the "mechanics" of proper throwing techniques, using certain isolation drills. 1.) Indian style: have the players start approx. 10-12 yards from their partners sitting indian style. By throwing...
  13. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Make three good throws from third base

THROWING: 3-2-RUN GAME I got this game from the ohio fastpitch connectuon website. If anyone knows whose it is, I will gladly give them credit. It is a game we use almost every week. Place 3 balls on the ground evenly spaced, about 3/4 of the way from third base to home. The fielding team has...
  14. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Improve throwing accuracy and footwork in the infeild

THROWING: HIT THE BUCKET GAME To improve throwing accuracy and footwork in the infeild, I like to divide my team in two groups. Half are positioned at short stop and the other half are positioned at second base. We mark off a starting point that the girls must stay behind until a ground ball is...
  15. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders team competition practice

FIELDING: THAT GAME DRILL We have called this drill "that game" because my daughter and I don't have a name for it. You split your team into 3 teams it works well with 12 players and 2 coaches. One team goes to the outfield, one team playes the infield and the other team is up to bat. One coach...
  16. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Infielder's learning to get rid of the ball quickly

FIELDING: STAR DRILL GAME This is a drill that I think we all have used, it just slipped my mind when I was doing this site. Thanks to Scott Otto for bringing it to my attention!! You get your infielder's at their position (except the pitcher). The ball starts at the catcher, she throws to the...
  17. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Drill for the outfielders

FIELDING: STAR DRILL My name is Kate Earnest and I play for Galloway High School. I attended a fastpitch camp this summer and one of the drills that we learned was the star drill for the outfielders. The fielder stands about 20 yards away from the thrower. The fielder runs to the right and...
  18. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Improve the mental aspect of your fielding skills

FIELDING: SITUATIONS DRILL One drill that our coaches use with us is where the infield takes their positions and the coach makes up situations for us. Like...A runner on 1st and 2nd...2 outs...and then she hits the ball to us making us like its a real situation and we have to figure out what to...
  19. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Work on three skills and keeps 10 players busy.

Quick Play - Drill Work on three skills and keeps 10 players busy. Hands and Eyes Coordination. Fielding Technique, Throwing, Thrown ball and receiving Thrown ball.
  20. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Relay throwing the ball

FIELDING: RELAY THROW DRILL Have the players line up in a line stretching to the outfield. Have the first player throw the ball to the glove side of the second player in the line. Do the same for the rest of the players. This teaches the proper location for the relay throw and also teaches...