What if you were charged to tryout?

You want to stop all the BS with tryout's and jumping teams, ttt, how do you cut a player etc, then do your home work and who are the coaches and organizations and what are they teaching etc?

What if you were charged $500 or more, non refundable fee just for trying out and not even making the team? The money has to be paid up front and no checks accepted!

Do you think all the tryout hype and **** and BS would exist?

I bet you would do a little more research and find out who these coaches are and what they are doing to train your kids verses going to 5 try outs and rolling the dice on who will give your daughter the best chance to learn and grow.

If you think your daughter deserves playing time and does little on her own to make it happen, then you probably have $500 dollars to see how good she is don't you! :lmao:

Talk to some of the real elite teams and real gold teams from California and see what they charge for YOU to even try out. It cuts the wasting of each others time to allow your daughter to try out and in most cases possibly wasting your time and theirs in my opinion.

If you think your daughter is that good get your wallets out, no checks and Master card and Visa is accepted :D

Maybe Bear could raise some funds by charging a fee to post tryout dates and could make a killing charging by the "ttt" lol

I like the idea, as long as the tryout fee could be applied to team fees if the player would receive an offer to play. It would definitely cut down on all the BS and complaining/whining.

I don't see the point. That's why it's called tryout. Sometimes it's the player trying out for the team. More so than not, it's the player seeing how good of a "fit" it is.

All charging would do is seperate the haves from have nots. I'm way too cheap to even consider this idea.

I hope the first team that does this goes bankrupt. I agree that you shouldnt go to a tryout if you have no intent on playing for the team, but charging for a tryout is a good way to fold an organization... JMHO

So do you get your fee back if you dont make the team?

I know you are a Yankees fan so I will spell it out slowly.....

N O N R E F U N D A B L E :lmao:

Some of these parents are hauling their kids around the "circuit" just to "see" what the other organizations are doing or how they are running their tryouts verses another and comparing their kids against the others in my opinion and at your expense and time.

If they have done their home work "they know" who gets the results!

If they want to waste your time running the try out, then make them pay for it as your teams schedule, record and kids getting into college should speak well of your team or organization.

See you Saturday my Brother.......

I hope the first team that does this goes bankrupt. I agree that you shouldnt go to a tryout if you have no intent on playing for the team, but charging for a tryout is a good way to fold an organization... JMHO

Do you pay to go to the "show case" or exposure events that have college coaches attending?

Some of these teams from the West Coast, who have corporate companies sponsor them pick and invite you to try out and charge you to do it. So IF you think your daughter is that good then you may consider it as an investment.

All the whining about playing time, daddy ball, picking up extra players at the end of the year becomes a mute point when your daughter is that good that teams invite her to try out and IF you think she is that good you will pay for it because you know the exposure she will get playing for them.

It puts a label on "elite" and "gold" and means something making a team like that verses the reality of what the daughters are willing to do and that is work on their own verses just at team practices....this is what separates them when they are willing to work on their own to get better. :D

How can you do your homework without going to a tryout? Are you just going to take the teams word that they're the best thing since sliced bread? God knows a coach never over promised and under delivered. I know I would want to throw down 500 bucks for a tryout with a team looking for two or three players.I'm sure they would'nt let too many kids tryout.

Gee, what a great way to get rid of all those excess pesky young girls thinking about trying travel ball! Then, we can be assured that only those 8 year olds who know that they are going to get a D1 sholarship will try out so nobody's time is wasted.

Afterall, travel ball needs to keep its pipeline clear of those marginal 8 year old recruits.. ;&

You want to stop all the BS with tryout's and jumping teams, ttt, how do you cut a player etc, then do your home work and who are the coaches and organizations and what are they teaching etc?

What if you were charged $500 or more, non refundable fee just for trying out and not even making the team? The money has to be paid up front and no checks accepted!

I bet you would do a little more research and find out who these coaches are and what they are doing to train your kids verses going to 5 try outs and rolling the dice on who will give your daughter the best chance to learn and grow.

If you think your daughter deserves playing time and does little on her own to make it happen, then you probably have $500 dollars to see how good she is don't you! :lmao:

Talk to some of the real elite teams and real gold teams from California and see what they charge for YOU to even try out. It cuts the wasting of each others time to allow your daughter to try out and in most cases possibly wasting your time and theirs in my opinion.

If you think your daughter is that good get your wallets out, no checks and Master card and Visa is accepted :D
Yeah and that would put an end to the "nonsense here too. There might be ten teams in Ohio if $500 was required for a tryout. Maybe the OFC should charge $500 for every tryout listing.

See you Saturday my Brother.......

There is the rub ... You are giving your time this Sat to work with Chris and Tim in selecting our Hawks College Exposure team, your time and our coaches time is valuable ... tryouts should be meaningful and serious not something we flip our kids to when we have no real intent of playing with a team/org. Parents should have been talking to coaches, other parents and networking back in July if they intended to look elsewhere... saves them and the teams they are trying out for a lot of wasted time... BTW: Thanks for giving of your time tomorrow.. tell those tight wads Tim and Chris to take you out for lunch on the 'Hawks afterwards... we will be in Middletown at the other ages, if you want I will be glad to treat you afterwards .. stop down on your way home!

