USSSA Tournament Is this a scam???

We got a letter today saying our DD "has been selected to be included in the 2013 Edition of "The Best Players in USSSA Fast Pitch Softball". Has anyone heard of this? I'm concerned this is one of those offers that makes it sound like some great honor but all they want is your money ($59.95) to purchase the optional book. Thoughts anyone...:confused:

Not scam, it is like the business professionals "who's who" or the students "who's who" - but it looks like USSSA got a hold of a bunch of mailing lists. Many from our team got it as well.

DD received one too... It did not come in bulk mail. Still not sure about it. Would love to hear more thoughts on this. Thanks!

Not a scam. Did this for oldest dd years ago. It is a USSSA sports book with their name in it. It is kinda cool for them seeing their name in the book with the other athletes but as a parent it is a way for USSSA to make money. We thought it was a good present for grandma's and grandpa's at Christmas. This is why we bought one.

While I won't use the word scam, honestly it's just a money maker and not a true honor. As good as a player as your DD might be, they're just sending out to a mailing list they have in order to make some bucks ... I've seen it in high school, college, sports and business. I hate to be blunt but if I got that as a gift from the parents of my grandchildren, I would be disappointed ... for probably less than half of the $60, I'd rather just have a nice school or sports picture with a frame. Just my opinion ... I hope I don't offend anyone, as that's certainly not my purpose or the way I operate ...

coachjwb that is because you know exactly what it is. Not all grandparents can follow this game like us or others. They also like reading their grandkids names in a book as well. Not being negative toward you but it is good for some and not good for others.

Not a scam ,but not an honor either. If they already have her name, she should be in there already, not having to pay for it. We have received one the past 2 years, and they go straight to the can. Their initials should read U$$$A!

Static ... no worries and no offense taken ... and none was meant to you or others either ... just giving my opinion to the OP. Generally speaking, I think the stuff they send out to get people to go for what they're selling is misleading at best, but in the end if you get a book that grandparents or others are excited about, then it may well be worth it to some. I will admit that my mom would be as well. Unfortunately, if the person who is excited about it "brags" about it to others, someone else who knows what it is may tell them their similar opinion as well ... but I wouldn't be that guy to do that ...

Got one also, dd hasn't even played in a u trip tourney since 12u ball. So how did they follow her with her great accomplishments? IMHO not worth the 60 bucks.

All I have to say is my son received one for baseball and he hasn't played in 5 years so take it for what it is worth.