$20 gate fees or minimum of $200 a team @ Kentucky tournament

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Kentucky tournament director is charging a $20 gate fee or a minimum of $200 per team.

This Tournament Director claims these fees were necessary due to the extra staff and meeting the state's Covid-19 guidelines.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think the team as a group should pay for it. noway would i pay $20 a head for entry. I have 4 family members that go watch.. so i am paying $80?? a day?

FO-GET ABOUT IT!

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd just withdraw from the tournament citing Covid-19 and if they didn't give a 100% refund, take them to small claims court and set a legal precedent to keep future BS like this from happening again.

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd just withdraw from the tournament citing Covid-19 and if they didn't give a 100% refund, take them to small claims court and set a legal precedent to keep future BS like this from happening again.

ye I did the math the TD took in a extra 9,600 dollars for extra staff and cleaning supplies. That was for a two day event. I think that almost a crime.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where was this even at?
Cause last I heard Kentucky hasn't been allowed to host travel ball events yet???

Dave Coffee

Reaction score
Where was this even at?
Cause last I heard Kentucky hasn't been allowed to host travel ball events yet???

I believe it happen in Tennessee not Kentucky. I read the TD moved his event to Tennessee because he couldn't host it in Kentucky.