Here we goooo

Its finally here, the first day of HS practice, at least for my DD. What are your expectations, hopes and dreams for the season? My dreams are that my DD finally see's the mound as a signed senior, we make it farther then regionals, it doesn't snow during a game and the monsoons hold off.

Hoping my HS DD makes Varsity or Swing after the *bleeping* school play is over. Also hoping my college DD relaxes today as she is getting her first college start at first base (normally an outfielder). Hoping the HS coaches don't undo all of the excellent instruction my DD received the past 5 months.

My hope is that my dd enjoys her HS year. I hope her confidence and leadership skills continue to build. She's only a freshmen so I hope she loves HS ball!!!

I hope i get my players back the way i just left them, and they dont pick up bad habits.

Its finally here, the first day of HS practice, at least for my DD. What are your expectations, hopes and dreams for the season? My dreams are that my DD finally see's the mound as a signed senior, we make it farther then regionals, it doesn't snow during a game and the monsoons hold off.
Tell money to keep one eye on her bat, I might be sneaking around.

I don't have high expectations for our High School team so I just hope that she along with all the other girls at our school and yours stay healthy for when the good stuff starts in June.

I hope everyone does well but I must say that the drama will officially begin today, which is the curse for most h.s. teams. I know my daughters team is full of upper classman that can play ball and I am expecting a good run at state this year. They have a nice mixture of speed and power. It will be interesting to see how the new coach handles it.

My DD is a senior, so I hope she finishes her HS career with a great season.

me too So Cal . Been a roller coaster ride , last year the cart went off the tracks . freshman , soph years were great . Jr year was team drama all year .

I hope i get my players back the way i just left them, and they dont pick up bad habits.

You know better than that. You would have a better chance of selling an air conditioner to an Eskimo at the north pole in mid Jan.

I hope my DD, a freshman, enjoys and appreciate the entire experience. I hope she socks it all in, the good and bad, and takes it all to heart. I still remember my freshman year, a senior told us the first day, "You will have illicit affairs with a fella named Ben Gay". I have no idea how I remember that from twenty blah blah years ago, but it is a fond memory. My hope for DD is that twenty blah blah years from now, she has memories like that to share.

I hope my Freshman DD has a good experience, does NOT get hurt (or Julie will kill her), and makes the kind of friends that will last a lifetime.

HS ball starts today and hope my DD and her team have a successful season. We told her to enjoy the season playing with her school teammates & make some good memories. And as other people posted, try to minimize the bad habits.

Looking forward to my DD having fun this year. Her and her best friend had awesome years as Freshman last year. Her buddy got Team MVP and my DD got Offensive MVP.

She is taking on more leadership this year and has much more swagger. It is funny but as they say the girls either go up or down once they hit HS. My DD loves softball more than ever and works out on her own. Now lets see what the 7th and 8th graders do once they hit HS.

This season will probably stink for the team but next season my future 9th grader is on a loaded class of players. So I expect them to be pretty good for the duration once she hits the HS.

Hoping the Junior year drama is nothing but a horrible nightmare and DD realizes that since high school ball is not what got her to the next level, she can relax and let tryouts be just another opportunity to practice. If she makes the team, the senior season will be just another way to stay active until the real challenge begins in June.