Life is good afterall

BouldersDad

Reaction score
I had a bit of an eye opener today. As I was setting and thinking this will be the first time in 4 years I will not be spending my fall traveling to see my daughter play softball in college and feeling a little ( ok a lot ) pi$$ed off her senior season was ruined by a hand injury.

They offered her a coaching position on the team for her 5th year. A student assistant coach. Well I thought ok, the money didn't change from last season ( as a matter of fact they increased it ) and even if it is just a Honorary position It would be ok as long as she gets her degree and is happy with her life.

She sends me a text that all thru the week she has been doing hitting instruction with Coach Pearsall and working with incoming freshman and I am like hey that's pretty cool.

Today I receive a text and coach pretty much says You know what your doing get em started will be there when I get there. And it hit me. My daughter who I always knew was a pretty good stick in her own right is now a hitting coach at the University of Louisville. I'm not sure of which accomplishment I am more proud of the fact that she played at that level or is teaching at that level. Either way life is pretty good

Tim

poden-smoden

Reaction score
I had a bit of an eye opener today. As I was setting and thinking this will be the first time in 4 years I will not be spending my fall traveling to see my daughter play softball in college and feeling a little ( ok a lot ) pi$$ed off her senior season was ruined by a hand injury.

They offered her a coaching position on the team for her 5th year. A student assistant coach. Well I thought ok, the money didn't change from last season ( as a matter of fact they increased it ) and even if it is just a Honorary position It would be ok as long as she gets her degree and is happy with her life.

She sends me a text that all thru the week she has been doing hitting instruction with Coach Pearsall and working with incoming freshman and I am like hey that's pretty cool.

Today I receive a text and coach pretty much says You know what your doing get em started will be there when I get there. And it hit me. My daughter who I always knew was a pretty good stick in her own right is now a hitting coach at the University of Louisville. I'm not sure of which accomplishment I am more proud of the fact that she played at that level or is teaching at that level. Either way life is pretty good

Tim

It looks as if softball might not end for you for quite some time! Maybe you can someday travel to fall tournaments WITH her while she is recruiting!! Congrats and you should be proud, life is good!

coachjwb

Reaction score
I am not surprised! Congrats to Britt, and to you and her mom for helping raise such a great young lady and a college hitting coach!

FastBat

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like a job well done! Congrats to the both of you!

BouldersDad

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the kind words folks. I will pass the posts along to her

Tim

manitoudan

Reaction score
What happened to her hand Tim ? Also does she aspire to be a HC someday ?

BouldersDad

Reaction score
What happened to her hand Tim ? Also does she aspire to be a HC someday ?

Being a HC is her goal Dan. I don't think there is any better way to start off than to train under Coach Pearsall for a few years.

Second tournament of the season in Feb we were playing Mo. First game first at bat and she gets a high inside pitch that hits the thumb square in the front driving it back into the socket tearing the ligaments on both side. The in jury took till this Aug to heal so her senior season was shot from the beginning.

Last edited: