12U Coaches Poll Werk #9 (6-19-16) Get Your Votes in!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
12U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Monday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.

You can PM me or email me at: steiner22ja@aol.com

Zoldan9

Reaction score
After a T-5th place finish at Lasers, Ohio Blast '03 went 6-0 this past weekend to win the Ohio Magic ASA ENQ in Boardman. Sunday wins were over Norton Elite, Devils Fast Pitch, and Sluggers '03.

Jayd

Reaction score
Fury Fastpitch 03 was off this past weekend, will be at the Orriville 5 alarm classic.

Storm_sevens

Reaction score
Ohio Storm 03 played in the Sheer Madness tournament over the weekend going 4-2.

Win vs Wolpack-Roby 7-6
Win vs Ohio Outlaws 12U 5-2
Win vs Ohio Stampede 5-1
Win vs Ohio Lightning Gold 11-2
Lost to Vipers 03 6-2
Lost to Michigan Bulldogs 7-1

We are playing close to home this coming weekend in Loudonville.

jg1235

Reaction score
Ohio Lightning Gold played in Sheer Madness Tournament going 2-3 for the weekend. We had wins over Explosive Black, Ohio Ice and we loss to SunDogs Williams, Ohio Storm and Stingrays.

This was a eye opening experience that I hope our girls learned to come to play each and every game because other teams are hungry and are there to compete. I also want to say after playing SunDogs Williams and Ohio Storm '03 I have nothing but respect for those coaches, parents and players. Both your teams played with class and are fundamentally sound with tremendous character.

CarMad

Reaction score
SunDogs 03 won the Championship at Sheer Madness. Went 9-1 in the tournament.

Win vs Lightning Gold
Win vs Explosive
Win vs Stingrays 04 (really tough young team!)
Win vs Mich Bulldogs - Solid team
Loss vs Hurricanes - Sent us to losers bracket 1st game Sunday morn.
Win vs Wolfpack
Win vs Mich Bulldogs
Win vs Hurricanes (Season 3-1 bracket & 1 loss in showcase)
Win vs Vipers (1st Champ game)
Win vs Vipers (if game)

I usually don't say a whole lot other than posting our results but I can't tell you how proud we are of our kids. I certainly agree that any given day the top teams can beat each other but to last all day playing these high level teams was special. We played continuously from 8am to 8pm with no breaks (we tried to squeeze 10 min here and there!) and just kept plugging away. We were down in many games and fought back. Tremendous effort and heart from our girls against great competition.
We are off until Fire in the Sky in Orville.

Last edited:

Vipernation21

Reaction score
Lady Vipers 03 lost twice to Sundogs in the championship of the Sheer Madness Tournament. The first game we lost 5-4 and the game ended with us having the bases loaded. We couldn't get that one last hit. The second game we jumped up 6-0, but Sundogs battled back. Congrats to the Sundogs. They came out of the loser bracket and fought all day. They are a top notch program.

Win vs Lady Bombers 14-1
Win vs Michigan Bulldogs 7-2 (very good out of state team)
Win vs Sundogs 04 11-1
Win vs Explosive Black 9-1
Win vs Ohio Storm 03 6-2
Win vs Hurricanes 1-0

Championship

lost to Sundogs 5-4
lost to Sundogs 15-7

2015-16 tournaments:

1st place - Heart of Ohio
2nd place - Ohio Thunder
2nd place - Marion ASA/USA
3rd place - Lasers
4th place - Dayton Metro
1st place - Bat Wars
2nd place - Sheer Madness

We are in ASA States next week. We have played every weekend since the Akron friendlies. We are a little tired and beat up...

spcsports

Reaction score
SunDogs 04 went 3-3 at Sheer Madness. We had wins over Lake Erie Insanity, Pittsburgh Roadrunners 03', and Cincinnati Doom 03'.. Our losses were to Ohio Hurricanes, Central Ohio Vipers 03 and Michigan Bulldogs..

SunDogs 04' will be at Orrville next weekend

homerin

Reaction score
Wizards elite 03 traveled North of the border last weekend and brought home the Compuware 12U championship trophy. Our girls really enjoyed the environment with teams from all over the Midwest and college coaches everywhere. We were excited to have our roster finally back at full strength, and you could feel our momentum build over the course of the tourney. We had great matchups including two wins over the Laser Nation champs Michigan Hurricanes (that team can flat out hit). The Hurricanes had to knock off the Pro Player Canes from IL in the semis which was a fantastic team with several PGF championships and a win over the Beverly Bandits under their belts. We are looking forward to States this weekend.

