Stingray Tournament Field

I want to start by thanking everyone who sent in entries for the tournament. We continued to be impressed by the breadth of competitive teams interested in this event. We have put together all of the entry forms and are currently going through the process of determining the tournament field. We had originally intended on announcing the field tomorrow Monday December 6th, however, due to the fact that one of the people involved in the selections has moved to Kentucky and the fact that we had some entries sent to last year?s address, we are going to wait a few days more to make the official announcement. This WILL NOT delay the returning of checks to any entrants that do not become a part of the field. Those will still be sent back on Monday December 13th as originally planned. Thank you for your support and we will make the final announcement very soon.

I hope this is not what to expect from this organization come tourney time. It reminds me of the military hurry up and wait because we don't know what is going on. You mean to tell me that one person moves ( he must of packed up and left in the middle of the night) and they can not get any thing done. I had read how this was a first class tourney, lets hope this is the only bump in the road. It seems that the excuses Stingrays Coach is using is no different than the excuses that tourney from the State up north are using. REAL WEAK ?Coach would you accept that kind of an answer from one of your players? I doubt it! Lets get the show on the road.

Back off " YOU TELL ME " The Stingrays run an excellent Tournament . The problem is there is more teams entered than fields available. I only hope that my entry made it in on time because I want to play the team that beat me in the states for first place last year .

Mark ... T-bolts/18u/white

The Stingrays run a first class tournament. At least they are trying to let teams know that the selection process hit a bump in the road. If you want to know what to expect at the time of the tournament, look at how they have operated in the past. With all due respect to every other tournament out there, this is a well run tournament, and is becoming one of the best opportunities for Central Ohio to host a premier regional tournament. If they continue to draw teams from greater distances, that will only enhance the quality of the play, and recruiting opportunities, but the downside is that eventually some local teams will be left out, or they will have to find a way to expand the field.

tomuch:

Not sure what you mean by your question, but The Stingray Tournament is now a true "Invitational", with an application form asking for information relevant to the applicant team's talent and competitive experience. One assumes that invitations will be given based on that information.

you tell me - have you sent in an entry form for your team. If so I hope your team is choosen to play this year. I know you will have a different opinion after you have played there.

Mark and Others.......

Don't you see that this was a weak, poorly veiled attempt by a novice coach/parent/TD/trouble maker (<<-- insert as you deem necessary) to take a whack at an organization and tournament that has done a very good job in the past in running their tournament? A short delay in announcing the accepted field is not the end of the world. In my opinion, some people are still upset that they could not finish last year's games and award the trophies/rankings because of the weather.

I have been in their shoes, and it isn't fun. I have also been in their tournament and it always has been well run. Unfortunately, my team is probably one of the teams that is on the bubble this year, since we have moved up an age division and are not a big name club. No matter the result, you will not hear us complain.

Whether we make it or not, Matt and the Stingrays continue to do a good job in giving players, parents, and coaches a good value and what they want. I commend them for their continued efforts.

Jack Gore
Rattlers Fastpitch 18u

I'm just glad that someone realized that Matt and Mark aren't the same person. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Jack. Don't downplay your teams/organizations name recognition. Everyone knows who the Rattlers are!!! Or they certainly should.

tomuch - see the response rattlers wrote. There are obviously exceptions made. By increasing the # of games there will be some numbers problems. Remember there were 110+ teams in the tourney last year and over 130 entries. Going down under 80 total teams leaves A LOT of teams out - if in fact all the teams from last year wanted to return. The toughest thing for a TD to do is to "select" a field. You want to accomidate everyone, but the fact is that you also want to most competitive field possible. This tourney has made subtle changes every year, and it will continue to do so. 5 years ago we asked coaches and other TD's what they wanted in a top tourney. It was a LONG list of things. Hopefully we continue to move toward that.

I think that ORays made such a nice politically safe statement that I might defer all selections to him, he was much better at this stuff than I am.

Been there, done that. Anyway second generations always do things better...lol ?Now it's your turn. ?Can you say ? ? ? b ?u ?l ?l ?s ?e ?y ?e? ?

Maybe you guys should be spending less time on-line and more time narrowing the field..................J/K

Jack Gore
Rattlers Fastpitch 18u

Stingrays Coach

We are looking forward to playing in your tournament this coming 2005 season, any feeling when the list will be out ???
Randy Durbin U16 Terminators 8)

Thanks

Yes, it will be finalized this evening. I will publish that list tonight and will email all coaches who entered on Monday when I get back to Chicago. Thank you all for your patience.

Ratlers
do you know if your 14u is going to the stingrays tournament??