2009 OFC Pre-Season Coaches' Poll

The 2009 OFC Pre-Season Coaches' Poll

The pre-season poll will be released the first week of April with the first regular season poll released the 2nd week of May. All coaches are eligible to vote in the poll. Only one ballot per team per week. You must include the team you coach for with your ballot. Submit a list of 10 teams ranked in order from 1 to 10. If you want to give some recognition to teams beyond #10 you can list them also and they will receive 1 pt. You can PM me your pre-season ballot anytime starting in March.

The following is how teams are pointed up.

1...10pts
2...9pts
3...8pts
4...7pts
5...6pts
6...5pts
7...4pts
8...3pts
9...2pts
10.1pts

REMEMBER: These polls are just for fun and to stimulate discussion. If you don?t like ?em, don?t vote and don?t read.

Below is last year's final poll standings. Probably pretty accurate. You may now start politicking and shilling until April.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10U
1st place votes in ( )
[tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Pts. [/td][/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Lasers 10U (4)[/td] [td]54[/td][/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]Ohio ICE (1)[/td] [td]52[/td][/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Valley Sting[/td] [td]41[/td][/tr] [tr][td]4[/td] [td]Diamond Dogs[/td] [td]34[/td][/tr] [tr][td]5[/td] [td]Lasers 9U[/td] [td]28[/td][/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td]Valley Extreme[/td] [td]23[/td][/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td]North Coast Spirit (1)[/td] [td]22[/td][/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td]Ohio Pride[/td] [td]19[/td][/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]HOH Inferno[/td] [td]18[/td][/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td]Diamond Chix[/td] [td]9[/td][/tr]

Others receiving votes
Ohio Lady Warriors (7), Chill (6), Willoughby Starzz (5), Ohio Top Guns (4), Stingrays (2), Miami County Blaze (2), Ohio Dragons (1), Cincy Doom (1), Baseburners (1), Chain Reaction (1),
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12U
1st place votes in ( )
[tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Pts. [/td][/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Ohio ICE (6)[/td] [td]112[/td][/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]Stingrays (4)[/td] [td]98[/td][/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Cincy Doom '95[/td] [td]95[/td][/tr] [tr][td]4[/td] [td]Laser Gold[/td] [td]77[/td][/tr] [tr][td]5[/td] [td]Valley Extreme - White (2)[/td] [td]69[/td][/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td]Laser Silver[/td] [td]69[/td][/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td]Ohio Classics[/td] [td]40[/td][/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td]Buckeye Heat '95[/td] [td]30[/td][/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]Ohio Danger (Braun)[/td] [td]19[/td][/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td]Roadrunners (Zanesville)[/td] [td]16[/td][/tr]

Others receiving votes
Ohio Top Guns (12), Emeralds - Black (10), HOH - Pulse (5), Chain Reaction (3), Diamond Dogs (2), Scioto County Wild Thangs (1), SGS Magic Red (1),
14U
1st place votes in ( )
[tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Team [/td] [td]Pts. [/td][/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Slammers (10)[/td] [td]100[/td][/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]Miami Valley Express [/td] [td]74[/td][/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Lasers - Red[/td] [td]67[/td][/tr] [tr][td]4[/td] [td]ICE (Richards)[/td] [td]56[/td][/tr] [tr][td]5[/td] [td]Tigerlillies[/td] [td]45[/td][/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td]Valley Extreme (Kieser)[/td] [td]38[/td][/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td]Ohio Wave (Rosinski) [/td] [td]36[/td][/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td]Cincy Doom - 93[/td] [td]26[/td][/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]Stingrays (Seeds)[/td] [td]22[/td][/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td]Lasers - White[/td] [td]18[/td][/tr]
Others receiving votes
Miami County Blaze - Gold (15), Cincy Storm (11), Ashland Blaze (7), Ohio Blast (6), HOH Force (6), Akron Sapphires (5), Shockwave (4), Buckeye Heat - 93 (4), Diamond Dominators (3), Mid Ohio Thunder (2), NWO Lady Irish Gold (2), Nordonia (1), Gahanna Lady Lions (1),

