Discussion in 'Coaches Polls' started by bafpdad, Jan 31, 2013.
Nitro won the Scenic City Showcase 14U
I actually think they won the 16u division. Friend of ours DD plays for them and the pic she had on facebook with a banner "The country's first exclusively 16u Showcase Tournament and Skills Combine".
Nitro won the 14u At senic city. Congrats to them! here is the bracket http://www.sceniccity16s.com/14U_Sunday_Bracket.pdf
My bad. I was just going by what the banner pic said but reading it again I guess it doesn't say if there was more than 1 division.
Heart of Ohio Nitro is at the top! Little sis Rebels are coming on strong also. :yahoo:
It's been a while and it appears most seasons have come to an end. The 14U age group was pretty competetive this year with a few surprises. The heavy hitters remained on top with fine showings in their respective national tournaments. I'm going to do 1 parent poll based on the following tournaments I attended: Dayton Metro, ASA State, Stingrays, GAPSS, Orrville and Lasers. Again, this is purely one man's opinion and not to be taken too seriously:
1. HOH Nitro - tough draw at ASA's put them in the loser's bracket early but you can't deny the success they had this year
2. Ohio Classics 98 - probably one of the most consistent ball clubs week in and week out
3. Lasers Gray - strong showing at ASA's propelled them into a top 3 club and could beat either of the top 2 if they are on their game
4. Lasers Purple - the future for this team is up in the air but for a 99 team they certainly know how to play the game
5. Static 98 - interesting mix of speead and power with probably one of the best lead off hittters in the 98's
6. Ohio Hawks Kepple - another one of the 99's that will make some noise in the near future. Rumors about where they will land next year (Lasers) have been swirling
7. Cincy Doom 98 - another high caliber squad put together by Rob Wear. Pitching needs improvement but scoring runs doesn't appear to be an issue
8. Classics 99 - OC's continue to groom the off year teams for competition when they become 2nd years. Great coaching (as usual) should have this team near the top of 14u next season
9. Wildcats Fastpitch - Lagrange is known for putting together locally grown club teams. This appears to be a possible Tidalwaves 94 in the making but they need to bolster the schedule and play more high profile tournaments to solidify their status
10. Wizards Elite Colyer - This team travels to the best tournaments available. Shoring up their outfield should only help their strong pitching staff. This team has one of the best coaching staffs in NWO
Feel free to reply back with your opinions. I'm sure I missed a team or two.
I will say that I didn't put Lasers Red on the board because I didn't get to see them play. I'm sure they are good but I don't have any experience with this year's squad.
Thanks for the info on the 14's !
I would say that is very accurate.
Any know if any of these teams mentioned will be at the Kent State Team/Camp next weekend? Haven't seen a list posted on Kent State's site.
Separate names with a comma.