Tryout posting insanity

PlayTwo

Reaction score
It's time to institute bans or suspensions or something. I just logged in and 16 of the first 20 posts under "New Posts," which is where I always start, are for Valley Storm tryouts. This is not to pick on Valley Storm specifically. Perhaps if you got rid of the different regions for posting it would clean things up? No one, it seems, limits their postings to just one region.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
where is big bear??

santos67

Reaction score
It’s hard for me to limit my postings to just one region. I have an 18U team with players from Toledo to Northern Kentucky.

Run26

Reaction score
It's time to institute bans or suspensions or something. I just logged in and 16 of the first 20 posts under "New Posts," which is where I always start, are for Valley Storm tryouts. This is not to pick on Valley Storm specifically. Perhaps if you got rid of the different regions for posting it would clean things up? No one, it seems, limits their postings to just one region.

What drives me insane are these veiled tryout posts on the General Board that say "Come be a part of or Coming soon i.e. Premier, Gold, Elite" team in Ohio. ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE IN THE TRYOUT SECTIONS ONLY! They are skirting the board rules and I don't understand why it's allowed.

#4mom

Reaction score
I like the idea of having separated regions but if everyone posts the same info in every single region and the general tryout section it sort of defeats the purpose.

Honestly instead of regions ( all teams seem to post in all regions no matter where their out of) I wish they would do it by age group! Seem like it would be a lot easier to navigate. When I get on I’m looking for certain age groups!

finfan365

Reaction score
I'm not sure separating into age groups would help either. There are a lot of posts with mutiple age tryouts in them. It think they would just spread out across those sections just like the regions.

I say just regulate the crap out of it. If you are a team that is recruiting statewide, post in a Statewide section. You shouldn't have to post in every region.

BTW, does anyone know if Valley Storm is still needing players?

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
This is the only time a lot of these organizations post on the board.
The softball community is larger than 10 years ago with a lot of families choosing to play over an hour away from where they live and with most organizations holding tryouts on the same day for various age groups it needs to be all inclusive.
I would say if there were charges like be a premium member you get top of the list, all others go on the general list for a nominal fee:) and it is just one advertisement, no adding to the thread so take some time and fill out a very good tryout profile.
That will stop the daily... what you looking for, where you playing, where you practicing, how many non parent coaches you have etc.

Stedman00

Reaction score
[QUOTE

BTW, does anyone know if Valley Storm is still needing players?

I am thinking they may still need one or two - just a wild guess[/QUOTE]

Judging by the number of posts placed in all regions, i'd guess more than just 1 or 2.

Xrayaries

Reaction score
All teams need to post in the proper locations they are even bleeding into the rants page. WTH is wrong with people. I thought reading comprehension was a first grade thing.

stw7778

Reaction score
So we have this board to use to help teams and players find each other, and teams post their needs and keep up on their posts. I do not see the problem here. If Valley Storm keeps up on their posts and does the work to ensure their post get the views to get that position filled, how is that wrong? I would love it if daughters coach worked half that hard to ensure they have the best possible players to compete at a high level.

Denver Roach

Reaction score
I thought coaches were suppose to coach, not spend six seasons looking for the perfect girls through tryouts. You will never win consistently by breaking down a team year after year.

This comment echos thoughts of mine that have been with me for a while now. It didn't take long to notice that lots of coaches are looking for a "Ready Made" player. I'm not saying I'd do any better myself. It's just an observation of mine and of course an opinion as well so it may in fact not be entirely accurate either. I suppose it comes down to what some might refer to as a style of coaching. Lots of tough decisions no doubt about it.