Catching and Catchers discussion Recommendations on Catcher's Gear

Buying my daughter her first set of catcher's gear. Does anyone have any opinions on the best to buy for the $$$ and why? Thanks in advance!!

BY gear designed for females. We have used several brands and Schutt feels the best to my DD (16u). Snug fit so it doesn't get in the way. Right size is key. I think they have a 13, 15, & 17 chest protector. My 5' 6" DD uses a 15". She has used 3 different gloves and likes the Worth LACMFPB Liberty Advanced 33". Might not want to start out with that as it is pricier. If she is new to catching any fastpitch glove should work once it's broken in.

Get a lightweight helmet that she can look up and find the ball with it on and not wobble around like she's drunk due to the weight. There is no reason for a catcher to throw off their helmet to find a ball.....

Also have her squat with the shinguards on to make sure the top of her knee does't get exposed when she does. Some people try them on and say "oh they fit" while standing, but exposes the top when squatting....