RAVE - Don't apologize for being successful, proud HS parents/coaches!

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
All,
This Rave is for positive acknowledgment of your DD's, HS teams, or players, accomplishments this High School season. Please let us know how your kid(s), team, or players are doing this year. For all, but especially those scrappy freshman tearing it up.

If you can't stand or post positive comments, please move along. This is a "safe place" to rave only, lol.-sarcasm

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Safety_pin_graphic.jpg
Remember: This is a safe place - no triggers... No exaggeration and no putting down other teams or players.

I'll go - My daughter is a Freshman on the varsity team for a 6A School (think that's the same as D1 for OHSAA - Just under 3,000 kids)
She's gotten 4.33 innings in 5 games. Her WHIP is 0.69, she has 1 K and allowed 1 ER - (The one run was on a questionable illegal pitch call after a strike out - in her coaches opinion) and one Save - generally doing OK -
Batting she's had 2 PA's one Sac Fly (RBI) and a fielders choice - So needs to improve there

Now it's your turn...

Last edited:

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My dd is the only freshman starter on varsity, at SS, and is lead off batter, her hitting stats are pretty good so far:

Total HS games counting scrimmages(2), league, non-league:

GP PA AB H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI R HBP ROE FC CI BB K AVG OBP SLG OPS
10 38 36 16 5 6 3 2 11 11 1 1 0 0 1 5 .444 .474 .944 1.418

In the league games that count so far:

5 20 20 11 4 4 3 0 6 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 .550 .550 1.050 1.600

-in league games she is leading team in AVG, SLG, OPS, hits, doubles, triples, runs scored, 2nd in RBI's.

Hope she keeps it going for the full season.

17884164_1637375962943161_7073651717631932820_n.jpg

Last edited:

3ballbratz

Reaction score
My dd is the only freshman starter on varsity, at SS, and is lead off batter, her hitting stats are pretty good so far:

Total HS games counting scrimmages(2), league, non-league:

8 30 29 13 4 5 2 2 11 8 0 1 0 0 1 2 .448 .467 .966 1.432

In the league games that count so far:

4 16 16 8 3 3 2 0 6 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500 .500 .938 1.438

-in league games she is leading team in AVG, SLG, OPS, hits, doubles, triples, RBI's, runs scored(3x tie).

Hope she keeps it going for the full season.

View attachment 2313

Nice work !! My oldest is also the only freshman on her varsity squad. So far in 8 games she has pitched 46 innings with 85 strikeouts. Including a school record with 17 strikeouts in one game. We're a very small d3 school but she racked up 10 strikeouts in relief against D1 powerhouse Teays Valley. Who spanked us 10-0 btw lol. Teays Valley starter gave up zero hits and one walk almost securing a perfect game !

Last edited:

Louuuuu

Reaction score
So far in 8 games she has pitched 46 innings with 85 strikeouts. Including a school record with 17 strikeouts in one game.

Wow! I bet the sophomore and/or junior pitchers from last year aren't very happy...

3ballbratz

Reaction score
Wow! I bet the sophomore and/or junior pitchers from last year aren't very happy...
Lol, There was definitely some noise at the beginning of the season. Props to her coach for standing by her.
The sophomore and junior pitchers are on jv, but seem supportive. The senior pitcher on varsity is very supportive which made her feel much more comfortable:) thankfully. Wasn't sure how that was going to go over. Her twin sister is the starting catcher and welcomes her too. Great kids

maddball44

Reaction score
My dd is one of two starters not a senior. She's a soph. SS / lead off.
They've had a lot of rain outs but her current stats are - AB 27 - HITS 14 - AVG .519 - RBI 7 - RUNS 9 - 2B 3 - 3B 2. Has not struck out this season. Great stats in my book however, she is most excited about Friday's game when she faced a much bally-hooed pitcher that is rumored to be going to UK (don't know that for sure; you know how rumors are) but for sure one of the top pitchers in OH. She went 3 for 4 with a triple that almost went out. A double, 1 rbi 1 run scored. We lost 5-3 in 9. Definitely her best day at the plate this spring. SO PROUD!

Louuuuu

Reaction score
If she's "Bally-hooed", I suspect the UK she's going to is United Kingdom.... :rolleyes:

rangers00

Reaction score
DD this weekend in a loss that's right a loss tied state record for rbi's in a game with 9.

Tdale

Reaction score
This is my DD first year in school ball (7th grader) and so far she's played in 8 games and has hit in all of them. She's 13 for 21 with a .619 avg, 1 HR (inside the park), 1 Triple, 6 Doubles, 5 Singles, 9 RBIs and 6 Stolen bases. I couldn't be more proud!

0203bbmom

Reaction score
How about a shout out to Teays Valley JV for scoring 254 runs to the opponents 8 in the first 14 games. There have been 11 shutouts and all 8 runs against TV being scored in only 3 games. There isn't a weak spot in the line up on offense or defense. Yes, this is JV but this is also the future of the program. Sounds like an exciting few years ahead.....

17smom

Reaction score
So glad for this post because I want to rave about the start my DD has had with hitting, but at the same time it's early and she has very definite goals. We are just staying calm and focused in the house - maybe we're a bit superstitious, but we try not to talk about it too much. But I'm so very proud of her, so I'm going to get it out here!

