It's gonna be a sad day for me when....

mike_dyer

Reaction score
They figure out how Usain Bolt passed all of those drug tests.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
If someone has worked hard all their life, and is blessed with the type of body that is most advantageous for their event, they can't dominate for a decade. It has to be drugs, right?

Lebron? Doper.
Tom Brady? Same.
Josh Donaldson? Needles lying all around the house...

Some people have it. Most of us don't come close.

jdcii

Reaction score
If someone has worked hard all their life, and is blessed with the type of body that is most advantageous for their event, they can't dominate for a decade. It has to be drugs, right?

Lebron? Doper.
Tom Brady? Same.
Josh Donaldson? Needles lying all around the house...

Some people have it. Most of us don't come close.

You are making assumptions that they never have? Once someone reaches their genetic max they will have to use something to push beyond that. You know full well that most body builders use steroids but can test clean. Heck, Lance Armstrong tested clean for years; Floyd Landis was his downfall. Even Payton Manning was accused of HGH (human growth hormone) and quite honestly if it helped with his recovery I don't see the issue. You see in football or basketball, the guy leave the floor, head to the locker room and get a shot of cortisone. Unless, you are Lebron yourself, you don't know what he has used even if it is to get through some of the pain or to recover faster, especially with age.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
That's true.

We don't really know. But why do we just assume that the players are chemically enhanced just because they're at the top of their sport for a long time? To simply say that Usain Bolt has to be doping is awful "Trump-ish". (as in unsubstantiated.)

mike_dyer

Reaction score
It wasn't Payton Manning who was doping, it was his wife. Remember?

That's her on the left there. Look how huge she is!

HGH.jpg

I don't even care that they do it, in fact I think it should be allowed. If an actress has a bunch of surgery done so she can get some parts in movies is she cheating?

mike_dyer

Reaction score
If there is ever any actual money in softball you'll see it here too.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
If an actress has a bunch of surgery done so she can get some parts in movies is she cheating?

Hollywood doesn't have a "Realism Policy". (Can you imagine what it would like if there was one !?!)

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Hollywood doesn't have a "Realism Policy". (Can you imagine what it would like if there was one !?!)

It's the same principle.

One person does it they earn a really nice living, another person does it they are shamed as a cheater.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
So who ended up with those titles that Lance Armstrong won?

The guy in 58th place?

How far back did they have to go to find someone who wasn't on the sauce?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to give them to someone who wasn't even there.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
It's the same principle.

One person does it they earn a really nice living, another person does it they are shamed as a cheater.

Except that PED's cause all kinds of health problems, both physical and mental.

All Nip/Tucks do is amplify your vanity.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Yap.

If you use them incorrectly they sure do, that's another reason they should be allowed. Bring it out of the shadows. There's no reason why an athlete can't go see a doctor, get a prescription, be monitored and treated just like with anything else. That's how those guys who are winning are doing it. But ssssshhhhhhh....

I know guys who used them and they're all f-ed up from it now. What were they supposed to do, ask their dad?

Use them correctly and you can break Olympic records that were set in B.C. times.

jdcii

Reaction score
Except that PED's cause all kinds of health problems, both physical and mental.

All Nip/Tucks do is amplify your vanity.

Louuuu there is absolutely zero evidence that PEDs cause any health problems. In fact, you will not find any valid medical studies done on it. Propaganda is what you are being fed. They create fear in the masses. I will make this disclaimer... when used in moderation and not abused, and everyone reacts differently.

jdcii

Reaction score
Yap.

If you use them incorrectly they sure do, that's another reason they should be allowed. Bring it out of the shadows. There's no reason why an athlete can't go see a doctor, get a prescription, be monitored and treated just like with anything else. That's how those guys who are winning are doing it. But ssssshhhhhhh....

I know guys who used them and they're all f-ed up from it now. What were they supposed to do, ask their dad?

Use them correctly and you can break Olympic records that were set in B.C. times.

Its the end of the internet, I agree with Mike.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
So - and I'm not arguing, I'm asking a question - reports of enlarged heads, shrinking 'nads, and rhoid rage haven't been proven?

jdcii

Reaction score
So - and I'm not arguing, I'm asking a question - reports of enlarged heads, shrinking 'nads, and rhoid rage haven't been proven?

Proven through medical study? No. Proven through self medicated lab rats? possibly. Testicular atrophy (which is usually minimal), increased aggression, gyno, acne can be side effects. However, most will take an Aromatase inhibitor which will usually eliminate the side effects. The issue is that once someone starts some PEDs it stops their natural production and their estrogen levels increase. Hence the mentioned side effects. There are some PEDs that do not aromatize and still provide the anabolic effects. Never heard of the enlarged heads and unless you already exhibit anger or aggressive behavior one will not develop roid rage. If we are just talking testosterone, the average male will produce around 70mg a week on their own and when someone goes on testosterone replacement they will usually prescribe around 200 mg a week. Everyone is different, but some body builders will increase their test intake to around 500 to 1000 mg a week for about 8-12 weeks. I've read the real problems arise when they increase to around 2000-5000mg a week. As Mike suggested if they did so under a doctors direction and constant blood work then 95% of the time all will be well. It's probably a safer than most of the prescription drugs on the market now.