OHSAA State Tourney

OhPhat

Reaction score
With the OHSAA state tourney starting this week, who are the teams to watch?

BruisedShins

Reaction score
2022-Poll-Week-4-Results-2022-2543x3875.jpg

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Anyone in the Top 10 has a chance.

I will say in D1 standings, I feel Teays Valley is overrated and should not be ranked that high. They have played a weak schedule.

Gahanna Lincoln is out there and not in the top 10. I pick them as my sleeper to make some noise.

However...... I'm gonna stick with my Heart and Pick Lancaster as my favorite.
They have great coaching, Deep Lineup, and Nasty 1-2 punch in the Circle.
Lancaster has 2 of the Best HS pitchers in Ohio. They work well as a duo too. (sophmore) Reese Poston & (freshman) Ashlyn Mowrey.
Their Lineup is Deep. Power or Speed from top to bottom. The Defense is on point. Fun team to watch and I see them going deep and winning if they stay focused and keep their eye on the prize.

Watkins Memorial. Again great staff, great pitching, and great lineup. This team knows how to win.

Anthony Wayne- Overrated. IMO.

Austintown Fitch- Great Pitching but very hittable. I think they will make it deep but lose to a superior hitting team.

D2 sleeper, Lexington Softball. Not saying they will win it all, Just saying they looked really good when I went out and watched them beat Mount Vernon.

Johnathan Alder Looks good as always.
John Glenn looks good this year too.

I have watched over 30 HS Varsity softball games this season and there's alot of good teams out there. Should be a Fun May!!

Good Luck to ALL teams!

VE_05

Reaction score
Anyone in the Top 10 has a chance.

I will say in D1 standings, I feel Teays Valley is overrated and should not be ranked that high. They have played a weak schedule.

Gahanna Lincoln is out there and not in the top 10. I pick them as my sleeper to make some noise.

However...... I'm gonna stick with my Heart and Pick Lancaster as my favorite.
They have great coaching, Deep Lineup, and Nasty 1-2 punch in the Circle.
Lancaster has 2 of the Best HS pitchers in Ohio. They work well as a duo too. (sophmore) Reese Poston & (freshman) Ashlyn Mowrey.
Their Lineup is Deep. Power or Speed from top to bottom. The Defense is on point. Fun team to watch and I see them going deep and winning if they stay focused and keep their eye on the prize.

Watkins Memorial. Again great staff, great pitching, and great lineup. This team knows how to win.

Anthony Wayne- Overrated. IMO.

Austintown Fitch- Great Pitching but very hittable. I think they will make it deep but lose to a superior hitting team.

D2 sleeper, Lexington Softball. Not saying they will win it all, Just saying they looked really good when I went out and watched them beat Mount Vernon.

Johnathan Alder Looks good as always.
John Glenn looks good this year too.

I have watched over 30 HS Varsity softball games this season and there's alot of good teams out there. Should be a Fun May!!

Good Luck to ALL teams!

I'll start off by saying I'm a fan of the GIRLS who are playing softball for teays valley and that is all. They are a good group of athletes who have potential to really finish in the top 16 as long as they keep there head into it. They would need to beat some good quality teams to go far..

With that said, You say they play a week schedule. Have you looked at all the teams (aside from league games) they have scheduled this year? I'll list them for you

Marysville- L 4-5
Grove city- W 16-1
Hillard Darby- W 20-0
Groveport- W 7-3
Jonathon alder- W 4-3
Wheelersburg- W10-5
Walsh Jesuit- W 6-3
Lakewood- Cancelled
Beavercreek- cancelled
Lancaster- L 4-3
North Union- W 10-0
Heath- W 8-0
Mason- Cancelled
Lebanon- Cancelled

I know there league is not the strongest, Bloom carroll being there toughest battler (Lexi Paulson pitching OSU commit) but they Schedule alot of ranked teams.

While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about being over ranked, They have tried to play a tough schedule but 4 games was rained out. They have the team talent, like i said, to do very good.

I will agree that Lancaster and watkins will be a great battle. They have GREAT coaches and play as a team.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I'll start off by saying I'm a fan of the GIRLS who are playing softball for teays valley and that is all. They are a good group of athletes who have potential to really finish in the top 16 as long as they keep there head into it. They would need to beat some good quality teams to go far..

With that said, You say they play a week schedule. Have you looked at all the teams (aside from league games) they have scheduled this year? I'll list them for you

Marysville- L 4-5
Grove city- W 16-1
Hillard Darby- W 20-0
Groveport- W 7-3
Jonathon alder- W 4-3
Wheelersburg- W10-5
Walsh Jesuit- W 6-3
Lakewood- Cancelled
Beavercreek- cancelled
Lancaster- L 4-3
North Union- W 10-0
Heath- W 8-0
Mason- Cancelled
Lebanon- Cancelled

I know there league is not the strongest, Bloom carroll being there toughest battler (Lexi Paulson pitching OSU commit) but they Schedule alot of ranked teams.

While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about being over ranked, They have tried to play a tough schedule but 4 games was rained out. They have the team talent, like i said, to do very good.

I will agree that Lancaster and watkins will be a great battle. They have GREAT coaches and play as a team.

I’m sorry I just don’t see the strength in that schedule for that team.