Last year, her freshman year, she hit .531, had 7 HRs, and beat a school record with RBIs (38). A few of her goals include beating the HR record (currently 8 - was 6 until last year, but our senior got one more HR than Amber), beating her own RBI record, and improving her BA.

We have had a total of 7 games so far. She has had a total of 28 plate appearances that led to 22 official at bats (6 walks). She is hitting .500 with 6 HRs so far! She has also had 1 triple, 1 double, and 3 singles and a total of 16 RBIs at this time.

While her official pre-season goal was to hit 9 HRs, she is debating about moving her goal to 10. That would give her a total of 17 HRs in her freshman and sophomore years - which would tie the school career record. It's funny about HR goals though - technically she does not go up to the plate thinking about hitting a HR. She really doesn't. She is not taught to do that - her hitting instructor teachers her to hit line drives and move/score runners. That is part of the reason we don't talk about it at home and why we honestly try to look more at BA and RBIs - but when you've hit 6 this early, it gets pretty hard to not think about them! :)

I know anything can happen, but she has certainly given herself a strong start towards her goals. Hopefully, the rest of the season continues like this. She has had such a long journey back from a near-complete hamstring tear at Nationals back in August. She has worked so hard and I'm just so happy for her and the success she is seeing after a long, frustrating recovery.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
So glad for this post because I want to rave about the start my DD has had with hitting, but at the same time it's early and she has very definite goals. We are just staying calm and focused in the house - maybe we're a bit superstitious, but we try not to talk about it too much. But I'm so very proud of her, so I'm going to get it out here!

Last year, her freshman year, she hit .531, had 7 HRs, and beat a school record with RBIs (38). A few of her goals include beating the HR record (currently 8 - was 6 until last year, but our senior got one more HR than Amber), beating her own RBI record, and improving her BA.

We have had a total of 7 games so far. She has had a total of 28 plate appearances that led to 22 official at bats (6 walks). She is hitting .500 with 6 HRs so far! She has also had 1 triple, 1 double, and 3 singles and a total of 16 RBIs at this time.

While her official pre-season goal was to hit 9 HRs, she is debating about moving her goal to 10. That would give her a total of 17 HRs in her freshman and sophomore years - which would tie the school career record. It's funny about HR goals though - technically she does not go up to the plate thinking about hitting a HR. She really doesn't. She is not taught to do that - her hitting instructor teachers her to hit line drives and move/score runners. That is part of the reason we don't talk about it at home and why we honestly try to look more at BA and RBIs - but when you've hit 6 this early, it gets pretty hard to not think about them! :)

I know anything can happen, but she has certainly given herself a strong start towards her goals. Hopefully, the rest of the season continues like this. She has had such a long journey back from a near-complete hamstring tear at Nationals back in August. She has worked so hard and I'm just so happy for her and the success she is seeing after a long, frustrating recovery.

Great stuff - MOM More HR's than singles is amazing - tell her to keep doing what she's doing.

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Wow. Great start, hopefully our pitcher will walk her about 6x when our schools play, lol. 11196357_10203961256063828_7495812587836228833_n.jpg .

17smom

Reaction score
Wow. Great start, hopefully our pitcher will walk her about 6x when our schools play, lol. View attachment 2331 .

Thanks for attaching the pic Tom - that was a great time! :)

I'm hoping you don't pass along the info and your pitcher doesn't walk her at all - she has goals to meet! lol Your DD is having a great start as well! See you soon!

3ballbratz

Reaction score
How about a shout out to Teays Valley JV for scoring 254 runs to the opponents 8 in the first 14 games. There have been 11 shutouts and all 8 runs against TV being scored in only 3 games. There isn't a weak spot in the line up on offense or defense. Yes, this is JV but this is also the future of the program. Sounds like an exciting few years ahead.....

Wow ! That's impressive ! I'm pretty sure Teays Valley JV would beat alot of varsity teams.

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
DD got her third varsity win tonight 18-2.
2'earned, 2hits, 2bb and 4 k, era for the season now at 1.81.
She went 1-2 at the plate with a single , a k, a bb and a hbp.
3-0 so far this season

CoachB25

Reaction score
I'll brag about my JV Team. We won a JV Tournament this past weekend and our girls really broke out the bats. We hit the long ball and then some. Then, we played our conference rival after beating another conference team earlier in the week. This was an intense game. One of my hitters hit the CF fence 3 times and it is 220. Last night, we faced another good pitcher who was getting after us some. Then, in the 4th inning, we exploded and scored 10 runs. We hit a few more bombs. I guess we have hit 7 over the fence home runs this week. We were to play in a huge JV Tournament this weekend and are the reigning champs. Unfortunately, the tournament has been rained out. My JV Team will not be the same after this weekend. I will be losing my top players to the varsity. They have earned it and I am excited for them. I will now have 9 and so, everyone plays.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
My kid can lay on her back and eat a whole bowl of ice cream at the same time.

One of the real big bowls, too...

CoachB25

Reaction score
Is there a day of the week that she is better at eating ice cream? Maybe Sundae? Does this help her weight training? Instead of a barbell, maybe she works out with a Dilly Bar. Be careful is she eats too much ice cream. She might develop a weight problem.