2009 Central Ohio Bustos/Carrier Clinic Announcement

The 2009 Central Ohio Crystl Bustos Softball Clinic, sponsored by the Central Ohio Ice, is coming to Westerville. The clinic will feature 3-time Olympian & '08 ASA Player of the Year Crystl Bustos and hitting guru Howard Carrier.

Dates: Saturday & Sunday, February 28 & March 1, 2009

7118 Mount Royal Ave, Westerville, OH 43082

Saturday
Coaches Clinic, 8 am-12 pm, $70
Fielding, 1-5 pm, $70 (75 max)

Sunday
Intro to Hitting, 8 am-12 pm, $70 (60 max)
Advanced Hitting, 1-5 pm, $70 (30 max, application required)

The coaches clinic will start in a classroom setting and then progress to the gym with Crystl & Howard running players through full drills in a mock practice so coaches can see everything in action 1st hand.

Entry into the advanced hitting session will involve completing a short application focusing on experience level. The goal here is to select up to 30 players with more experience to work on some of Crystl & Howard's more advanced techniques.

The entry form & the application form for the advanced hitting session will be posted shortly.

For more information contact: Kirk Lowery: 614-638-5107 or kirk@wyattweb.com

Nice to talk to you again Kirk. Hope to see you Feb. 28 and March 1.

Kirk, Tim Duncan has already said he and his daughter will be helping us and I would like to see if the other Coaches/ Instructor (lemmings) want to come up/ down to help us or do you need help?

Look forward to working with you again.

Absolutely need help to man the stations. I talked with SBFAMILY & LADY KNIGHTS, and they seem interested in lending a hand. Duncan & daughter and any other lemmings are also welcome. Come one, come all.

Registration form to be posted tonight. In qa/qc review.

PS. Have a girl we switched to lefty about 3 months ago, & have been focusing on the slap/drag. This morning was her 1st full swing session. She left the tee stacker in place on her 5th swing. Amazing!

I think anyone of the lemmings that can help will help...it is for the girls and nothing else and we will all have fun doing it...we ALL learn from working with CB and her team mates!

We do not swing down or level on the ball and can prove why....come and ask us any questions as we answered may questions last weekend and demonstrated using an 8 year old doing it!

This is awesome--HC and CB in Columbus!!!!! We are so fortunate. Let us know how we can help.

Howard, is my youngest a good candidate for the advanced hitting session?

Kirk is working on a link to his web site to make it easier to register for the clinic so please be patient.

Thank you

Hitter, we wont be able to make the clinic as we will be out of town with our son at a wrestling tournament. Curious if you and CB do any clinics closer to Southern Illinois? If we didn't have plans we would be there as it is well worth the drive!!!!!!! Thanks

Contact sixshootersmom and you never know...

We will be at Evangel University in Springfield Missouri Jan. 22,24 for a coaches clinic and two hitting clinics...that's a little closer for you.

Thank you for coming all the way here from Illinois and we hoped you got your monies worth.

definetly worth the money. I videoed as much as possible so i could go back and reference anytime. Where do i get info on the Evangel clinics?

definetly worth the money. I videoed as much as possible so i could go back and reference anytime. Where do i get info on the Evangel clinics?

Just got off the phone with Coach Breaux and he will take care of you as soon as you contact him.

Kirk,
Just downloaded the registration form and will have it in the mail asap.

Howard,
Thanks again for the help and advice yesterday, The daughter and I are looking forward to working and talking with you more. It'll be well worth the 3 hr. drive.

Kirk,

Thanks for the information. My daughters entry form and check are in the mail. Thank you.

Rusty McHenry

Thanks Dan...Tom is coming up from the Ultimate's also...it is gratifying to see the other coaches coming together to help each other.

Tim and Brit will be there from MVE to help also.

I am doing a mini coaches clinic at the house Saturday for the Static coaches so they can help at the stations for their clinic next Sunday.

I've got Gary Davis, Tribe and Tim and Brit coming down also to help....Brit has come a long way teaching her dad how to teach hitting. She thought the new axe bat was a little more end loaded than it should be however it appears to work better when splitting logs than cutting trees. We need to move it more towards the sweet spot however it is still functional and you get a good workout using it. My tees are sure taking a beating especially when they get under the ball and hit the tee.

I never knew some of these balls had cork and some have compressed foam inside them...we do now! The foam ones look like snow if you hit them just right however it makes a mess in the garage.

Hitter 23 - Chris didn't get to see the end result, nor did he get to see his Lemming picture with the hat! Let me know what he thinks on his next visit. The hat was Tim's idea.