Do you think Summer Season will be cancelled ?

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure he's talking about Lasers. Entry fee $695. Entry form says refunds only for not being selected, and partial refunds for rainouts, ranging from $35 to $245 refunds if 0 games are played. The form says in bold there will be no other refunds. Teams are no doubt scared they will apply this literally and refund $0 if the park is closed.

No, I am scared that Berliner will still be closed and they will keep $450 from every team that paid to play in this event!!! Making more money than if it would have happened!!! (No Cost for Balls, Trophies, etc).
That would absolutely be crazy if this event would not be able to happen because of a Pandemic!!!
I had a coach get upset with me this past year for keeping $25 of entry fee after a rain out. There are costs that TD's are out. Paying an Assignor for instance is one. So during normal times trying to just not lose money. That coach wasn't happy with $25 when many know there is usually a potential $25-$100 fee if cancelled due to weather.

But if someone keeps $450 from over 80 teams - basically $36,000 for nothing knowing we have been shut down for several months. Then you will hear me bitch plenty!!!
I am hoping we are playing and it won't even come into play, which is why I was actually waiting to express my opinion. But if we don't get this event in, I hope they do the right thing!

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
One tournament that has already sent out a schedule has a ridiculous refund policy. It is held at a facility that has all turf fields, so I think many people figured as long as it isn't storming, the event would happen and most were willing to take that chance.
If we are not allowed to play by the time this event is to take place and they keep that same refund due to the first Pandemic in all of our lifetimes - Then teams def need to remember that and make sure no one gives this event money ever again! That will be totally crazy! And while I am hoping we are playing, if not I sure hope this event and leaders Do The Right Thing!!!

You mean the same group that gave no refunds 2 years ago by having teams start games on Sunday to get to 3 total played so they didn't have to refund? Or the same group that played thru a monsoon last fall because it was "turf" when even the officials wanted to get off the field?

Never heard of them. :)

SonicMojo

Reaction score
No, I am scared that Berliner will still be closed and they will keep $450 from every team that paid to play in this event!!! Making more money than if it would have happened!!! (No Cost for Balls, Trophies, etc).
That would absolutely be crazy if this event would not be able to happen because of a Pandemic!!!
I had a coach get upset with me this past year for keeping $25 of entry fee after a rain out. There are costs that TD's are out. Paying an Assignor for instance is one. So during normal times trying to just not lose money. That coach wasn't happy with $25 when many know there is usually a potential $25-$100 fee if cancelled due to weather.

But if someone keeps $450 from over 80 teams - basically $36,000 for nothing knowing we have been shut down for several months. Then you will hear me bitch plenty!!!
I am hoping we are playing and it won't even come into play, which is why I was actually waiting to express my opinion. But if we don't get this event in, I hope they do the right thing!

You mean "yes." That's exactly what I said (except I wouldn't be surprised if they try to keep the entire $695 even if the park is closed).

IRdad09

Reaction score
Here are 2 quotes today from our fearful leaders DeWine and Acton....I will stay optimistic, but not looking good.
“We all love amusement parks. We all love going to baseball games and doing other things,” DeWine said. "But the reality is simply not changed. The reality is we have kept the curve down so our hospitals are not overrun, but we still have the virus out there.”
“I don’t expect we’ll see travel widespread," Acton said. "The things we’re doing now are the things we need to keep doing for several months.”
People won't stand for it in my opinion and that has nothing to do with softball.

Tallmadge Force Gold

Reaction score
not true at all... thats why i am asking to see the research about this. dont be naive. just because you may have had it or thought you had it.... does not mean you cant get it again. there are not enough studies on this yet... please share because i HOPE i am wrong
While that may be true, we are pinning alot of hopes on a vaccine that may never materialize. Listening to the professionals, they believe that there is some immunity with these antibodies and they also believe we can develop a vaccine. Neither are guarantees.

jayflyer98

Reaction score
I was listening as well and those two quotes stood out to me as well... I agree with you IRdad09 that people are not going to like that (even non-softball people) I just wish they would give more info on the plan. When will I be able get a hair cut, when will I get to sit down and eat 10 traditional hot wings with a 22oz beer from Roosters?? I am sorta joking, but sorta not.. My frustration with DeWine and Acton is that their original models were wildly wrong. They were predicting 60K new cases a day WITHOUT social distancing and 10K new cases a day WITH social distancing. We have under 14K total right now in the State and about 1/6 of those are from Prisons and Nursing Homes... The fact that the models were wrong is a good thing!! But admit it and tell me you are trying to figure out why they were so wrong. And what is a realistic path forward based on the new information and stop telling me this is a silent monster like I am 5 years old!

OHsoftball

Reaction score
While that may be true, we are pinning alot of hopes on a vaccine that may never materialize. Listening to the professionals, they believe that there is some immunity with these antibodies and they also believe we can develop a vaccine. Neither are guarantees.

Exactly, and why I keep saying we may be waiting and waiting on something that never happens... continuing to put our lives on hold.. for how long? Forever?

As far as what Acton said today, I take anything she says with a grain of salt. Remember, she was certain 1.2 million Americans would have died by now with mitigation.

