Vandalia Windmill 2005

Great job to the Worth Ohio Wave this past weekend! In the pool play the Wave went undefeated through all age groups. On Sunday, the 10U placed second, the 12U placed first, and the 16U placed first. Congratulations to all the players and coaches on a great weekend!

The 13U team also took 3rd place on the 14U age group. I think that thier record was 5 - 1 overall.

Nice job to all of the Worth-Ohio Wave teams. :)

Rich the 13's were 4-2 losing to both teams that were in the final game.

Kudo's to the team from Vandalia rec league also tied for 3rd place. Cut lead to one run going into the last inning before giving up two runs. Had bases loaded and couldn't pull the game out.

Overall good tournament and great weather.

I can't wait until the Worth-Ohio Wave Fastpitch Classic this weekend! What is the schedule for all age groups?

My daughter was very disappointed after a 2-1 day on Sat. her coach was never called and told Sun. sched. We didn't show for a game we weren't told about and had to forfeit. Our day ended before it started. Very disappoointing this was the first tourney for our girls outside their league.

I noticed that a 14U team didn't show for a pool game, but didn't hear about a team not showing on elimination day. How did your coach not notify you when to show? They keep records of all game results at the tables - and run differentials so most elimination games were known in advance.

I can't think of a bigger mistake than a coach not staying to find out game time or getting phone number of tournament director to get game time. I'm sure that is due to the fact it was your first tournament.

Terrible. Team Name Removed 14-u had 16 year old players who drove to the game themselves. Tournament director would not pull birth certificates. After complaints from several teams, Those girls suddenly didn't show up for the final games.
The director didn't tell the ohio fliers that their game had been moved up and they had to forfeit. If you like tournaments where the home team gets a big dose of home field advantage, or tournaments that have way to many schedule changes than this one is for you. I know of 4 teams who will never return.

Twister, you might want to actually have some facts before you make acusations that are not even close to being true.

If you want me to fax the roster to you I will. None of the girls are even 15 1/2 yet and obviously don't drive.

The Team Name Removed 14U team had 7 14U, 7 13U girls and 1 12U player. The oldest girl on the team has a birthdate of 2-9-90 which of course is eligible for 14U. If you have questions on any of the players, I'll fax you their birth certificate. Send me a message through the connection. Coach was asked on Saturday to produce birth certificates and did.

Nothing was said to the coaches or team at all on Friday. TD said Saturday there was a question and birth certificates were produced. My understanding is that no protest was made.

In Addition this is an ASA tournament and rosters are on file with local commissioner.

I noticed the game times were changed and on the tournament brackets Saturday morning. If a coach missed the change - surely not TD's fault.

Since this is a public forum you are certainly entitled to your opinion regarding the tournament, but correct me if I'm wrong moderators - when making acusations regarding teams or players - you need to make true statements.

I was TOLD that two protests were made. When one of the parents from a team on Friday asked for birth certificates,they told me that the director told them that they would look into it.
Next day, several girls were not present including some of the girls in question. NO BIG DEAL. TOURNAMENT IS OVER.
Whats Done Is DONE. Have a great summer.

You've got to be kidding me. You come on a public forum and state that Team Name Removed had 16 yr olds on the team that drove to the park and now after realizing you are wrong you say - NO BIG DEAL. It was your team that was involved in the complaint and now you're trying to make it look like something else.

While I'm on a roll Twister. There was only one team that made a complaint and that was based on information from an unreliable source from the Team Name 2 Removed 16U coaches. The player plays up in a 16U league at Kettering fields in the same league with Team Name 2 Removed and they assumed she was 16. These guys need to learn a little about softball. Girls play up all the time. Have those coaches question the ASA commissioner when they are at the fields on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Also, one player was missing on Saturday and Sunday because they were playing in a soccer tournament in Ft. Wayne Indiana. One went to church camp on Sunday, and another had church activity on Saturday. The 4th player went out of town Saturday and Sunday.

Despite having only 4 14U girls on Sunday, the Team Name Removed team beat a good Buckeyes team to advance to the semi-final game.

Hey Twisters. Just to add to the list. One more protest denied and one more team that will NOT be returning. TOO many problems in Vandalia to even list.

Our team did "NOT" FILE A PROTEST. Nor did we Question ages. It was brought to My attention because Two other Teams coaches stopped me and told me I should ask the Director which I DECLINED to do. After I declined, Both coaches whom I Do not know went to director "On Their Own".
After he declined They asked to meet after the games
(4 different team coaches) met Saturday and Their parents said that they saw them driving away.(3 different parents. two different teams) I would not have thought a thing about it, but that is a lot of people who do not know each other saying the same thing. BY the way, My post was not the first to bring this in the open, IT WAS ABOUT THE THIRD POST TO DO IT. I know of 4 Teams that will not return. Not just because of this or that, but the whole Vandalia fiasco.
Again, NO BIG DEAL TO ME because I did not file a protest, nor was I the one to be the first to post this info on a forum.
You must not follow the other online fast pitch forums because it was the talk of the forums for the last few days all over the surrounding states. Word travels fast Online and I read Three strong posts about this mess on other forums.
I do have the right to my opinion. NO BIG DEAL Though.
Consider IT Done.

Okay, I've removed all of the team names involved in this little discussion (and at least one other), and I'll issue one warning to everyone. ?I do not want to see personal attacks on teams, umpires, coaches, tournament directers, etc. ?Don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion, but let's take the vendettas elsewhere.
Sheriff.gif