Little Slammers runner-up in Chicago

The Grand Slam Little Slammers of North Canton won three consecutive games Sunday, including an 8-2 win over the host Orland Park Sparks in the semifinals, to advance to the 10U championship game of the Orland Park Sparks Invitational in South Chicago. The Slammers lost 5-2 to the Indy Dreams in the championship game. The Slammers rallied in the seventh and had the tying run at the plate, but an extraordinary double play by the Dreams ended the game.
Little Slammers pitcher/outfielder Abby Filliez of Perry was named Co-MVP of the 10U tournament along with the outstanding third baseman of the Indy Dreams.
That makes three championship-game appearances for the Little Slammers in three weeks!!!! Congratulations to the girls!!!

Sounds like a great team someone must have been working hard. can't wait to see them in summit county

Congratulations Slammers! We?d love to play you sometime in a tourney; we?re off to a good start also, 4 tourneys with 4 championship games! We're always looking for good competition. Hopefully we'll get to play you sometime this year!!! Maybe Heatin it up in Cincy? 10u Ohio Pride....

Rhoma, Dino85,
Won't be in Summit County this year -- when setting up the schedule through tournament listings on Ohio Fastpitch, we looked long and hard but couldn't find any Summit County tournaments listed for 10U -- the tournament in Ellet in May disappeared and there wasn't anything else so we just punted and headed elsewhere -- Strangely, Compuware does NOT have a 10U division this year. One of their officials said it's because Compuware didn't have enough interest to have a 10U team. All I know is there was a TON of outstanding 10U teams in Chicago. The Indy Dreams truly are the finest defensive team I've ever seen at this level, and I've been to two previous 10U ASA national chamiponship tournaments with older daughters. Their team speed is average, pitching and hitting is good, but the defense is truly extraordinary -- it took away four hits on incredible plays in the title game.
We're open on Wednesdays once school is out to play doubleheaders in the afternoon as that's when the fields seem to be open, but weekends are totally booked through rest of season.

New Philly in two weeks lets make it four in a row! Way to go Slammers!! ;D

bigtrain, we've played your "Little Slammers" and the Indy Dreams a total of 5 times already, and you both are the best 10U teams we've seen so far. Are you in any tournys in Central Ohio like the Stingray or GAPS? If not we'll probaly see you at state. Good luck with the rest of your season. Just a side question, but I noticed the Ohio Ice doesn't have a 10U team. Was this any help in getting the cream of the crop in northeast Ohio?

Bink, thanks for the kind words -- the Little Slammers kids work often and work hard
The Ohio Ice made decisions about their program for whatever reasons they thought were best for the program --
We had the pick of Stark County, not NE Ohio, took those kids and used college baseball & softball players to help train them in throwing, catching, and hitting -- Look forward to seeing you again down the road -- We'll be at the ASA regional in Fairborn in late June

Big Train,

I heard the Lasers mercyed you in a tourney a few weeks ago...and they are undefeated to the Indy Dreams...sounds like they have quite a team as well.

jjw,
You appear to be so enamored with the mercy concept you can't even spell it
This thread wasn't never meant as a Little Slammers vs. Lasers thread. The Little Slammers don't train to beat the Lasers.
But since you quite ungracefully brought it up:
The tally this year to date is Little Slammers two wins, Lasers one in head-to-head matchups
I have no clue how anybody else does against anybody else because I could care less -- you'll have to research that yourself

Big Train,

I apologize you took offense to my comments. And thank you for the spell check! Seeing how your reply was rude, I will simply say that I look forward to watching you and the Lasers play.

If we start trading personal insults and slams I'm NOT going to be a happy bear.... >:(

jjw,
your comment had no purpose on this thread -- it was simply put on to minimize the accomplishments of 8-, 9-, 10-year-old kids --
And you can apologize for your comment, not for me taking offense to it -- gain some command of the English language before you further expose yourself

Big Train,

Ouch! You have a good little team and should be proud. Again, I look forward to watching your team play as well as the Lasers team and any other 10U team for that matter.
From what I've seen their are quite a few good Ohio teams this year...just not the Slammers or Lasers.

I am not one for trading insults so I will not stoop to your level. I wish your girls all the success, as they deserve it for all the hard work they have put in.

This is the last thread I will send on this topic....I thought you were professional enough to give me your thoughts on how you felt the Lasers stacked up but instead I received personal insults.

Again, I wish your girls and only your girls the best of luck.

JJW,
thanks for the well wishes -- the girls definitely deserve accolades for what they've accomplished, especially considering the relative skills they brought to the game last Labor Day -- they have done the work and deserve the credit
However, I believe it's most professional NOT to rate other teams -- I'll answer any questions about the Little Slammers and their training that are pertinent at any time, but my opinion and the opinions of our coaches about other teams stay within our inner circle -- thanks for your interest