Reaction score
TWO EVENTS IN ONE

GRAND SLAM ASPIRE HIGHER CLINIC FOR 10U, 12U, 14U ATHLETES

2018 USA ALL AMERICAN GAMES TRYOUT FOR REGION 2 OHIO/WEST VIRGINIA 12U ATHLETES

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2017

at OHIO WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Branch Rickey Arena 105 S. Sandusky St. Delaware, Ohio 43015

11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Tryout is for 12U athletes interested in participating USA ALL AMERICAN GAMES that will take place June 29 - July 1st, 2018 in Oklahoma City at the Hall of Fame Stadium.

CLINIC WILL INCLUDE:

INSTRUCTION: Hitting, bunting, base running, throwing, fielding, position fundamentals
Instruction from former and current college players and coaches teaching the game to future softball stars. Learn the fundamental skills from those who have played and coached at the highest level.

INSTRUCTORS:

• Karen Linder, retired Ashland University and KSU coach with 800 college career victories and 12 championship titles, owner of Aspire Higher Softball, Grand Slam instructor, coach of the USA All American Games Region 2 OH/ WV team.

• Sheilah Gulas, retired Ashland University head coach and NFCA Hall of Famer with 900 college career victories

• Nikki Nuzum, Farimont State alum, Assistant coach at Penn State Fayette, pitching coach for the USA All American Games Region 2 OH/WV team, Pro Performance RX Instructor

• Alyssa Kelley, Ashland University alum, GLIAC Player of the Year, Dublin Jerome Head Coach, Grand Slam instructor

• Caitie Kilbane Fackler, KSU alum, Westerville North Head Coach

• Melissa Rennie Basil, OSU catching alum

COST FOR CLINIC: $35
    Clinic is open to 10U, 12U, 14U athletes.
  • FEE TO TRYOUT FOR 12U JUNE 2018 ALL AMERICAN GAMES: $25 includes USA Softball t-shirt Try out is recommended for 11 – 12 year olds who have played at a high travel ball level.
ALL AMERICAN GAMES INFORMATION
The USA Softball All-American Games is a prestigious tournament hosted at the USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City. This event will provide National exposure to elite athletes in the 12u age division and has been designed to identify and highlight the best athletes from across the country. There will be 24 teams selected to represent their geographical area. Only 360 girls Nationwide will have the opportunity to wear the USA Softball Jersey at this elite event.

Ohio/West Virginia will field one team of 15 players. The selection process for Ohio and WV consists of two levels. Any athlete wanting to be considered can participate in a first round clinic/tryout. After the first round of tryouts the best athletes will get invited to a final tryout that will take place in Akron on Sunday, February 18TH. From that event 15 athletes and 3 alternates will be selected to the team that will represent Region 2 in the All American Games that takes place June 15 – 17th. There is a one - time tryout fee of $25 that includes receiving a USA softball t-shirt. Athletes will be responsible for their travel, lodging, and meal expenses.

For more information about last year’s event please check out:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5B4sQic9-Q&app=desktop
www.aspirehighersports.com/blog/www.aspirehighersports.com/blog/
www.facebook.com/usasoftballallamericangames/

TO REGISTER FOR CLINIC AND OR TRYOUT GO TO: www.aspirehighersports.com
For questions: Call Coach Linder at 330-221-5197 or email klinder@aspirehighersports.com

REGISTRATION WILL OPEN UP ON NOVEMBER 11TH

There will be 2 other first round tryout dates in Ohio. We are still determining location and dates.

Last edited:

LadyBombers00

Reaction score
Have been watching the forum for years. Never posted. Love everything about softball ( well not everything, but most of it), have 3 daughters that play. My 3rd daughter had the privilege to go last year with the all-American team. This is a tremendous opportunity. I encourage everyone with an interest to try out. Todd Miller.

reagansdaddy

Reaction score
Like Todd, my daughter had the privilege of playing in the All American Games last year. Lots of things are described as "once in a lifetime opportunities" but this really is. Absolutely amazing experience for the girls and the families.

klinder

Reaction score
I believe the dates of the games has been changed to June 29-July 1, 2018.
I believe the dates of the games has been changed to June 29-July 1, 2018.
I just was notified that the dates have been changed to June 29 to July 1. We are working on a tryout schedule for the winter months and will post as soon as we have other dates and locations finalized. Please be aware our February 18th date for the final selection may be modified.

klinder

Reaction score
I also had a question from a travel coach about how this will impact travel teams. The only weekend an athlete will miss from their travel season would be the June 29 to July 1st weekend. All the other practices would be during the week in May and June when they are out of school.

Reaction score
My daughter also had the privilege of playing in the 12U-All American Games last year. This is no joke a once in a lifetime experience for the girls and the families. There are a very few players EVER get to say they got to play in Oklahoma City, on the Hall of Fame Fields. Karen put together a fantastic group of players. Everything from the bus ride from Ohio to Oklahoma, to the experiences on and off the field was absolutely fantastic. The girls that are given the opprotunity to play in this event without a doubt will never forget it.
There was not as many players at the tryouts as I thought there would be last year but I think the advertising of it is already better this year. I talked to some other parents while there and they said they had close to 300 players at some of their tryouts. I agree with Reagansdaddy, there was about 40 players in the final cut tryout.
The cost for the girls that played was inexpensive but as with everything it was all the extras that got expensive. It was close to $2000 for me to fly the family down. Then you tack on souvenirs, because you have to have those we could have went to Disney for the same money. My daughter will tell you this was Absolutely well worth the experience and I agree. My one word of advise to all the Coach /Dads. Go be DAD and sit back and take it all in. It was the greatest thing I did.

Todd Peterson

Reaction score
There were a lot more than 40 girls at OWU last weekend. I doubt my little monster made it, but she had fun competing with girls so much bigger than her, along with some of her summer teammates...