When playing indoor do you..

have any concerns about staph infections? Are you more concerned when playing on turf than on dirt?

How do you get through to your dd the possible consequences of getting a staph infection? My dd just dismisses me like I am an idiot, so how do I get through to her? I can't even get her to wear baseball socks indoors to help protect her leg when she slides.

3dm
Not sure why you think staff infections would be a problem indoors. Have never heard this before they have been playing indoor stuff for 40 years and hasn't been a problem.

You better take your carpeting out of your house you know how many people get staff infections from sliding down carpeted steps. Those damn rug burns are the leading cause of staph :) just kidding.

3dm
Not sure why you think staff infections would be a problem indoors. Have never heard this before they have been playing indoor stuff for 40 years and hasn't been a problem.

You better take your carpeting out of your house you know how many people get staff infections from sliding down carpeted steps. Those damn rug burns are the leading cause of staph :) just kidding.
You would not laugh if you or a loved one contracted one of the new strains of staph. Or TB. This is one of the reasons I have become very anti-military. They roam the world killing folks to "protect" us from the squeaking oysters under the bed. All the while we are being invaded by diseases that are taking a massive toll in death and suffering.

I make my kid play in a bubble when we do indoor tournaments.:confused:

Last year alone we had three girls on our winter team get staph from the artificial turf burns at the facility we were playing at, this year we moved to a different league. Look at all the artificial turf football fields they have to sterilize every year due to staph outbreaks. It is even worse due to our dd's being so conditioned to scrapes and cuts they may not even pay any attention until it is too late.

Okay, maybe I am being a little too paranoid about this. I just feel it's better to be safe, than sorry.

That's why you should play at the Spano Dome(no carpet there). ;&

You would not laugh if you or a loved one contracted one of the new strains of staph. Or TB. This is one of the reasons I have become very anti-military. They roam the world killing folks to "protect" us from the squeaking oysters under the bed. All the while we are being invaded by diseases that are taking a massive toll in death and suffering.

Did you ever think it might be the squeaking oysters causing all this disease and destruction were suffering from?
Cant trust an oyster, unless is sauteed in butter and garlic or deep fried;)

bennet
Maybe we would better off letting the terrorists take over then we won't have to worry about the staff infections. :(

I would like to comment on this thread but it is so bazaar that I don't know what to say. So, I think I'll just move onto the next quakerflake post.

We just played in an indoor tournament in Garretsville and the place was spotless. So if you are considering playing there I would go for it.... Bennet, calm down a little bit, you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder(past posts bring me to this conclusion)...

I quit eating food because of the possibility of getting e-coli. Just drinking beer now. Never heard of any recalls to beer.

bennet
Maybe we would better off letting the terrorists take over then we won't have to worry about the staff infections. :(

They wouldn't be any problem if we had stayed out of their affairs. We have been over there killing them for near a century to faciliate the THEFT of their oil.

You are anti-military because they TRAVEL ???

:eek::eek::eek:

I just spent the last couple minutes trying to come up with something clever to say - there really is nothing further to add.

They wouldn't be any problem if we had stayed out of their affairs. We have been over there killing them for near a century to faciliate the THEFT of their oil. Today 04:09 PM They wouldn't be any problem if we had stayed out of their affairs. We have been over there killing them for near a century to faciliate the THEFT of their oil. Today 04:09 PMThey wouldn't be any problem if we had stayed out of their affairs. We have been over there killing them for near a century to faciliate the THEFT of their oil.

WTF? apprently you must of subscribed to their news...or drinking too much of their cool aid..

3dm ... this is the 3rd year we have been down there at CSU and haven't had any staph problems that I know of yet. With that being said, we've always advised our girls to wear sweats, which most are happy to do since its pretty cold in there most of the time anyhow. I've also seen a few girls not slide when they should have, just because they know it can burn. You may want to ask some of the coaches at CSU what they do, and I bet they might even be glad to speak with your girls if its truly a risk.

Bats, Staph Infections...your beginning to sound like the lady from the Airplane movies....lol

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/irNKHSbKqL8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/irNKHSbKqL8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Lots and lots of indoor sokkkker played around here for many years and haven't heard much problem from that side.

Might be too cold at CSU for any staph to grow in that carpet. (Not dissing their fields, it's a nice league they run their.)

They wouldn't be any problem if we had stayed out of their affairs. We have been over there killing them for near a century to faciliate the THEFT of their oil.

3/2 ACR - nuff said. I cant believe that you are really that uneducated. CNBC has you brainwashed.

Is this the politics section? Canada has wonderful disease control, a military that doesn't travel so as not to infect the population, and fabulous softball coaches who never play their own kids over much better players. If your that unhappy, there is always something to do about it. ;&

We've never had the staph problem. I've heard of a few football players who got it from the turf, but it hasn't been much of a problem with the softball players. That I've heard of anyway.