College Bound Jocks

Shane

Reaction score
Any sense about the service provided by "College Bound Jocks" when it comes to assisting your DD reaching the college level?

c12los

Reaction score
Any sense about the service provided by "College Bound Jocks" when it comes to assisting your DD reaching the college level?

Brian Chidester founder and CEO of College Bound Jocks, has a ton of connections to DI, DII, DIII, NAIA softball coaches. His experience with the game of softball has strong roots from his daughter being an All American at Michigan and current Team USA player, Amanda Chidester and also his son being a college softball coach. My daughter received a lot attention and invites to camps from college coaches after watching the video Brian Chidester of College Bound Jocks shot for my DD. One coach in particular was very interested and constantly emailed her travel ball coach. DD made the trip to the camp and loved the campus and coach. DD kept in contact with that coach and before the next camp she attended she was offered a scholarship to play DI softball.

Shane

Reaction score
Exactly the type of information I was looking for c12los, thank you!!

Shane

Reaction score
Not at all maddball44, just was looking for some intel from folks that maybe have already traveled down the recruiting trail.

SOFTBALLS14

Reaction score
Website
www.mvxpress.com
Nothing these groups do that you can't do yourself. :D Mainly by going to camps and talking to college coaches that you are interested in attending. Plus having your coaches talk to them also. Save your money do the work! Push your DD to get out there and contact coaches.
It can happen and has for a lot of our players who have done it all without these groups.
It does take some work but is well worth it. Had two sign today one from Lakota East (going to Cleveland State) and one from Beavercreek (going to Bethany Univesity) So from any division it can be done!! JMO :cool:

c12los

Reaction score
Nothing these groups do that you can't do yourself. :D Mainly by going to camps and talking to college coaches that you are interested in attending. Plus having your coaches talk to them also. Save your money do the work! Push your DD to get out there and contact coaches.
It can happen and has for a lot of our players who have done it all without these groups.
It does take some work but is well worth it. Had two sign today one from Lakota East (going to Cleveland State) and one from Beavercreek (going to Bethany Univesity) So from any division it can be done!! JMO :cool:

Yes, you are absolutely right. Could I have shot a video of my daughter and sent it out to colleges that she was interested in? Sure. What if the colleges she was interested in, were not interested in her? Does she keep going to the camps to waste time and money and hopefully they change their mind? Brian Chidester will ask what schools you are interested in and will let you know if he thinks if you are talented enough to play at that school, what the team needs are for that school for your class, and how many kids the school is looking at for that position. Having travel ball coaches talk to college coaches is an option, but I only know a few org’s that have coaches reach out to college coaches. Those org’s are well known and successful in the softball community. Having a coach who is respected and recognized by college coaches who can plant that seed or “get you the interview” with college coaches is great. There are only a few coaches that have that influence. Although Brian is not a coach, he can “get you the interview”. Yes, your DD has to work hard because once she has that interview (coach comes to watch a game or coach invites you to a camp) she must do her thing and impress. Push your DD to get out there and contact coaches is great and you should do that. But it would be nice to know what schools she should contact and if they are in need of the position your DD plays for her year. It has happened for a ton of girls who have done it themselves, and I have also seen College Bound Jock players get recruited before elite players who have done it themselves too. Any questions on recruiting, college coaches, ACT & SAT questions, and just about anything that has to do with the game I have reached out to Brian Chidester and he is always open. So not only did I get a video, I received answers to a bunch of questions and some great advice along the way. He also worked with the college coach on her offer when it came down. I didn't know what questions to ask about the offer and all that goes into it. Brian helped my DD with that aspect too.

Last edited:

GeneralsDad

Reaction score
I feel the thread/subject brings up some very valid points. I know girls who were very successful in the recruiting process with the help of a knowledgable and well connected coach. I know girls who were very successful with the help of a recruiting service. There are so many different scenarios to examine, and no 2 are alike. One thing for sure, as there is money/profit involved, there are many scams and worthless services out there. It's the responsibility of the parents to thoroughly research the value and success of the service. Don't take the word of the recruiter. If they are worth it there will be evidence to back up their claims. At the same time just because it worked for Suzie, doesn't mean it's right for Sally. Just because Sally's dad or coach says it's not worth it doesn't mean it's wrong for your family. In summary, yes it works, it's not for everyone, there are more bad than good. I will add that the right recruiter can and will do so much more than a player can do on their own.

Last edited:

JoeA1010

Reaction score
College Bound Jocks is the only one that I will open every e-mail and take a close look. If I like what I see, I e-mail or call Brian. I just had a girl on campus today for a visit after getting her video and profile about 10 days ago from College Bound Jocks. Brian started off in Michigan and still has mostly Michigan clients, but has expanded into Ohio quite a bit.

Brian has been around college softball and knows where a player should land and knows what type of student and player most of us coaches prefer. Yes, you can do everything he does, but he can make life a lot easier and give coaches an objective opinion, which a parent can't do.

Shane

Reaction score
College Bound Jocks is the only one that I will open every e-mail and take a close look. If I like what I see, I e-mail or call Brian. I just had a girl on campus today for a visit after getting her video and profile about 10 days ago from College Bound Jocks. Brian started off in Michigan and still has mostly Michigan clients, but has expanded into Ohio quite a bit.

Brian has been around college softball and knows where a player should land and knows what type of student and player most of us coaches prefer. Yes, you can do everything he does, but he can make life a lot easier and give coaches an objective opinion, which a parent can't do.

Thanks JoeA1010 for providing the perspective from the college campus. This thread has been informative. I will be attending a seminar hosted by College Bound Jocks next week and just wanted to do a little homework before hand.

Shane

Reaction score
I did attend the seminar hosted by "College Bound Jocks" and walked away impressed with their service. My DD has a few years before we venture down the college recruitment road but my 13 year old son might be a customer on the baseball side of things.