Compuware, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place (5-1)
Pool Play
Lost 3-8 to MC Madness (we didn’t wake up until it was too late)
Won 4-0 over Turnin2 04 (scrappy young team that gave people fits)
Won 7-6 over MI Hurricanes

Bracket Play
Won 15-1 over Blaze
Won 7-1 over MC Madness
Won 7-4 over MI Hurricanes

Rose

Reaction score
Ohio Stampede 03 played at Sheer Madness this past weekend. Bracket win over Ice Orange, along with losses to Storm 03 and Mich Bulldogs. Next up for us is 5 Alarm in Orrville this coming weekend.

Caines03

Reaction score
Hurricanes 03 went 4-2 finishing 3rd at sheer madness.

Won both games in pool and won vs wolfpack03 12-5 and Sundogs 03 6-0 in bracket.

Lost to vipers 1-0 on the winners side. Lost on a walk off in bottom of 7. The third and second base were lights out for the vipers. Everything we hit they made great plays. Our hats go off to that team. Well coached and even better at executing.

lost to Sundogs 03 again, in top of 7, 3-2. Our relief pitcher had a wild pitch and Sundogs capitalized. We have played the dogs 4 times this spring. Split the games 2-2 with losses each time by one run. Tons of credit to them
for going all fricken day! They played with a ton of heart.

These 7 inning games test every part of your game.

Looking forward to seeing lasers this weekend at the five alarm!

Last edited:

FastBat

Reaction score
...Sunday wins were over Norton Elite, Devils Fast Pitch, and Sluggers '03.
Those Devils hung with your team for a little while, lol! Blast '03 is a very strong, solid team, in every way; defense, pitching and hitting through your entire line up. I remember some of your player's from a few years ago, oh my, have they grown. Your fourth batter made our fans nervous, tough to pitch to her! It was fun to watch your team! Congrats!

Zoldan9

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, Jen. You have a great team as well. It was close throughout and we had to battle for every run. Good luck in your future tournaments.

snoerr

Reaction score
Ohio Energy 03 finished 2nd at USSSA States in Maumee

Pool Play
Win 8-6 vs Ohio Bulldawgs Elite
Loss 6-5 vs Wizard Legacy
Tie 6-6 vs SGS Magic

Bracket
Win 9-1 vs Cobras
Win 9-0 vs Valley Extreme
Loss 9-6 vs SGS Magic in championship game

Reaction score
Ohio Stingrays 04 played at Sheer Madness this past weekend. Even though we finished the weekend 3-4 it was a great experience for our team. We accomplished our goal and made it through to Sunday's bracket play. Every game was a battle for our young team but they never gave up.

Lost 1-5 to Ohio Outlaws 03
Lost 4-6 to Ohio Wolfpack 03 (fun game, we just couldn't close them out)
Won 13-5 vs. Lake Erie Insanity 03
Lost 2-10 to Ohio Sundogs 03 (Wow, a talented team from top to bottom)
Won 9-4 vs. Ohio Outlaws 03
Won 9-3 vs. Ohio Lightning Gold
Lost 0-8 to Ohio Wolfpack 03

I have to say that we have nothing but respect for all these teams. They are all class acts and have great coaches.

We are off this coming weekend but will be back in action on the weekend of July 4th.

Last edited:

WSHEELY

Reaction score
Sluggers 03 were Ohio Magic ASA runners up...
Pool play:
Won 10-1 vs Ohio Blast 04
Won 4-3 vs Norton Elite
Loss 4-6 vs Ohio Attack
Bracket play:
Won 6-0 vs Pitts Power Wertheimer
Won 6-4 vs Ohio Attack
Loss 7-9 vs Ohio Blast 03

We had great games with some very quality teams. Next up this week is Sluggers ASA in New Middletown..

Softballfarm

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Thunder Elite 03 was off. We are at Sluggers Summer Bash this weekend in New Middletown.

Have a great week.

Reaction score
Thunder Elite 04 enjoyed a week off and will be at the 5-Alarm Classic in Orrville this weekend. Good luck all and travel safe.

Nate