WCWS Championship game anylasis

manitoudan

Reaction score
Should have ran when the SS turned her back and ran towards 2b for the force , also if what I saw was correct she had a terrible lead off the base on release ... my big question is why was the girl safe at 1st ? she looked out by 2 steps ? did the throw pull her off ?

JoeA1010

Reaction score
I also thought the runner looked out at first. Can't believe they didn't show a replay of that. The production of these games has a long way to go still. As soon as the ball got by the pitcher, the runner should have gone. Just a bad read by the runner.

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
She was out at 1st. I stopped it on my 70" 3D and it was bang bang but the ball beat her by 1/4 step.

Also, I was shocked not only that the runner didn't score, but that it was Cierra Romero, who I consider maybe the best all around position player in the country.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
I'm betting that if runner went,they would have hesitated on throwing to first and she would of been safe.
Another observation from the game Shillings comments on the game,showed his unfamiliarity w/ the game,but showed that our game hasn't evolved into into what MLB is.Example pitch calling exclusively by the coachs and relying on coachs to tell our girls to run.Any thoughts?

brownsfan

Reaction score
Leave it to the team up north to ruin a perfectly good chance for the B1G to take another one away from the SEC. THE Ohio State Buckeyes got sick and tired of the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide. The mighty Badgers got sick and tired on Kentucky's run of the perfect season so they ended it too. So can the Wolverine do the same thing, or will the alligator chomp be too much?

Granted, still two more games to go and as much as it pains me to want the team up north to win; BUT I love hearing old Finnebaum whine more.

mogsoftball

Reaction score
she needed a better lead and as soon as the SS had to turn her back to break on the ball she should have gone.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Yeah , I agree mog , I mentioned her lack of an aggressive lead was CRITICAL in not being position to advance. She had a brain fart at the best ( or worst ) of all moments . But even with the short lead as soon as he SS turns her back and starts racing towards second its got to be GO .

JoeA1010

Reaction score
I'm not sure what Michigan teaches with leads off of third, but a lot of coaches teach a walking lead with momentum going toward the plate as the ball crosses.