Young players staying at hotel, site of fatal shooting - Dayton Daily News

achs33

Reaction score
Parents keep close watch at this hotel. Fatal shooting there last night. When I saw the hotel for the tournament was this hotel the wife and I were baffled when there are so many nice and safe hotels within 15 minutes of park. Her company used to have employees stay there (truck drivers) when they came to Dayton for orientation or to work. She said they had many issues with crime and vehicle break ins etc... they quit using hotel. Friday and Saturday nights are usually the worst nights of course. Make sure you leave nothing of value in your vehicle that can be seen. Be safe.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

ech92

Reaction score
Our team cancelled our rooms as soon as we heard this happened. Luckily the Hampton had some last minute rooms open up! Scary stuff!

El Spizo

Reaction score
My first thought would be "f that, where's the Hampton"

that at would be before knowing all this happened.

seriously though, I've worked 7 years as a regional manager or other travel position job, took me about a month to figure out the Hampton was the only place for me. Sure it's an extra couple bucks, but I've never had a Hampton I've had to question and frankly I'll eat Taco Bell for dinner to make the difference if needed.

Plus you can eat the breakfast without having to reassure yourself the health department inspects these places from time to time.

JoeA1010

Reaction score
I picked a good time for the first time in four or five years to stay at a different hotel. I heard the parking lot at the Hotel Dayton was empty today and yesterday. Dayton paper said the new owners were planning $3 to $4 million in renovations (which I find difficult to believe). Can't imagine that's still the case. I'd guess the Hotel Dayton is pretty much finished.

freddieball

Reaction score
One of our girls was late because the police would not let them leave because the body was still laying face down in the hallway 20 feet from their door. They heard 3 gunshots and screams at 4am but said the kids were loud and partying all night long. Needless to say they didn't return. Then yesterday when we left the park the family dollar right to the park had 2 cops outside with guns drawn pointing at the front door running across the parking lot and a guy inside the store doorway pointing a gun out towards the street where we were turning the corner.