16U
1st place votes in ( )
[tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Pts. [/td][/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Wolfpack - Black (6)[/td] [td]78[/td][/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]GCKA Nightmare (2)[/td] [td]74[/td][/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Valley Extreme - Blue[/td] [td]49[/td][/tr] [tr][td]4[/td] [td]Buckeye Heat - Toledo[/td] [td]43[/td][/tr] [tr][td]5[/td] [td]Ohio Classics - Black ? [/td] [td]41[/td][/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td]Lasers - Aqua[/td] [td]32[/td][/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td]Lasers - Orange[/td] [td]29[/td][/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td]Miami Valley Express[/td] [td]23[/td][/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]Vikings Elite[/td] [td]18[/td][/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td]Ohio Freeze[/td] [td]13[/td][/tr]

Others receiving votes
Akron Sapphires (10), Stingrays (Cottrell) (8), Buckeye Heat (Gianas) (8), OFC Heat (6), ICE (Newsome) (5), Tri-County Hurricanes (1), Emeralds (1),

I'll get the conversation started in the 14U.

My Pre pre-season poll

1 Slammers
2 Valley Extreme
3 Ohio Ice
4 Ohio Wave
5 Cincy Doom 94
6 Stringrays
7 Cincy Storm
8 Lady Irish Gold
9 Sapphires
10 Buckeye Heat

I am going to assume Heat 94 but which Valley Extreme and which Stingray team are you listing?

Nothing like stirring the pot before we even play a game!;&

I'm ducking before the shrapnel hits!!:lmao:

I'll get the conversation started in the 14U.

My Pre pre-season poll

1 Slammers
2 Valley Extreme
3 Ohio Ice
4 Ohio Wave
5 Cincy Doom 94
6 Stringrays
7 Cincy Storm
8 Lady Irish Gold
9 Sapphires
10 Buckeye Heat

The purpose is to submit your rankings to Ringer via email or IM. Then he will post the finished poll after tabulating all of the COACHES entries.

The purpose is to submit your rankings to Ringer via email or IM. Then he will post the finished poll after tabulating all of the COACHES entries.

That's right!!! No discussion of this subject until Ringer and wvanalmsick give their permission!

Naaaa lets gum up Ringer's post like he does others Just kiddin' MD

FWIW -- Rays 14u's are tough cookies , they have a dang fine # 1 pitcher. She showed the 13's a thing or two about control and ball movement in one of the fall tournies. Very nice pitcher. MD

also there are no doom 94's. must be 95's and there are either 2 or 3 V.E teams . include a coach's name --same with Buckeye Heat -need a year or coach name other than that you were good ;) PSS If Lasers red is 11th in Ohio I'm takin' my 13u kid to WV to play :D

MD, thats why I put this out here so we could have a good month of "discussion" before the pre-season poll is released. You'll need a whole lot more Dubble-Bubble to gum my threads up. Engelburt's vote won't count anyway (unless he is coach), just pre-election influence.

That's right!!! No discussion of this subject until Ringer and wvanalmsick give their permission!

You can discuss it all you want, without my permission. But the purpose of this thread was to let everyone know that Ringer was getting ready to start the polls again.

Besides, we all know who the #1 14U team is, everyone else is just fighting to be second best. Kind of like having to kiss your sister.

There, that ought to open it up for lively discussion.

What are you talking about Sarge. We don't make the rules, ASA, U-Trip NSA does. If a kid turns 13 in Jan. 09 she is a 12U player. The Slammers will play mostly a 16U schedule anyway but they are still a 14U team.

Also, Ringer, it's ENGELBERG not engelburt. Not a coach so I'll give my 2 cents in the "unofficial" poll.

M-Dan, maybe you want to take your kid to WV. The red team lost their best players to the "other" team so that's why they are < 10. They'll have their chance to prove it on the field like everybody else.

I saw the red minus the whoevers in the fall tournies (playing in the 16u's ) --- If they are not top ten at 14u then Ohio has replaced Ca . as the best fastpitchers in the nation. Ok maybe some hyperbole there but there is ZERO chance there are 10 better 14u teams than the red. IMO . I'm sure they will prove plenty this year. maybe you just don't like Laser nation --

MD, have you loaned out your DD to the Laser Nation too? How many teams are we up to?:lmao:

I'd wager that when it's all said and done, the Red will barely earn an honorable mention in the polls. I agree with wvan, in that, there is one 14u team and 10-15 also rans. It should be an exciting summer. jmho

FWIW, I know a number of the kids on the Red, and they are going to be strong this year. Top 5, who knows. Top 10, for sure.

Curious about the 14U lady Irish gold, I know their coach is a good coach, but they lost their clear cut #1 pitcher to the Buckeye Heat 15U Toledo team, did they get somebody to replace her?