PREDICTIONS???

OK lets stop with everyones opinion of how the Spano brothers should run the dome and let start talking who's who this year on the diamond. Lets here some predictions on who will win States in the different age groups. Who's overrated who's underrated, Who has the best pitchers and who is the best pitcher. You get the picture...lets talk it up!!!

Will I ever learn to spell!

I don't think big daddy was refering to high school teams. This post comes up time and time again, people are reluctant to make predictions for travel teams. Talk about high school though and the post will be pages long, who's returning, who will the best pitchers be, who has the best catcher, etc. Why can't this type of a post be interesting if kept positive?

It kinda hard to do at this point in time (early spring before outdoor play has started) Most teams have so many new players , so there is just so much uncertainty until we all hit the field. Case in point --last year in my dd's 1st year at 12u we got hammered up to Fort Wayne indoors. Looked like a long season maybe ---ended up 38-10 or something close to that , won 4 of 6 tournies and finished top 4 in the other 2 .

There has already been some talk about strong teams at the 12u levels . Do a search and it will turn up. MD

I predict that the team whose parents have the most fun and support their girls/coaches no matter what the outcome of the game will have the best season. JMHO

The3dm said:
I predict that the team whos parents have the most fun and support their girls/coaches no matter what the outcome of the game will have the best season. JMHO

Agree with you 100%. And no, big daddy, I think your spelling is pretty much hopeless! I also think you live to stir things up!

I predict the following:

-Two teams will play on Sunday for the championship
-Everyone, at some time during the summer, will blame a loss on the umpire (except BTBICP -see below)
- BTBICP will have a 5th consecutive undefeated season
-Joe's Hummer will be hit by at least 4 foul balls
-The Bear will win every appeal with the umpires
-I will be hit by at least 2 line drives through the 3rd base coaches box (at least one will leave a mark)
-I will consume a minimum of 60 hotdogs and as many walking tacos I can find
-I will drink around 75 cans of diet coke and 30 bottles of gatorade
-I will put many miles on my already high mileage Ford pick up
-I will get lost 4 times trying to find the fields
-I will probably have to continue demonstrating my "low impact dancing" to various teams this summer
-My wife will have to mow the lawn this summer
-We will have fun

I think every coach and parent & players looks at there team after try-outs and say
"this is a really good team"

Johnnies,
Lost 4 times trying to find the fields???? Heck I get lost that many times in a weekend! Thank God the Mrs. got me one of those GPS's! ;D

DClady yea! my spelling does suck, One thing youll never here me accuse myself as being a Harvard grad. But you hit it on the head I love to stir up the pot. Wait an early prediction of mine is that I will probably offend atleast 10 peoplethis season. But hey what else are chat boards like this really for any way!

Tha biggman baby!

Oh yea and beware when you attack the big guy he attacks back!!

Bugtussle looks pretty tough again this year, are they playing up or staying at their age group? I heard they have started on the juice again with MLB drawing the attention away from them.

I predict I will be even MORE BROKE than when last season ended!! :'(

ManitouDan, I agree it might be too early to tell, but, a lot of teams have been playing fall ball and winter ball. You have been around enough to know when you see a team that has what it takes, really stands out.

gunners1 said:
a lot of teams have been playing fall ball and winter ball. You have been around enough to know when you see a team that has what it takes, really stands out.

So is anyone willing to make any predictions from what they have seen thus far?

Ummm. I just did.

As far as realistic predictions go... that changes every weekend. There are a number of traditional powers that headline every weekend, but there are a number of teams that step up and say... Whoa..don't forget us. That is what makes softball THE sport.

I agree with Johnnies. With the # of close games I've seen at Akron, SDS Tournament and Spano it could be anybodys game all summer ;)

I have not sen alot of teams this winter. Basicaly the only teams that I have seen is the teams that has played in our leagues and the All Night Tournament. I will have to say that there has been a few teams that has looked pretty good. There has been alot of close games. I agree, it could be anybodys game all summer.

I agree it could be anyones game on any given weekend, but , I beleive there will be teams that stand out. Teams that I have seen that are very powerful, in the 12u division, Valley Extreme White, Roadrunners Blue, Furies, all these teams have pitching and can hit the ball a ton. SDS I know that you guys will be tough as will a lot of the southern teams, we just don't get a chance to see that many up our way. Care to make any predictions from the teams down your way?

I have not seen alot of 12U teams since fall ball so I cannot comment on the 12U teams. I do know that I have seen several strong 14U teams. Miami Valley Vipers 14U played in our 16U league and they looked pretty good. All the teams that participated in our All Night Tournament will be very sucessful this year. All the games but two (I believe) were won by only a couple runs.

I'll jump in and take a shot....

16U
1. ?Ohio Classics Black ?
2. ?GCKA Nightmare ?
3. ?Ohio Wolfpack Black ?
4. ?Valley Extreme Blue ? ? ?
5. ?Lady Lasers Orange
6. ?Akron Sapphires ? ?
7. ?Cinci Doom 92 ? ?
8. ?Lady Lasers Aqua
9. ?Buckeye Heat- Gianas
10. Miami Valley Express