What’s The Ohio State fair cancelation mean for Softball venues?

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
So is cancelation of The Ohio State fair the nail in the coffin for Berliner and other big venues that hold softball and baseball tournaments?

Thoughts?

Stedman00

Reaction score
i'm not from around the C-bus area, but what does the state fair have to do with Berliner????

Stedman00

Reaction score
news release I read was that the organizers of the fair cancelled. basically, about social distancing and not being able to make money. ADDED ("“The financial ramifications of hosting a reduced-capacity Fair would be too great, and we need to protect the great Ohio State Fair for future generations.”)

900K plus in a 12 day period is drastically different than just a few thousand attendees at Berliner .

M & R Davis

Reaction score
Two completely different things IMO based on number of people per acre or sq yard of how ever you want to look at it. At least that is my hope.

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
If they are cancelling the fair does this mean they will shutdown Berliner?

Just a Question.
It would seem to be relevant since they both would have similar crowds but there is no consistency in this from a messaging standpoint. Capitol city is in 2 weeks and they haven't released the schedule. That worries me to think there is no agreement in how to make it work

Last edited:

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would believe so the fair make a lot more revenue then Berliner for the city of Columbus. But I believe the main reason the fair shut down is because of all the vendors that handle food. I mean think about it do you want to be in legal trouble like some are finding there self in now because a outbreak of the virus started due to something you host. I still think it would be a very hard case to prove and win. But who really wants tied up in a legal battle even if you don’t lose?

IRdad09

Reaction score
I would say it is probably not good. This is assuming the City has something to do with both. Meaning city grounds, workers and the like? I do think there will be softball played probably just not at the big venues. WE all know we can spread out and it would not be an issue....state officials not so much.

Last edited:

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I would believe so the fair make a lot more revenue then Berliner for the city of Columbus. But I believe the main reason the fair shut down is because of all the vendors that handle food. I mean think about it do you want to be in legal trouble like some are finding there self in now because a outbreak of the virus started due to something you host. I still think it would be a very hard case to prove and win. But who really wants tied up in a legal battle even if you don’t lose?

Legal trouble over a virus is ridiculous. I believe it’s out there and happening but what does that say about those people that are filing suit? Grasping at straws for a paycheck.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
A lot of good post quick. Thanks for the insight. I am not gonna lie I have been losing sleep over this sh*t! Everything that’s big that cancels I worry Berliner will be next.

with the fair I was thinking all the city workers, city grounds like IRdad was saying.
Dawgsdad made another great point... Cap City is right around the corner and no schedule or anything about it yet. I pulled our team from that one just in case and entered in a smaller venue that has been signed off by the mayor and the health dept.

With a big revenue generator like The Ohio State fair being cancelled it does make me raise an eyebrow.

FC2019

Reaction score
u cant sue anyone over getting the virus because it is impossible to prove where and how you contacted it that is from a lawyer that was asked when the businesses reopened wtih that being said there is way more then couple thousand people at Berliner during a tourney . i just wish they would make a decision and stick with it. i dont know how the bathroom situation is going to work tho hahha

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
u cant sue anyone over getting the virus because it is impossible to prove where and how you contacted it that is from a lawyer that was asked when the businesses reopened wtih that being said there is way more then couple thousand people at Berliner during a tourney . i just wish they would make a decision and stick with it. i dont know how the bathroom situation is going to work tho hahha

Like the good ol Days. Run to the woods to pee!!