4Cincy Doom - 9542
5Akron Sapphires40
6Valley Extreme (Kieser)38
7Ohio Dragons '9434
8Maddogs24
9Chain Reaction14
10EMR 10

Others receiving votes
Lasers - Silver (9), ICE (7), HOO Explosion (7), Buckeye Heat '94 (4), Ohio Classics (3), RoadRunners (OH) (2), Lady Irish Gold (1), Dublin Storm (1),

I watched a rec team called High Voltage beat Heart of Ohio Explosion(is that HOO Explosion)10-8 and got beat 3-2 in 8 innings and beat Roadrunners 12-1. That must make them a pretty good team.

How (where) do you vote for this stuff? Didn't Chain Reaction shut out VE Kiser 5-0 this past weekend and barely lose to the Sapphires?

ringer can answer that questions, coachjeff...the various coaches and other members who vote send their top 10 to ringer, simple as that

got to view the whole body of work guys. Not saying anything bad about any team , but in a long weekend of playing sometimes team A throws their # 3 or 4 arm in a pool play game against team B and loses a game it would normally win. The poll should be about who you beat --not played close or almost beat or were competitive with. I ask because I don't know -- has chain reaction beaten any other top ten team ? maybe they have several quality wins , I don't even vote --just curious . MD

I wish more coaches would vote. It's probably difficult to get an accurate picture with only 8 people voting. I'm just guessing that's how the polls work since there are 8 first place votes.

Thats a good question? Ringer, can you tell us how many people are actually voting? Just curious...........

Yep, only 8 voters this week for 14U. However, there are probably 20 different coaches who have voted at some point in the past. Some coaches forget to vote one week and then some vote every other week, etc. I will say that for the most part the coaches that do vote are a collection of who's who of the multi team organizations.

Personally, I chose not voted until I've seen more teams play or to track results of those I do not personally see. Some teams just started playing last week. I could have voted on just reputation but that would not be fair to many teams. The proof is in the pudding....

Next week, I will begin sending in my observations.

Since I coach 16U, I don't vote. I have watched 12 of the above play, It is somewhat close. Like Johnnies stated, some are ranked a little high on reputation and it will work out as they play each other. Go back thru the earlier polls and you can see how the teams have changed , after they played each other. I'm sure coaches see how teams they know play in other tourneys against the above ranked teams. That gives you an idea where they stand. Some teams may only have one dominate pitcher as posted by Dan. So they beat a good team , but then you wonder how they lost to XYZ Team. So you vote on how they will do in a tourney , not in one game.

It's great to move up and not play that weekend!! We should take a couple more weekends off!!:yahoo::lmao:

I didn't vote this weekend because frankly I didn't have the time to try to figure out who beat who. If this is ever going to be more than just a name recognition exercise, we need to have a place where all teams that want to be considered can post their overall record and what happened with them the weekend preceding the vote, including who you beat and who beat you. We'd have to have a gentlepersons' agreement that posting this information does not mean you are being overly aggressive, are in the sport for yourself rather than the girls, or are behaving in any unseemly fashion.

Facts are what I'm looking for and it's *&!%&! difficult to find them some weekends.

^^^ I'm pretty sure all the top ten teams played this past weekend.

BTW...which top 15 teams are playing in the 14U ASA State tournament in Defiance this weekend?

Coach Jeff, the Sapphires made a move up with there Championship this past weekend and Chain Reaction cracked the top ten for the first time with there win over VE-Kieser, and VE-Keiser fell several spots. If said teams want to continue to move up then they will have to play a schedule where they play teams such as Lasers Red, Cincy Doom 95, Ohio Dragons, Ohio Wave ect. Slammers are on a whole differnt mission...lol. Also teams such as Ohio Wave, Cincy Doom and Ohio Draggons must continue to play in top tournaments against the top teams or they will fall, regardless if they go 6-0 and win tournaments.

Bottom line and JMHO...you have to travel to play the top competition and not stay in your back yard if you want to be in the top ten. For example, you can't play Beavercreek in the South or the Steel Valley in the North every weekend and expect to stay near the top.

Good idea. Even if we could get the overall record posted with the team name, it would add to the poll. It does take some effort to search 14U results to see who did what . Sometimes you have to go to a teams website to see overall records.

I'm not coaching 14u, but I would like to see all age groups post their results (i.e. scores) more regularly than this past weekend. It's much easier to then see who is doing what, where.

Best way is head to head. I'm sure that when any good team plays another they are both throwing the best they have to offer, and starting the best line-up that they have.

I'll throw this out there just to let people know whats up with the 13u rays caton --we were recieved a few votes early in the year before everything really got rolling but this is who we have played - Slammers , cinci doom 95 twice, oh Roadrunners, Pa Roadrunners , Pitts power older 14u's , HOO Explosion , and the Ice. I threw in the 2 pa teams because they would be worthy of top ten type consideration if they were ohio teams. Thats 8 games against above average competition . sad part is we lost those 8 . lost a tight one to lasers gold also. thats 9 . guess we can't be accused of ducking anyone. We have beat some good teams but none in the top ten yet. if you want credit list who you beat.

posting scores every weekend so everyone stays informed does help . sometimes scores are hard to find. MD

I wish tournament directors would take the time to post scores in bracket play and also leave up pool play results until the tournament is over, so that people that are willing to post scores can do so. Many directors do some of these things, but many don't. Yes it takes effort to get scores, but people do appreciate it.

The problems with teams posting score is that not all teams will take the time to do that. Without complete data - it is hard to guage the overall tornament and perfomance. This will have to be done by the TD. I would think that this will generate future interest in their tournament if they showed they cared enogh to provide all data.

Johnnies:

I don't disagree that complete tournament results, on a game by game basis, might be the best data for the poll voters. But I'm be more than satisfied if teams in the mix for the top ten will tell us who they beat and who they lost to (including the scores). In fact, that could probably save me a little time over going through the entire draw results for every 14U tournament held in Ohio on any given weekend.