IRdad09

Reaction score
I was listening as well and those two quotes stood out to me as well... I agree with you IRdad09 that people are not going to like that (even non-softball people) I just wish they would give more info on the plan. When will I be able get a hair cut, when will I get to sit down and eat 10 traditional hot wings with a 22oz beer from Roosters?? I am sorta joking, but sorta not.. My frustration with DeWine and Acton is that their original models were wildly wrong. They were predicting 60K new cases a day WITHOUT social distancing and 10K new cases a day WITH social distancing. We have under 14K total right now in the State and about 1/6 of those are from Prisons and Nursing Homes... The fact that the models were wrong is a good thing!! But admit it and tell me you are trying to figure out why they were so wrong. And what is a realistic path forward based on the new information and stop telling me this is a silent monster like I am 5 years old!

That is where my frustration lies as well. I feel like there has to be information out there that we are not being told. Why else with such "positive" numbers compared to the models would they want to continue this for "months". I'm glad the models were wrong and I'm by no means suggesting this isn't somewhat serious, but as I have said before, softball or not, we cannot continue to be stuck at home while the economy continues into a nose dive.
P.S. I just looked up Roosters and i'm in whenever we can go again. I had no idea there was one up here in Cleveland.

ohiostingrays

Reaction score
OSU just shut their campus down till July 13th and I just heard from a very reliable source Stingrays Showcase is cancelled for this year.

this damn virus has got to go!

Not sure who that would be, but we have not cancelled anything.
However we will comply with state and local guideline if that time comes.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
I don't believe there's any information that's being withheld. Some just don't want to be wrong about what they believe and can't just admit they were wrong and things are a lot better than they thought. Why else don't we talk about recoveries or hospital discharges?

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score

"OSU just shut their campus down till July 13th and I just heard from a very reliable source Stingrays Showcase is cancelled for this year."

"Not sure who that would be, but we have not cancelled anything.
However we will comply with state and local guideline if that time comes."

Ooops....that "very reliable source" turns out not to be very reliable ;););)

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Here are 2 quotes today from our fearful leaders DeWine and Acton....I will stay optimistic, but not looking good.
“We all love amusement parks. We all love going to baseball games and doing other things,” DeWine said. "But the reality is simply not changed. The reality is we have kept the curve down so our hospitals are not overrun, but we still have the virus out there.”
“I don’t expect we’ll see travel widespread," Acton said. "The things we’re doing now are the things we need to keep doing for several months.”
People won't stand for it in my opinion and that has nothing to do with softball.

If people need to keep doing what they have been doing for several months like Dr. Acton suggests....the nation is in serious, serious trouble and I agree, like you, it
has nothing to do with softball!

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net

"OSU just shut their campus down till July 13th and I just heard from a very reliable source Stingrays Showcase is cancelled for this year."

"Not sure who that would be, but we have not cancelled anything.
However we will comply with state and local guideline if that time comes."

Ooops....that "very reliable source" turns out not to be very reliable ;););)

It is a very reliable source but I will not blast their name out of respect.

Dwheeler83

Reaction score
Let’s start getting back to normal and quit controlling everyone with this virus. It’s unconstitutional and bs. How is it possible that everyone that dies at the hospital is only dying from the corona virus? When people go get tested it takes a couple weeks to get results but if someone dies they know immediately it was corona! Pretty funny how this is working. I’m with Trump on this one! Funny how all the politicians sold there stocks a month before this bs happened. I believe Martha Stewart went to prison for the same thing I believe it’s called insider trading! If you dont want your kid to play that your choice I bet the stands would be a lot quitter without all the cry babies!

RedsDad

Reaction score
It is a very reliable source but I will not blast their name out of respect.
No disrespect intended, but the date you're referencing is incorrect. Not saying things couldn't change as everything evolves, but the current OSU closure is in effect until July 6. I'm my own source on this, as I'm affiliated and receive the relevant emails.

Hopefully that date holds true, and we'll all see one another at the fields.

Robert Reiter

Reaction score
I looked at the OSU Softball Camps. First one is the 2 day elite camp on July 13-14. Next one is July 15. If you go to register it shows all of the camps that are unavailable which you can't register for.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
No disrespect intended, but the date you're referencing is incorrect. Not saying things couldn't change as everything evolves, but the current OSU closure is in effect until July 6. I'm my own source on this, as I'm affiliated and receive the relevant emails.

The Source is very reliable within OSU. I may have had my dates mixed up but he specifically told me a list of things that are to go on that sad to say they will ha e to cancel. That tournament was one in jeopardy.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net

None taken. I have thick skin my brother. As someone stated above you can see you can’t register for camps in July on dates AFTER the 6th. That should be a solid hint my info is accurate. Again out of respect for this person I will not give their name but they hold some clout within the Athletics. They have never fibbed to me yet.

It all Sucks because as someone posted previously there’s 4 phases to this Pandemic. We can all hope and pray we will be in phase 4 by July but highly doubt it. For a BIG tournament to take place we are gonna need to be in Phase 4.

Catcher '08

Reaction score
Well if there is a bunch of teams from a certain Org. pulling new enclosed trailers to tournaments you will know what kind of refund they gave!