rule

1. C

Curious question on age/birth certs

Just curious - we all have been to tournaments where players seem to look so mature for their age. I have seen a single girl on a team who dwarfs the others, and entire teams that look like college students playing U12. Of course girls all grow and mature differently. So just wondering - does...
  2. D

OHSAA rules for college camp participation

What is the OHSAA rule for participating in a college camp during the softball season? I've read the rule/regulation book, but didnt find any reference. My junior daughter wants to participate in camp at end of February for university that's heavily recruiting her. Coach says no camps after...
  3. O

Obstruction?

Bret man.... and others? This question came upon another site. Most people were split as to whether score R1 or send R1 back to 3rd? Obstruction question. R1 at 3rd and R2 at 1st. No outs. Batter hits ground ball to the infield. R2 is put out at 2nd on a force play but was obstructed by F4...
  4. B

Double Runners??

Saw something new this past weekend at a tournament. Bases loaded, batter walks. The girl at third stays out until the runner from second gets to third, then they both run home, practically touching each other. If a throw is made home to get the second runner, would the first runner be...
  5. L

Runner Hit With a Thrown Ball: When Is That an Out?

I was watching a college came awhile ago, and an interesting play manifested: Slapper lays down a drag bunt. She comes out of the front of the box (as slappers do) and is taking a direct/angled path to first base, so she is in fair territory running towards foul territory. Catcher fields the...
  6. stealing_home

Required to stay in batter?s box

I was in a tourney this past weekend and nothing was said the entire weekend. During the last game of the weekend they tried to impose the requirement of one foot in the batter?s box (exactly like MLB?s new rule to speed up the game). Just curious if anyone else has ran into this yet. We...