4Valley Extreme - Heaverly (1)59
5Laser Black40
6Ohio Ice35
7Buckeye Heat '9530
8Doom '9628
9Laser Silver23
10Championship Fastpitch20

Others receiving votes
MC Madness Black (9), Chain Reaction (7), MC Hammers (7), Lake Erie Waves (6), PC Sting (5), EMR (4), Ohio Glory (4), Classics '96 (3), Impact Green (3), OFC Blast (3), Stingrays - Wiley (2), C.O. Vipers (2), Ohio Danger (2),

I can't disagree with this poll, this is pretty close to how I would have it. However, I don't know who I'd remove, but I think EMR has been a top 10 team every time I've seen them this year. I would also like to say, we played mostly in the 14's this year so I cant speak for the teams constantly playing up. The Valley Extreme - Heaverly have been so impressive to watch. Really consistantly good at every tournament I've seen them in. We've enjoyed playing them a few times this year, with mixed results, but I just wanted to let them know that from a consistancy standpoint, I was just so impressed the level they played at all year. Kudos. And kudos to all the teams that have made the list, this list consists of players and coaches who have worked their butts off for a long time.

Good luck to all the teams heading off in a couple weeks to nationals. I wish success for all of you!

Looks like we were 7-9-1 vs the top 10, with most of the losses going down to the last out. That kind of sums up our season, very inconsistent.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at GAPSS and ASA Nationals and good luck to all!

Next year the 96 teams will be tuff again:
Lasers Gold
Doom96
Lasers Black

Classics96
Impact Green
CO Vipers
Chain Reaction

Who else??

Next year the 96 teams will be tought again:
Lasers Gold
Doom96
Lasers Black
Lasers Silver
Classics96
Impact Green
CO Vipers
Chain Reaction

Who else??

Not Lasers Silver

EMR has a good 96 team. Also the Valley Extreme 96 team is tough although they didn't play a very big schedule as 13s. Heart of Ohio, Ohio Swarm, Buckeye Heat Toledo was an impressive young team. Riptides, NEO Dynamite

JEMII, that's an interesting look:

Intensity 0-3
Lasers Gold 1-0
Doom 95 1-1
Valley Extreme 1-2
Ohio Ice 1-0
Buckeye Heat 2-0
Doom96 3-1
Lasers Silver DNP
Championship 1-1 (fall)
PC Sting 1-0

I know everyone says these poles are popularity contests but I think they are pretty accurate. I also think its a shame that we didn't get to play more teams on the list, I know in some cases it was just the luck of the pool and bracket draws but in some cases if you want to be on the list, you need to play on the big stage. I'll give a shout out to the Riptides for example, not on the list but played a tough schedule. They will be better for it.

I agree with that^^.. Riptides are definately a tuff team. Wow, 96 was a good year for softball babies!

Ohio Swarm 14u looking forward to this weekend at the GAPSS. Coming off 3 strong finishes and playing well. 2 teams from top 10 first day should be a good test. Will be moving up next year to 16u.

I would have thought EMR would have received more votes and not just out of pity for FrontRow getting his bucket ripped off. hehehe. Strong 96 team.

JMHO HERE,
Emr 96, Valley Xtreme 96 ,Classics96 and C.O. Vipers are all very solid teams, but probably didnt get the recognition they deserved cause they werent in alot of the Higher more profiled tournaments- ex- Laser Nation, ASA States and etc. Laser's Gold also did not get to play alot of the top 10 teams simply because we were playing 16u and 18u most of the season. Good luck to all the Ohio teams at Nationals !!

Next year the 96 teams will be tuff again:
Lasers Gold
Doom96
Lasers Black

Classics96
Impact Green
CO Vipers
Chain Reaction

Who else??

Yes, our Valley Extreme 96 team should also be a team to contend with next year. Chain Reaction is a 95 team not a 96.

Wow, so 96's to watch:
Laser Gold
Laser Black
Doom96
Classics 96
Valley Extreme
EMR
CO Vipers
CO Heat
Riptides
Impact Green
NEO Dynamite
Buckeye Heat- Tol

ASA states:Sign em up!

jmsmithers:

I'm thinking that ASA States may be the only time some of these teams play 14U. We expect to see them at 16U next year, if they aren't playing 18U. :)

I would have thought EMR would have received more votes and not just out of pity for FrontRow getting his bucket ripped off. hehehe. Strong 96 team.

Hey Tom,
I know this much, whoever stole my bucket didn't make that list!! I jinxed (Spelling) them.
Good Luck in Indy this weekend, Hope to see you over there.

Team to watch, 14u madness black, record closing in on 50-4, they have only lost to 1 team from Ohio, valley extreme in the first tourn semis. 2 to New york teams in finals, 1 to Pittsburgh Power in finals. GAPPS might be last chance to see them. I would look for them in the finals.They are going to ASA nationals Maryland and Queen of Diamonds in South Carolina.They are deep in strong pitching that has helped them through the 5 game days in the 90 degree heat.The defence gives little,your credit if you score any on them. jmo

Agree that Madness Black should have probably made the top 10. I'm no homer, they have been a very well kept secret this year. They do the little things well and those ladies have worked hard this year. Solid group, they will really see where they are at this weekend at Gapss.

Who have they played in the top ten other than Valley Extreme? Did they play ASA states? You would probably have to play and beat some top ten teams to be considered a top ten team I would think. JMO

saw a 1/2 inning , looked like they had a pitcher throwing some good heat. Saw the end of the ITB vs Championship Fastpitch

Cgs,

I agree with you on the 16/18u tournament thing. It is hard to gauge but you MUST play in quality tournaments that are above allowing a large number of rec ball/community teams in. Also at this age you must consider showcase tournaments so the kids get the exposure for colleges. Its not about trophy hunting anymore. The ultimate goal should be to qualify for ASA "A" nationals to make your team better. If anyone has looked at the list there are some outstanding teams in Moline.

Having played them, I agree nice team. We had a very good game vs. them - even if both of us would have won the game if we executed a bunt. However, the comments about who have you played applies here for sure. You have to play the best to measure yourself up. If you are going to LaPlatta - look forward to seeing you again.