3Akron Sapphires77
5Valley Extreme (Kiser)60
6Lasers - Silver47
7Ohio Wave (Rosinski) 39
8Maddogs28
9Ohio ICE20
10Ohio Dragons '9415

Others receiving votes
HOO Explosion (11), Buckeye Heat '94 (6), Blast (Dennison) (4), Explosion Fastpitch (3), Stingrays (Steel) (2), Ashland Blaze (1), Chain Reaction (1),

OK now I'm convinced those voting do not check scores. Look at the scores at Gapss.
One team not in the top 10, beat 3 teams listed ahead of them. ? I do agree with the top 4, from being at Gapss and watching treams play at the Sting Rays.
Laser Red should get all first place votes, since the beat the Slammers twice.

.http://www.gapss.org/ Check out the scores.

SCORES FROM WEBSITE

Heart of Ohio Rush v Lady Lasers Gold 5-6
Buckeye Heat 95 v HOO Explosion 3-2
Lady Lasers Gold v Cincy Static Black 8-1
HOO Explosion v Maddogs 5-4
Heart of Ohio Rush v Cincy Static Black 3-6
Cincy Doom 95 v Ohio Wave Rosinski 2-1
Ohio Wave Rosinski v MC Madness Red 8-2
Cincy Doom 95 v MC Madness Red 8-5
CO Stampede v Ohio Stingrays Caton 0-8
Turbos v Buckeye Heat 94 0-5
Ohio Stingrays Caton v Ohio Ice Silver 1-2
Buckeye Heat 94 v Cincy Static 95 4-1
CO Stampede v Ohio Ice Silver 0-3
Buckeye Heat 95 v Maddogs 3-4
Turbos v Cincy Static 95 2-5
The Hawks v Ohio Stingrays Steele 0-14
Ohio Stingrays Steele v Flamin Fury 3-5
The Hawks v Flamin Fury 0-16
Ohio Lady Pumas v EMR Softball Club 5-6
EMR Softball Club v Lady Lasers Silver 1-0
Ohio Lady Pumas v Lady Lasers Silver 3-5

You can look at past results and see the Bracket Play on the same web site. I think the point is, those that are ranked higher than those they lost to! The Ringer puts time and effort into these polls. To Bad only 11 coaches voted and it would appear they didn't put much effort into the vote process. I vote and I'm a 16U coach with no dog above.
So only 10 other coaches voted. I know I should have voted for the Buckeye Heat 95 ,13U team after looking at recent scores.

Yeah pretty funny. HOH Explosion beat Ohio Dragons twice this past weekend. They also beat the Maddogs at GAPPS.

You can look at past results and see the Bracket Play on the same web site. I think the point is, those that are ranked higher than those they lost to! The Ringer puts time and effort into these polls. To Bad only 11 coaches voted and it would appear they didn't put much effort into the vote process. I vote and I'm a 16U coach with no dog above.
So only 10 other coaches voted. I know I should have voted for the Buckeye Heat 95 ,13U team after looking at recent scores.

Why get so worked up. These are only the opinions of a handful of coaches. Maybe they actually played some of these teams and know how tough they really are. Its an over reaction to say that any one of these teams is handsdown any better then the other. On any given day as they say.

That is why I can disagree. You are right opinions only, since some on the list couldn't hold a candle to others on this same list. You know it was a coach on that team that voted for them.

That is why I can disagree. You are right opinions only, since some on the list couldn't hold a candle to others on this same list. You know it was a coach on that team that voted for them.

No, I don't know who or what coach voted for themselves or not. Furthermore, I could really care less. This is just a nice little way to show some teams some love. Making more out of it then that is silly.

Not sure why exactly, but it does seem easier to sort out the very top few, than it does the next 8-15. Probably just more chatter "from" them, and "about" them from all OFC'ers?

It does seem like the next 4-6 after the top couple is very fluid week to week. and the next 5-6 after that even moreso? It is fun to learn about all of them, and even the debates here illuminate a little more also. As long as it stays friendly, I think it is "good".

If this poll thing catches on, seems useful in various ways and continues, maybe more & more coaches will vote and validity & utility will grow?

The challenge at some point for the Ringer may evolve to limiting ballot box stuffing for those that take it "too" seriously. Sure the big Org's and well know teams get the benefit of the doubt, just like college football polls. But when Goliath gets knocked off by Davey, the news should make an impact. It will happen more & more as awareness and sophistication grows (theoretically?).

I still think it looks close to accurate. I would say we're splitting pea's at some point.

Its more fun then anything of course. In reality many of these top 10 teams can play right along with the others. When some of these teams meet only once during the season it is real hard to judge if it was both teams best effort. For example lets say that two of them meet in the losers bracket and for one of them it is their first losers bracket game and for the other it is their 3rd of the day. Well most likely the team playing their 3rd of the day will not have the number 1 at full strength. This is just an example. For the most part it is fun and entertaining but anyone who takes it more serious then that needs to check their jock strap at the door.

Is Blast Dennison the Ohio Blast that was in Orville? I didnt see them but some "Blast" team went 0-4. The Ashland Blaze went 4-1 losing in the quarterfinal. If true...seems Blaze should be ahead of Blast