12U Coach's Poll - Week 5/5/08

Week of May, 5th. - Looks like a log jam at the top. It'll be interesting when these teams hook up.

RankTeamPts.
1Cincy Doom 95 (2)55
2Valley Extreme White (2) ? ? ? 53
3Stingrays (2)51
4Classics29
5Emeralds26
6Buckeye Heat20
7Laser Gold20
8Wild Thangs16
9Ohio ICE14
10Laser Silver12

Others receiving votes
Cincy Static (11), Roadrunners (Zanesville) (10), Ohio Top Guns (9), Ohio Magic Teal (3), Heart of Ohio 95 (1),

I hope my dd's team can play Cincy Doom someday , her team has beaten V.E. White twice already and it appears most coaches think Doom is better than V.E. White . It seems like it would be a heck of a game . No offence intended towards ANYONE by this post .

WOW!!! How about thet LASERS GOLD! rising in the rankings!
Iteresting in the latest polls the younger Laser teams are getting more love than the older teams in their respective divisions.

2 questions

#1 username , who does your DD play for ?

#2 which team is which for the lasers ? gold 12's silver 11's ? MD

silver is the 12s and gold is the 11s
12s played to good games against the doom and 1and a half againts the stingrays,the season is early and things will shake up alot between now and july.i know the laser silver get to play ve white this weekend

thank you laser parent --Is the Vally Ext organization from the dayton area ?

Valley Extreme White is f/ Cortland area. And yes they will play the lasers silver in pool play on Saturday in the Diamond Dog Classic. I'm looking forward to it.

excuse my ignorance , I'm a relatively new buckeye --where is cortland ? In 3 weeks we will see the Lasers 11's , HOO Ext. , and the Classics in Columbus. MD

Valley Extreme White where can we find your schedule? I looked on your website but could not get it to work.

Who have the Laser Gold played so far and what was the outcome?

VE--who have they played??

How many of the top ten have they played and beat?

No disrespect intended - just asking. Allthough I believe I know the answer.

Valley Extreme fall qualifier.
Spano dome
Boardman - warm up's
our last tournament was rained out.
we try to stay out of this - great group of girls, play well together.

for the sake of disclosure the Scioto Co Wild Thangs have played 1 team in the top 10. Indoors against the Stingrays back in march. Time limit game ended 5-1 Wild Thangs . Looking foward to seeing all other teams that we possibly can. Thats what we have promoted to girls in so. ohio , a chance to play the best if you play with us. We will get a better measuring stick in 3 weeks in Columbus. Until more top teams play each other as june rolls around the poll is just for fun. Really it's just for fun any how. MD

Laser Gold have yet to have there full roster however this will be our first weekend at full roster , Tigertown ) . Early on at the Spano we won 3 games that included a win over the U12 Ice Silver. and at Akron a close loss to the Emeralds,( 6-4 I think). And this past weekend won all 4 games to win an NSA qualifier at Millersport that included 2 wins over a very good Roadrunners team. Also went 2-2 at Indyzone with both losses by 1 run.

I'm not sure Valley Extreme has played any of the top 10 teams. Rick is a great coach with a good bunch of girls who play very solid ball and will be in every game. I'm sure he would agree that any of the top teams could win on any given Sunday. Unfortunatly for those of us up North we don't have the oppurtunity to play Southern teams every weekend. The poll is just for fun to give everyone an idea of who might be the teams to watch. Until we see one team consistantly blowing away the compitition I'm sure the poll will change every week.

Wouldn't it be helpful to have a place on OFC to post scores weekly? ?It is very difficult to review scores from different teams when there is no central depository. ?

I would have a hard time believing college polls if I couldn't watch the games or review scores in the newspaper. ?Likewise it would lend credence to any polls on OFC if I could also easily see who is playing who and what the actual scores were.

As it stands we tend to get a few scores from a few tournaments. ?Team websites are poorly updated and difficult to locate. ?In general it is difficult to keep up with the multitude of teams we have in OH, PA, WV etc.

I know this has come up in past years. ?

valley extreme whitr beat lasers silver at spano in feb in a semi final game

vtail61 said:
Wouldn't it be helpful to have a place on OFC to post scores weekly? ?It is very difficult to review scores from different teams when there is no central depository. ?

I would have a hard time believing college polls if I couldn't watch the games or review scores in the newspaper. ?Likewise it would lend credence to any polls on OFC if I could also easily see who is playing who and what the actual scores were.

As it stands we tend to get a few scores from a few tournaments. ?Team websites are poorly updated and difficult to locate. ?In general it is difficult to keep up with the multitude of teams we have in OH, PA, WV etc.

I know this has come up in past years. ?

I was thinking the same thing!