Hitting and Hitters Discussion hitting coaches -central ohio

can someone give me some good hitting coaches located in central ohio for our team to go to that wont break the bank , thank you !! ;D

Not sure what the going rate is, but I've heard good things about Stacy Roth.

All Star Sports
3700 Parkway Lane, Unit L
Hilliard, Ohio 43206
614-876-4487

Stacy Roth teaches rotational-style hitting. She also teaches catchers. I can't remember the exact rate, but it is somewhere around $30/half hour with a break if you buy five lessons.

Stacy played for Ohio State. My daughter has been going to Stacy for almost a year and she has really helped with all aspects of the game.

Also All-Stars Family Sports
6124 Busch Blvd
Columbus (next to the Continent)

Kori Zwilling

She is a coach for softball at Columbus State.

Phone number is 614-431-8881.

My daughter started taking lessons from her, and she is really knowledgable. And my daughter really enjoys the lessons with her.

Hitters Headquarters
Just off I-71 and State Route 61
Marengo, OH
419-253-0801

Rhonda Randolph (and Les)

Both have been my daughter's hitting instructors for the last couple years. She loves the way they teach and has become successful at the plate.

The best hitting instructor I have seen is Dan Briggs at Big League Basball School. Dan played 15+/- years in the major leagues and has another 10-12 years teaching experience. He works almost exclusively with girls. I have coached girls for 6 years and have seen allot that have gone to different instructors or have been coached by self proclaimed hitting instructors and by far the girls that hit the best consistently have been instructed by Dan.

Big League Baseball School
7046 Worthington-Galena Rd.
Worthington, Ohio 43085
614-433-9980

Zack at Grand Slam in Westerville is a very good hitting coach that "breaks" it down for the girls in "make sense" ways for the girls. You need to call Grand Slam 890.7526 to get details on his history and experience. I have observed him work with my DD and several other girls and they have all responded well. We are new to his instruction so I can't give you a "long range" perspective!

pacaba_ coach,

Dan charges approx. $35/ 1/2 hour. He may offer discounts for quanity lessons. The girls that I have coached including my daughter (3 years + with Dan) have hit .400 + with on base percentages of .500 + and only strike out approx. 10% of the time. Obviously, the girls have to have some ability, but I would put the consistency of Dan's girls numbers against any other instructor in central Ohio. I'm not saying that there aren't other good instructors in central Ohio, I just have not seen many girls that put up the cosistent numbers and I've seen plenty of girls in travel ball that have hitting coaches. As they say the proof is in the pudding.

Re: hitting coaches -central ohio

Hmmmm......any of these people still giving hitting instructions???

LK - Don't you use Howard in Cinci?

My daughter has been going to Larry Thomas in Grove City for a year...great guy, very good price! She has seen great improvement and really respects him.

Sammy said:
LK - Don't you use Howard in Cinci?

YES....and the results have been outstanding!!!
After talking with Howard for several months, about hitting, and the frustration I was going through with other hitting instructors and online "gurus," and the barriers my own daughter and I had come up against, while working with each other, Howard invited us down for a lesson. So roughly 5 months ago, my DD, varsity assistant coach and myself ventured to Howards for what turned out to be a 9 hour hitting marathon, and we have never looked back. We have now went down on 2 other occasions for sessions, and are steadily seeing improvement. The stats don't lie!!!!
2007 2008
AVG .324 .457
AB 74 70
RBI 17 23
BB 6 10
K 13 10
H 24 32
2B 5 8
3B 3 3
HR 0 2
TB 35 52
OB% .386 .549
SLG% .473 .743

Thanks Howard!!!!

Wow Great Job by Taylor. Dad and coach can be proud of those numbers!

LADY_KNIGHTS said:
[quote author=Sammy link=1125323729/0#15 date=1210610231]LK - Don't you use Howard in Cinci?

YES....and the results have been outstanding!!! ?
After talking with Howard for several months, about hitting, and the frustration I was going through with other hitting instructors and online "gurus," and the barriers my own daughter and I had come up against, while working with each other, Howard invited us down for a lesson. ?So roughly 5 months ago, my DD, varsity assistant coach and myself ventured to Howards for what turned out to be a 9 hour hitting marathon, and we have never looked back. ?We have now went down on 2 other occasions for sessions, and are steadily seeing improvement. ?The stats don't lie!!!!
? ?2007 ?2008
AVG ? .324 ?.457
AB 74 ? ? 70
RBI ? ? 17 ? ? 23
BB 6 10
K ?13 ? ?10
H ?24 32
2B 5 ?8
3B 3 ? 3
HR 0 ? 2
TB 35 52
OB% ? .386 ? .549