I agree, a ton of talent and should be good in the coming years. Every good D1 team they played they lost.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net

Marysville- L 4-5
Grove city- W 16-1
Hillard Darby- W 20-0
Groveport- W 7-3
Jonathon alder- W 4-3
Wheelersburg- W10-5
Walsh Jesuit- W 6-3
Lakewood- Cancelled
Beavercreek- cancelled
Lancaster- L 4-3
North Union- W 10-0
Heath- W 8-0
Mason- Cancelled
Lebanon- Cancelled

I lost ALL respect for TV coach after they posted 31 runs on a banged up FU team.

That was uncalled for and should of never happened.

A little class goes a long way.

3onthefield

Reaction score
I lost ALL respect for TV coach after they posted 31 runs on a banged up FU team.

That's hilarious. Your previous post, you took shots at that FU team too and seemed to enjoy stirring the pot with nasty inaccurate comments. That was such disrespect for a small school working with what they have, and your facts were wrong anyway. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you wrote, guess you were because you removed the bashing post. I lost respect for you man, not cool. You'll learn next year what we've dealt with. Further more, you should make sure your own house is clean before you trash someone else's program, and if you don't know what I'm talking about then you have your head in the ground.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
That's hilarious. Your previous post, you took shots at that FU team too and seemed to enjoy stirring the pot with nasty inaccurate comments. That was such disrespect for a small school working with what they have, and your facts were wrong anyway. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you wrote, guess you were because you removed the bashing post. I lost respect for you man, not cool. You'll learn next year what we've dealt with. Further more, you should make sure your own house is clean before you trash someone else's program, and if you don't know what I'm talking about then you have your head in the ground.

Absolutely was not taking shots at FU or their coach.
It may came across that way but that’s NOT what it was meant to be. I had a text conversation with Matt and explained that to him. I sent him a text the day after that game and said uncalled for. Meaning on TVs part.
Just because I posted “Hear Say” from parents currently on that team it hurt peoples feelings.

It wasn’t removed due to being ashamed of myself. It was removed because it clearly said “Hear Say” and it obviously ruffled people’s feathers and hurt feelings. That’s not what it was meant for.

I can reactivate the thread no problem. It doesn’t bother me.

If we want to make this post about me go ahead. I know who I am as a person and I respect Matt and nothing against FU. They have some great ball players out there. I can name a handful of them.

It was posted off of “Hear Say”.

People have thin skin nowadays. Oh wait it’s 2022 I forgot. Bunch of Liberals.

If you lost respect for me that’s fine. I know who I am as a person. I know that post wasn’t meant to hurt someone’s feelings or bash them.

I don’t hide behind a screen name. Everyone in here knows who I am. They can find me at the fields all summer long.

As for Lancaster’s program and coaching staff they have done a great job this year.

I don’t care about next year. This year isn’t over. Once June 4th hits then the season is over and we worry about next year.

So no my heads not in the ground.

VE_05

Reaction score

I will 100% agree with you on this and not just because of the 31 runs. We are not the only ones in this column either including people playing for them. Thats why i said they have the talent as for players.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
Also remember during the tournament time of year…. While exciting in many ways, as a parent have the presence of mind that the loss of a tourney game will be the last time at least 80% will lace up the cleats. So please remember that as the later innings close in and reality sets in for them…. They’ll need a parent support then, more than ever! No dog in this fight, mine are done over 12 years now… good luck, sit back and enjoy the rides!

SOFTBALLISFUN

Reaction score
How is NP ranked 10th? Does anyone know how much of a beast their pitcher is?

jt7663

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link for Playoff brackets?

1buckeyes

Reaction score
Max Preps is a way better resource than a bunch of coaches voting for friends! They would also definitely disagree with you on TV strength of schedule!

Attachments

• 11A2B6D9-4245-4011-A4A6-932049941BFE.jpeg
    11A2B6D9-4245-4011-A4A6-932049941BFE.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 37

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Max Preps is a way better resource than a bunch of coaches voting for friends! They would also definitely disagree with you on TV strength of schedule!

Thats Max Prep. Come on Nick, Teays Valley lost to LEWIS CENTER OLENTANGY (16 Seed) 1-0. Still think Max Prep is accurate on that one??

Like I said before… They have great athletes but every decent team they played they lost to them.

I understand Max Prep has Watkins at 1 and coaches poll has them at 3 or 4. I agree 4 is low but for sure they are a top 3 program. Possibly 1. We shall see.

I do like that they have Gahanna in the polls on Max Prep. That program has made a serious turn and the winning culture instilled in the program.
North Ridgeville is a solid team too.

Obviously I will be rooting for Lancaster as this is my daughter Zhari’s senior year.

But I will be rooting for Watkins and Gahanna as long as they are not playing Lancaster.

Softball is alive and well in Central Ohio.

I have watched most of the teams in the Top 10 this year minus Anthony Wayne, Walt Jessup, & Brecksville.

Out of All the teams I have watched, hands Down Watkins and Lancaster Programs are up there 1 & 2.

For now if I base it off of last years result and this year so far I would say Watkins & Lancaster are 1 & 2 in our area. Either team could make it all the way. IMO. It’s sucks that it’s gonna come to them playing each other at Regionals.
Both teams just need to stay the course.