Biggest Dislike of Travel Softball

Discussion in 'Rants 'n Raves - open' started by Strohbro, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Strohbro

Strohbro Active Member

I saw this on another site and thought it was interesting. I don't believe this has ever been brought up here. Plus I am bored and need some softball fill.

4baseaward likes this.
  2. Captain_Thunder

Captain_Thunder Well-Known Member Staff Member

Mark, so no one thinks I have favorites.... I will say the same to you as I say to others. Give us yours to start it!

3. Strohbro

Strohbro Active Member

Simple enough.....Stay to Play. Hate everything about it. All it does is hinder teams/parents from allowing them to stay where they would like to. It's a scam/money grab for TD's.

4. Wishuwereme

Wishuwereme Member

I’m bored too, so wth I’ll play along.

I agree with Strohbro, and I’d like to add my own. Teams, players, and parents that have unrealistic expectations. Teams, build your resumes before complaining about being on “feature fields”. Parents and players if they/you aren’t working all year at your craft, don’t get mad when you’re sitting and not playing.

Allforthegirls, bowmer and Strohbro like this.
  5. lakesoftballfan

lakesoftballfan New Member

6. OhPhat

OhPhat Member

“no coolers” allowed venues and TDs totally in it for the money so they are willing to use some horrible unkept fields

joanntwit, hammerhead20 and Strohbro like this.
  7. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Timed games. I understand the reason why, so no need to explain. But don't advertise a 7 game guarantee with an hour twenty drop dead. My 12u daughter played 8 games last year one weekend. It totalled 26 innings. What that translates to is that they charge more, and umpires are very happy.

jbeitzinger and OhPhat like this.
  8. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Overall costs. It's getting stupid.

9. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

The number of sanctioning bodies.
    (I'm on fire)

10. DanMaz

DanMaz Active Member

when it ends

Rotte, Stefwee1, jbeitzinger and 3 others like this.
  11. coachjwb

coachjwb Well-Known Member

Parents who are so obsessed with their DD's getting college scholarships (often unrealistically) that they make it miserable for the other parents, the coaches, and worst of all their own DD's.

12. 0203bbmom

0203bbmom Member

The stigma some parents and players have that if you don't go D1 (whether the player WANTS to or not) you are less of a player, team mate, or athlete.

13. VE_05

VE_05 Member

Parents unneeded drama. Let the coach coach. If you don' like his style, move on.

Rich M, Zoran, PJM and 3 others like this.
  14. SOFTBALLS14

SOFTBALLS14 Member

The End of Season! Need to move south so it can never end!! LOL :)

Zoran, tankerlab, Stefwee1 and 4 others like this.
  15. First2Third

First2Third Member

Coaches who don't immediately (or ever) forward emails to the entire team which he receives from the TD which include schedule, rules, etc.

allcorners likes this.
  16. sbcraz

sbcraz New Member

Arrogant Coaches that walk around thinking they are Bill Belichick and that they have Tom Brady on the mound. Come on its travel SB not the Superbowl. #behumble #bearolemodel #putitalloutonthefield

her mom, jbeitzinger, lewam3 and 5 others like this.
  17. VE_05

VE_05 Member

I have one more. Parents who refuse to communicate with the coach even though he has REPEATEDLY ask for a reply message. Lol

18. softballfan27

softballfan27 New Member

Coaches who take more than 11 players. Coaches that don't play all kids in pool play. Coaches that fill positions of players who have never played that position.

19. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

When the coach asks a question in a group text, and everyone responds to the group. PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM!

20. streak2010

streak2010 Active Member

The word “stud” for pitcher.

I second the “stay to play” money grab.

Wrist bands

jbeitzinger likes this.