nice medium bats?

for 10u and 12u girls that dont buy the high-priced bats what is some good suggestions for some medium priced bats ? thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

When my DD was younger she just loved the ugly green $30 Easton Cyclone she had. She tried the 777 and the Connection and some TPS bats, but kept coming back to the "green monster".

I think the Easton Triple 7 is a great all around bat. It is light (-11.5 drop) for the younger player but can still be used by the older more experienced player. It has been a very durable bat for my DD using it in all kinds of weather including batting cages. It was her first bat as a U-12 and she has since played 2 seasons at u-14. She keeps it in her bag and still pulls it out on a rare occasion just to change things up. After having it three years she still hit 2 home runs with it when the weather was too cold for her Anderson RT bat. I don't think you could go wrong with this bat with the ages your looking at.

I have to agree with the Swing Doctor on this one. The Easton Cyclone "green monster" is probably the best all around bat in the low to medium price range. You can't beat the performance for the money, we paid $20 at a local sporting goods store for ours almost 4 years ago and it is still going strong.

Copper684 you should have played the lottery the day you bought that 777, from my experience the only advantage to dragging that scrap pile around is you hardly notice it in the bag because it's so light.

My DD uses a TPS Platinum and is very happy with it. I got it off of eBay for around $70. The Easton Triple 7 is very popular too. At our Fall Ball games this weekend I looked at the bat rack and there were 3 Triple 7's in 3 different sizes lined up like a display.

If a display like you describe is any indication of the best bat then I would have to go with what I saw this past weekend at our fallball game. 8 rockets lined up nice and neat and yes this is a local rec team. That is a sight to see. Kinda brings a tear to your eye (well at least to the other team). Almost forgot to mention most of these were the budget priced cage bats from Anderson.

I believe the inquiry was for a good medium priced bat for younger players.....most kids really need to be strong experenced players before you spend the major bucks on a RT or Synergy etc. also unless a kid has a good strong level swing all a RT is good for is really high pop ups....great for fielding practice but for a young kid to play with they may be more successful with a balanced bat.....JMO

Pathetic said:
Copper684 you should have played the lottery the day you bought that 777, from my experience the only advantage to dragging that scrap pile around is you hardly notice it in the bag because it's so light.

Pathetic,
My DD hit a homerun over a 200 ft. fence with her scrap pile 777 this past weekend. Was SWEET! Her Syrnergy bat wasn't awake yet, so she pulled that light piece of scrap out of her bag and got the job done ;D

The 888 is also a good, medium priced bat and they are still out there and only in the $50.00 to $70.00 range.

Louisville Slugger Platinum TPS for around $100 is a very nice bat for the buck and has alot of pop to it. My DD has one in her bat bag right beside her new Synergy.

I shouldnt keep giving my secrets away to you guys,But I will cause Im a nice guy.You can take all your 7777777. cyclopses,sluggers whatever other scrap you have melt them down maybe collect a few cans and cash them in for $$ and purchase an AWESOME 50$$$ cage ROCKETECK that one of the other posters refered to and you WILL BE MILES AHEAD.