Catching and Catchers discussion Catchers gear recommendation please

Since we are rained out tonight I figured I would get some homework done. My catchers parents are looking for some new gear. She is 10U and looking for something in team colors, orange and black, protective and durable. She works hard, is not afraid to get dirty and dives around a lot. Like most we are trying not to break the bank, but we do need durability. So, fire away OFC. :)

last time was at dicks sporting goods seen complete set for youth i think about 139.00 stop at front desk tell them u need team coupon packet. may have to say your a coach.u can get like $10 or $25 0ff..on the colors most r black.......but to get blue/red u have to buy things all seperate..keep in mind by age 12/14 need larger set..and they wear out in 2 seasons anyway..air brush your catchers helmet for uniform match...on dicks site ad
adidas 139..wilson 119..complete sets..jmo..i like the hockey style mask better the youth set has a different style mask..

Try online Baseball savings . com really nice prices and there are several different colors. thats where we got daughters gear.

When looking for particular color schemes, the price tends to go up. If you must have an orange and black youth catcher set I would look at Diamond catchers gear but it might be a special order. They might want to go with something like an all black set from Easton. The cheaper sets are the Black Magic Series and the Natural Series and are plenty protective enough for the younger ages. You can probably get a Natural Series set for under $150 and the Black Magic series even cheaper.

Len

Catcher's gear will scare some people to think it is a major investment until they actually go price the stuff. You can get everything without the mitt for less than a quality bat. I use softballjunk.com or softballsales.com for Internet purchases as their pricing is normally competitive and delivery is normally 3-5 days.

Thanks for the responses guys and gals. I'm going to pass this information on. I did see some nice sets on softball sales and softball junk. I think going all black at this age may be a better idea. We'll see what they think.