Gee, what a great way to get rid of all those excess pesky young girls thinking about trying travel ball! Then, we can be assured that only those 8 year olds who know that they are going to get a D1 sholarship will try out so nobody's time is wasted.

Afterall, travel ball needs to keep its pipeline clear of those marginal 8 year old recruits.. ;&

I thought that was pretty clever.

What would you call it, PAY TO PLAY, Can't use tryout now:(

Went to one tryout last week and they charged 5.00 to park car.. DD and I left, felt it wasn't worth the tryout to have team penny pinch us before she made the team:rolleyes:

How can you do your homework without going to a tryout? Are you just going to take the teams word that they're the best thing since sliced bread? God knows a coach never over promised and under delivered. I know I would want to throw down 500 bucks for a tryout with a team looking for two or three players.I'm sure they would'nt let too many kids tryout.

Please take what I am about to say with some humor...unless your head is inside a 5 gallon bucket verses your butt sitting on it, you would know the teams record and the schedule they play and their record of where they competed such as ASA, NSA etc. Do you really think 8 to 10 balls off a machine or 10 balls hit to your daughter tells you what the team is or their make up or chemistry is? So they time her ability to run the bases and that will be the final factor in asking her to join the team?

I have girls playing D1 ball through NAIA and they have been with us since they were 12 years old and I know their work ethic and you will have to trust me on this, most kids do not have the work ethic and do not work on their own to get better and improve their game in my opinion to take it to the next level.

The better teams can be selective and could demand the fee or you roll the dice since they can hit off a machine they can't hit off live pitching.

When your daughter turns her head verses going for the ball hit on the ground which one do you think they pick?

Then every coach is a bad person who plays the kid who can play or picks up player to win because (not referring to your daughter) they know who is not playing as well as she did three months ago for some reason!

Most of these elite teams carry 16 to 17 kids and some know they will be no more than bull pen catchers and yet want to be on the best team with the best player and coaches in hopes they will make it to any college they can in my opinion.:D

Are you saying this is the way it should be?

Len

I would NEVER charge for a tryout. I wouldn't mind 1 bit if every 12 year old in NEO came to my tryout and only 10 of them had any intention of playing on my team. They are not wasting my time. I'm out there to teach ball, why not teach to anyone who is willing to come out? We always say even if you don't make our teams, hopefully you learned something at our tryout. I say charge as much as you like, that will send more players my way!!

Do you pay to go to the "show case" or exposure events that have college coaches attending?

Some of these teams from the West Coast, who have corporate companies sponsor them pick and invite you to try out and charge you to do it. So IF you think your daughter is that good then you may consider it as an investment.

All the whining about playing time, daddy ball, picking up extra players at the end of the year becomes a mute point when your daughter is that good that teams invite her to try out and IF you think she is that good you will pay for it because you know the exposure she will get playing for them.

It puts a label on "elite" and "gold" and means something making a team like that verses the reality of what the daughters are willing to do and that is work on their own verses just at team practices....this is what separates them when they are willing to work on their own to get better. :D
My kid is eleven so we dont go to any "showcase' or exposure tourneys. I get it if its an Exposure team or a Gold level team (whatever that means), you dont want middle of the road players crashing a tryout and maybe I didnt give you the chance to explain that. Hopefully this idea is for older kids and very high level teams. If a team is expecting me to give them a wooden nickel at this point for a tryout, I say POUND SALT.

Please take what I am about to say with some humor...unless your head is inside a 5 gallon bucket verses your butt sitting on it, you would know the teams record and the schedule they play and their record of where they competed such as ASA, NSA etc. Do you really think 8 to 10 balls off a machine or 10 balls hit to your daughter tells you what the team is or their make up or chemistry is? So they time her ability to run the bases and that will be the final factor in asking her to join the team?

I have girls playing D1 ball through NAIA and they have been with us since they were 12 years old and I know their work ethic and you will have to trust me on this, most kids do not have the work ethic and do not work on their own to get better and improve their game in my opinion to take it to the next level.

The better teams can be selective and could demand the fee or you roll the dice since they can hit off a machine they can't hit off live pitching.

When your daughter turns her head verses going for the ball hit on the ground which one do you think they pick?

Then every coach is a bad person who plays the kid who can play or picks up player to win because (not referring to your daughter) they know who is not playing as well as she did three months ago for some reason!

Most of these elite teams carry 16 to 17 kids and some know they will be no more than bull pen catchers and yet want to be on the best team with the best player and coaches in hopes they will make it to any college they can in my opinion.:D
Hitter, you say ""you would know the teams record and the schedule they play and their record of where they competed such as ASA, NSA etc."" Can you please tell me how to find this information? It can be hard to find phone numbers for folks much less believe what they say. We got the big Shaft from our team this summer. Coach even said my daughter can't play. They were about 4-13 at the time. I am sure their side of the story is completely different. One real funny thing is that my DD got the toughest teams to pitch against when she did get to play. The fielding was so outrageous when she pitched it looked like Keystone Cops.

I dont think the big guy is suggesting charging for trying out here in Ohio. Hes making a comparison people.....