12U Pre-Season Coaches Poll

Here is the first poll results. We still have some coaches who are interested but have not submitted their picks yet. Still looking for more coaches to participate in the 12U age group and the other groups as well.

Teams Receiving votes. First place votes in ( ).

RankTeamPts.
1Cincy Doom 95 (5)91
2Stingrays (2)80
3Valley Extreme White (1) ? ? ? 71
4Buckeye Heat (1)57
5Classics55
6Roadrunners (Zanesville)42
7Laser Silver40
8Emeralds36
9Ohio Top Guns21
10Laser Gold20

Others receiving votes
Wild Thangs (17), Ohio ICE (11), Heart of Ohio 95 (8), Cincy Static (6), Ohio Danger - Braun (5), HOO - Extreme 11U (2), Heath Crush (2), Ohio Dragons (1)

Out of state teams recieving votes
Indy Diamond Chix (1) (20), MOV Flamin Fury - WV (1) (10), Pittsburg Furies (6), Evolution (4),

Thanks for putting this together. Hopefully more coaches will sign up.

with this now being up it will be interesting to see how the early tournaments go how these standings may change...also gives me something to look at when im at a tourney we may not be playing in...thanks for all those contributing to the cause!!!

I must have missed the poll, was this a pre season ranking poll?? I have a 12U team how do you sign up??

This is good stuff , however as we go along some teams will move up the list , on to the list, and down the list ?I'm sure.

The Cinci Static did not make this list only due to lack of exsposure, this team will move towords ?the ?top quickly as we get along in the season. Would'nt you agree Manito Dan :)

And my DD plays for another team on this list. ?

boldcatcher, you are correct. This is a "pre-season" poll, just like college basketball and football and we know how those polls change from week to week.

Crush, If you are a coach, PM me your top 10 (one thru ten) and I'll add you to the list. I will say that the coaches that have participated so far are from some very well respected organizations and their picks seem to be honest and complete. Still need some more coaches for the other age groups.

only guessing but I'd say that looks pretty good. Not sure if we (wildthangs) belong but thats why we play the games. The thing I'm happiest with is the organization scheduled an A level tourney schedule, giving girls from So. ohio a chance to see where they really stand . Some in our area think because they won a few games at the state LL tourney in the past, or even won the title a time or two, that they can compete with the best travel teams up north. Needless to say they are sadly mistaken. Can't wait to play ! MD

I'll get to check out the rays this weekend in FW , hope that they and the Wild Thangs represent Ohio well. ?We are in different pools , may or may not see each up close. 15 teams playing this weekend. ? Is it too early to be getting excited ? ? They got 2 friday night games , we got sat ?at 7;00am ?>:( >:( ? MD ? Good luck to the Riptides also.

MD,

Do you guys have a complete schedule yet for FW? Are there any other Ohio teams playing up there?

Wild Thangers Stingrays, Riptides from ohio. 15 teams total Ind Thunder 96 won the ASA 10 natl's in Alabama last year , supposed to have hotshot pitcher. Michigan and Pa are sending 1 team each . MD

We faced her two years ago at the Toledo Tune-up when she was a 9 year old. She was tough then. Not real big either but she could throw the ball.

ManitouDan said:
Wild Thangers ?Stingrays, Riptides from ohio. ?15 teams total ? Ind Thunder 96 won the ASA 10 natl's in Alabama last year , supposed to have hotshot pitcher. Michigan and Pa are sending 1 team each . ? MD

She is a lefty also. We saw her the last two years in the Toledo Tuneup. Yes she does throw hard and has a nasty changeup to boot. When talking with her coach two summers ago she was throwing 57mph at the age of 9. She is good!!!!

what's the point value accredited towards, total votes? let us know, ringer

Statman Ray said:
what's the point value accredited towards, total votes? ?let us know, ringer

You get 10 points for a first place vote, 9 points for a second, 8 points for a third, . . . 1 point for a tenth place vote. Then total the points for each team and you have your ranking. ??

this is great, can you put together a 12U preseason all-american team too?

Yes as long as Dad's get unlimited votes ;D lighten up ---the poll is just for fun. no harm no foul MD

I stumbled upon the OFC site a few weeks ago. I'm blown away by the amount of activity on the site.....it's far and away the best resource of it's kind that I've found. I've been a coach with the Indiana Thunder for the past 3+ years (this year with the "93" team). I just wanted to set the record straight regarding our lefty pitcher on the "96" squad. She is a heck of a talent for a first year 12U pitcher but probably was throwing closer to 47mph then 57mph as a 9 year old. Her primary strength lies in the fact that she can locate her pitches better then most anyone her age that I've seen and has natural movement on the ball (can't throw one straight if she tried). Just wanted to temper the expectations, since this will be a transition year with the added distance and 12" ball. She's even a better kid then she is a pitcher, comes from a great family and is willing to work really hard to improve. While I'm sure there are great things in her softball future, keep in mind she just turned 11 and isn't ready for the Olympics yet!

Keep all the great posts coming!

ManitouDan said:
Yes as long as Dad's get unlimited votes ?;D ? ? lighten up ---the poll is just for fun. ? no harm no foul ? ?MD

That's not necessarily true MD. I've been contacted by the Bug Tussle selection commitee. The polls will be used as one of their defining acceptance criteria. There is no fun in travelball, you should know this.