Do you have what it takes to be a USSSA All-American?

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
USSSA_AAG_2018_v11182.png

Do you have what it takes to be a USSSA Futures All-American? USSSA - Futures All-American tryouts for 2018 have been posted.

USSSA/USA Elite Select is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Futures All-American Program (which includes the Futures All-American Tryouts and the Futures All-American Game). The country has been divided into eight regions and we will be selecting the top 26 players (13 girls on each team, two teams in each age group) to represent their respective region. We are excited to introduce a 9U age division to this program. For 2018 only one 9U team in each of the eight regions will be selected to participate in the Futures All-American Games. Players who are selected to their regional teams will then compete against the other regional teams in the 4th Annual Futures All-American Games being held in Viera, Fl July 29th - August 4th, 2018.

Follow this link for more details on this exciting program with USSSA: 2018 USSSA All-American Games

AAG2018.jpg

First2Third

Reaction score
1. This isn't the first year for 9u. They had it last year.
2. No love for Ohio even with all the recent USSSA love emanating from here. Could be worse--we could be in Nevada.
3. Doubt there will be nearly as much interest in this as there was in past since they've moved it away from Disney/Universal.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I copied the print from last year so I missed on the first year for 9u.

I tried to help out with USSSA placing it at Bo Jackson Elite Sports in Hilliard since we got rained out last spring outdoors, but our national program coordinator thought the cost for the rental on a Friday night in February at the site was a little too steep even for our blood. I get it, BJES is in business to rent the facility and they won't have a problem filling the space.

I don't know what to say on Disney. The story we keep hearing is they are going to tear out the ball fields anyway in another year to build a huge indoor complex due to the real moneymaker they have there which is cheer leading. They host several different national caliber cheer leading events there and routinely get a couple hundred groups there every time.

Quite honestly, the Space Coast Complex is one of the best facilities in the country. I can say that being biased but also from seeing others like Grand Park and Crown Point in Indiana and Sports Force in Sandusky, Slugger Complex in Peoria, IL, and Tyger River Park in Spartanburg, SC. Space Coast Complex is right there with them and when I toured it, they were not even close to being completed.

USSSA Space Coast Complex info: USSSA Space Coast Complex

I do appreciate your concern about the program. If you have any ideas on how to improve it, please feel free to contact me at the numbers or email in my tagline.