WCWS Bracket Contest Results

coachjwb

Reaction score
We had 15 entries, pretty similar to previous years. Through Saturday, only Utah has advanced ... and only 8 of the 15 entrants had that correct. Among the remaining regionals with the most difference in picks are Alabama-Minnesota, LSU-Louisiana, Kentucky-Illinois, Michigan-Washington and Baylor-James Madison. We'll know a lot more after today's games.

manitoudan

Reaction score
I'm the biggest SEC homer in America but Minny got SHAFTED .

coachjwb

Reaction score
I'm a bit behind and a little disorganized this year, but here is what I am showing as first round results ... don't hesitate to let me know if I have your score wrong .... it could be!

CZ 13
Tide 15
Me 12
MyKid 11
Sno 13
Pacer 14
#5 13
21 14
Okie 13
Ham 12
Gill 12
Ricky 15
Los 13
Dan 11
Oiler 13

coachjwb

Reaction score
So no one had Baylor or LSU winning supers. I have updated scores here. But please let me know if you see anything wrong. Keep in mind first round was one point each, supers were 3 points each.

CZ 31 (has FSU to win it so final score)
Tide 24 (has Oregon to win it but can't catch up)
Me 24 (has Florida to win it but can't catch up)
MyKid 17 (has Arizona to win it so final score
Sno 19 (has Tennessee to win it so final score)
Pacer 29 (has Arizona to win it so final score)
#5 25 (has FSU to win it so final score)
21 29 (has Arizona to win it so final score)
Okie 31 (has Oklahoma to win it)
Ham 21 (has Florida to win it but can't catch up)
Gill 30 (has Florida to win it)
Ricky 27 (has Oregon to win it)
Los 25 (has Oregon to win it but can't catch up)
Dan 17 (has Mississippi to win it so final score)
Oiler 25 (has Florida to win it so can't catch up)

So if this is correct:

Ricky wins if Oregon wins
Gill wins if Florida wins
Okie wins if Oklahoma wins

If any other team wins, it comes down to the tiebreaker between CZ and Okie. CZ has 5-1 final, and Okie has 3-2 final. Let's say the final game's score was 6-0. CZ missed the winner's score by 1 and the loser's score by 1, for a total of 2. Okie missed the winner's score by 3 and the loser's score by 2 for a total of 5. So in this scenario, CZ would win.

Just one more thing ... please check your scores as I didn't have time to check all of this as carefully as I have in the past when I had more time and prizes were on the line!

Last edited:

SMc4SMc

Reaction score
Great job with the updates, break downs, and examples. I felt ringside or at the track with great commentary.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Best run bracket I've ever been in !! Thanks Jeff Go Sooners!!! Like my inconference matchup.

manitoudan

Reaction score
i LIKE ucla'S PITCHING AND d , going to be tough out . Florida as well .

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm rooting for an SEC Team, and Florida of all teams:eek:
It's ok ngill it wouldnt be any fun if you hadn't picked Fla.
Ricky told me we get bragging rights for winning and a special name ,I'm afraid the special name may be for my reputation on the site.Good luck tonight

okiedad1961

Reaction score
I would like to thank all the pickers in this years contest,and a special thanks to Ricky for not picking Oklahoma this year.As always I will be picking Oklahoma in next years contest.Please don't bandwagon on my team next year only homers like me can pick them.Ill be on the Ohio tournament trail this summer,so if you see me don't hesitate to congratulate me on my win in the contest.Since theres no t-shirt for the win you won't probably find me, so Ill be the fat guy on the bucket watching some games.Everyone have a good summer and Boooommer Sooooner.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Paul, congrats to you and your team. Sounds like we should award you the non-award for next year's tourney as well! I bet if you go back to back, Ricky coughs up a shirt for you. :)

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Paul, congrats to you and your team. Sounds like we should award you the non-award for next year's tourney as well! I bet if you go back to back, Ricky coughs up a shirt for you. :)
Thanks Jeff its been fun watching this year,glad the public was liking it too.