More Wednesday fun...you might be a pitcher's parent.

OK, the previous thread on "you might be a rec coach was very entertaining."

http://www.game-ex.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=36351

Again this isn't to ruffle any feathers, just to have a little fun.

If you use any of the following reasons your daughter isn't throwing Strikes:

...the pitchers plate is crooked.
...the seams on the ball are different than she practices with.
...she is learning a new pitch and that is messing with her.
...she is in a growth spurt.
...she's not used to this catcher.
...any sentence the begins with "The umpire".

...then you might be a pitcher's parent.

Keep them coming...this should be entertaining.:D

Wow Bucket Sitter, you covered a boatload of the possibilities. I'd add "any sentence that begins with 'the defense didn't . . .'"

This from a former pitcher's mom who has been guilty of many of the "ifs" when DD was pitching.

If you call rocket hits from the opposing team as errors.....

This from a former pitcher's mom who has been guilty of many of the "ifs" when DD was pitching.

I am right there with you, although it is quite often true. :lmao:

If you own stock in Ringor or Tanel

You might be a pitcher's parent if:

your basement (garage/barn), no longer has any space due to batting cage/pitching tunnel you created to catch your daughter....

you take your own bucket (with the padded spinning lid) to the ballpark just in case your daughter needs warmed up

you watch the form of opposing pitchers and point out flaws in their form to the poor guy sitting next to you

you are the person on the sidelines yelling: stride out, point your glove, etc.

you have said "I don't know why your radar gun says X, her pitching coach clocked her at X last week"

......I probably have a several dozen more as I am guilty of them all :D

You tell everyone she only gave up one hit that inning, even though your daughter plays center field and fielded three balls hit right back up the middle.

After awarding the batter 1st base from being hit between the shoulder blades in the middle of the box you say ...... come on blue the batter was crowding the plate.

If your radar gun accidentally picks up the speed of a passing car going 55mph on the road behind the field and that suddenly becomes the speed that your 10 year old DD throws...you might be a pitcher's parent. :p

if your radar gun accidentally picks up the speed of a passing car going 55mph on the road behind the field and that suddenly becomes the speed that your 10 year old dd throws...you might be a pitcher's parent. :p

lol

If your spouse presents you with a custom made made bucket with a special lid to sit on...and you're excited about it...

If you consistently have bruises with seam marks in them on your shins -- and the other pitcher's parents look at you in shorts and just laugh but the other position parents look at you and say "what did you do to your leg, that must have hurt?".

If your 8 under daughter is the pitcher on a coach pitch team, ok I can't say anything here because the girl, dad and mother are so cute when that just starting to get there feet wet.

Dad knows to turn sideways on his bucket for drop balls

Mom is a softball widow 10 months out of the year because dad and DD are off pitching on the nights when the team isn't practicing.

You drive farther for pitching lessons than you do for tournaments.

if.....you are pacing on the sidelines or line yourself up behind home plate when your dd enters the game......

If you get really good at catching the ball off the net behind you....you might be a pitcher's parent.

Instead of buying new shoes, you get duck tape to fix the holes in the toes...

when you buy cleats spefically made for a pitcher...

when you argue with other pitchers parents about the amount of rest needed..

you are a pitchers parent.